+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Reverse and decoy on main attacker for Omega I believe.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Fuck me in the ass this game just got hard.

Currently trying to grind in The Subterra and getting anal raped perpetually. I have 2 LVL 70 toons, a 63 and 59. Hard as fuck...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serinde View Post
    Reverse and decoy on main attacker for Omega I believe.
    cheap. Fight like a man . I beat 12 all hunts never used that strat is just way to cheap.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by toonces View Post
    cheap. Fight like a man . I beat 12 all hunts never used that strat is just way to cheap.
    Haha, touche'. What strat DID you use for Omega? I can't imagine he'd exactly be a pushover, given how long and retarded the trek is to get to him, not to mention the fact that he is one of the final marks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tell you the truth I don't recall, but I did stayed away from reverse(bubble is that HP max one> had that mistaken). I had everybody leveled, omega was a push over vs the final hunt, omega just had that stupid ability but with everybody 99, pretty much switch and raise and cura and keep a it. I never used tanks, I just went all out all the time. FF12 pretty much boils to DPS and raising to me. But that is as much as I remember, hopefully that helps :X.

PS: Vaan stealing too
    PS2: But really, reverse is part of the game. If taht is your play style have fun with it ^^

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thats the 2nd time I've read between this thread, and an old Yaizmat thread: "I never used reverse" "Oh ya what was your strat?" "I don't remember"

Actually the last reply was "PM and Ill send you the strat"

Not that I dont believe its possible. I just overpowered Ixion with my under leveled doods w/ Arise and Lure spammed coupled with a Bubble Belt. But in my opnion its more mp draining and more strenuous to perpetually balance a reverse strategy over zombie tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt View Post
    Oh, that might work. Probably be a pain in the ass though. Dunno if it's worth it or not hahah.
    imho it isn't, since killing yazmat only gives you the item needed to build the omg-ultimate-sword that you will use to kill... the last boss, who can be easily killed with lvl 1 weapons by the characters that just killed the hardest boss in the game.

of course it gives the pleasure of 100% completation but yeah, 12 hours fight? no thanks.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not to say anything in FFXII can't be killed without the use of reverse or decoy (or a bitchin' combo of the two), but it sure makes it a whole hell of a lot easier. And when you're up against 9+ hour fights, I would think "easy" would be the way to go to maintain sanity.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

you guys REALLY need to play international version if you want a challenge. Its not this "oh I can just have every spell on every character because I ran a loop for free lp"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/939426-f...tem/faqs/52183

this is probably the biggest dealbreaker in the game being easy. You dont get all the free spells for everyone, it takes a lot of work and planning to really make a solid team.

take a look, I think youll be pleasantly surprised on how different the game is in international

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ya im sold on it. once i get a new pc its on the top of my to do list with starcraft 2

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by m4th_ View Post
    imho it isn't, since killing yazmat only gives you the item needed to build the omg-ultimate-sword that