Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Ya have to say Evilpaul that sounds like you're drinking a bit too much hatorade or worrying too much about catching the gay.

2 things you have to understand firstly that that a lot of Japanese teens dress what we refer to at the very least as meterosexual and at most dressing like a flamer. Secondly though look at the source material and setting Vaan is obviously a copy of Disney's Aladdin and the setting is in a desert/tropical environment. He's even got similar motivation. I don't remember Aladdin being blatantly painted as a fag despite the fact he was dressed in almost the same way.

Either way if you're thinking he's gay then you're reading too much into things that aren't in anyway there. Seriously he definitely seemed more interested in Penelo and Ashe over Bosch to me. Like maybe he'd go for Balthier but c'mon that guy's like Brad Pitt anyone would be a bit gay for him. Would it have made you feel better if he was busy trying to feel up Penelo or Ashe the whole time?

I'll admit Vaan's voice actor was pretty annoying but at the same time his motivation and story wasn't terrible. Definitely one of the least interesting characters though but not really that bad.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I never understood the extreme hate for Vaan. He wasn't Balthier for sure, but it's not like he got in the way of the story. Compared to the walking cliché you see in every others games on the market, his character was fairly reasonable imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    2. Unrelated, but was Parasite Eve worth playing? I remember playing it a bit but all I remember about it was being a cop with a gun and there was lots of blood.
    Parasite Eve 1 was great. It probably didnt age well without the nostalgia since the script was awfully written (translated at least), but the concept was original, and the ambiance was top notch back in the day. Not many games captured the parabnormal/mysteries/horror vibe as well as this one.

The game is very short (10h or so). It's probably worth your time even if it's just to see what it is about.

The second one had decent gameplay, but it wasn't great. It was like every other game of the genre back then (Resident evil, dino crisis, etc). You end up in a strange town, discover a high tech laboratory infested with monsters, army get involved and bring the nuke... You know what I mean.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    Until he fades into the background and mostly stops talking which is only a few hours in. He's basically the cameraman for the game. Which is why I personally don't have any strong feeling about him one way or another.
    This is basically why, as I mentioned earlier, I never understood great dislike because his overall involvement is fairly minor, but I understand not liking a character based on aesthetics (Tidus, jesus christ those pants). If that's the case it's totally understandable because that is something that gets mentioned a lot. It just seems like sometimes disliking him on that basis feeds into other things like his personality or role and makes the character as a whole off-putting for some which is my main contention. Personally I love the character design and thought Vaan's conveyed the atmosphere of the world they live in really well, but I'm also partial to that design aesthetic.

I probably could've made this a lot shorter by just saying different strokes for different folks and put Vaan's picture in spoilers to give the words weird innuendo.

Am I the only person who didn't get into the Hunts at all? You needed a strategy guide to find the Marks in a timely manner. Also, I'm not 12 anymore with three SNES games to choose from and I have some real life stuff I sometimes have to go do, so I don't really care to grind to level 99 for some super mega boss. Sure GameFAQs solves the first part, but I'd kind of rather go play a new game (or grind in 11).
    As for hunts, they're one of my favorite parts of the game, but admittedly I grabbed a listing for all of them before ever even starting because I didn't want to miss any. The adult in me ruins the experience for the kid in me sometimes, lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If Vaan had tapped Penelo like Tidus tapped Yuna, I'd have a far greater amount of respect for him. In Vaan's defense, however, Tidus understood the gravity of the situation, and knew that his time was limited, so we went for it. I guess Mr. Happy Carefree go Lucky Vaan figures that he can get poon whenever, and being a sky pirate can't wait.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'M CAPTAIN BASCH VON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA

instant rage

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hey, Buckethead!

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    3) Vagrant Story is on PSP?! 4) FFXII International: Zodiac has an English patch available that makes the game completely playable. As I remember all the voice acting is in English and so with the menus/text patched it's all gravy.
    3_ yes! you can rip the PS1 game into a .cso and play it on your psp.
    i don't know if you have to use an homebrew program to play it, not very keen when it comes to the software part.

4_ omg tell me every step of "how to play your FF12 zodiac job system in engrish" please.
    i have my PS2, my original FF12 zodiac thingie JP disc. what else do i need?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There's a .PPF patch file you need to download and then patch a .ISO disc image. Or find a .torrent and get a pre-patched one. After that you need either a PS2 emulator or a way to play burned discs/games from HDD/network/etc.

Only thing I liked about 12 was the afk leveling...

Vaan's nose always bothered me too much to repeat play it. Basch was hot though :3

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kumbai View Post
    Only thing I liked about 12 was the afk leveling...
    Yeah, I heard about this. When's the earliest I can do this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There's a thing that summons endless skeletons right after that fake save crystal IIRC.

Linky: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-f...xii/faqs/45730

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Last night I was chaining Necro's in the Great Crystal to get one of my scrubs to 50+

After chain 300+ it was getting pretty frustrating only because I was getting autoshell from drops and it was preventing Lure from being casted on my leader

I could beat this at any time. Currently clearing hunts, and leveling my scrubs before I do so. Preping for KB/Yaiz/Omega/Hell Wyrm

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Preping for KB/Yaiz/Omega/Hell Wyrm
    Out of those 4, I think KB was the most fun. Actually, I'm fairly sure that was my favorite hunt out of them all. Was a lot easier the second play through for me as well. It had the small bit of mystery to it. Kill every mob in 2 zones, zone back in, go far enough in the middle to see a big fucking mob but not far enough that you cant check to make sure it's actually there while having time to buff... The other ones were just borderline annoying, if not completely so. I enjoy the need to stay on my toes for a strategy-based fight, but after an hour I'm tempted to throw my console out the window.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by m4th_ View Post
    4_ omg tell me every step of "how to play your FF12 zodiac job system in engrish" please.
    i have my PS2, my original FF12 zodiac thingie JP disc. what else do i need?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    There's a .PPF patch file you need to download and then patch a .ISO disc image. Or find a .torrent and get a pre-patched one. After that you need either a PS2 emulator or a way to play burned discs/games from HDD/network/etc.
    This is basically it, the latter of which evilpaul mentioned probably being the bigger hurdle. Do you have any way to go about playing burned or back-up DVD copies of games? A few ways mentioned earlier on this page.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just beat the storyline. I really enjoyed it. Going to finish the hunts then turn to FF Tactics. Sath, you should replay with me when I start

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

so I did some research, apparently samurai in the int version is good but the uluhan (dragoon) is much much stronger, so Im ok at that point, Id still like to change vaans job but I can deal with it for now.

now my thought is do I make Ashe a time mage or a knight. she apparently makes wicked awesome for either

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I actually made Ashe my samurai as I believe she makes the next best option to Vaan, but I guess it's dependent on healing as I believe Knight is right up there with WHM. I believe Uhlan also has access to some powerful black magic at some point which might free up room for a Time Mage if you don't already have a BLM.

Picking permanents is literally the hardest part about this game for me, pretty sure I spent like 4 hours reading threads on gamefaqs before I decided. Most of the threads were unsurprisingly people asking for help on matching jobs to the best people, lol.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Reading all this kind of makes me wanna go back and finish although the only thing I didn't do was Omega.
    I fought yazimat for like 10 hours (running in and out to save it because i remember him not resetting if you ran out quick enough) because I was probably underleveled but I'm cap level on my main team (Ashe with masamune, vaan with deathbringer and I forget my third) but I seriously have absolutely no way to live through Omega.
    I walk in and just get hit 9999 and die in like 2 hits with bubble up on everyone.
    Maybe I should replay int. version to remember the game a bit but yeah.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From what I gather that fight is a simple reverse spam fight

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Oh, that might work. Probably be a pain in the ass though. Dunno if it's worth it or not hahah.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast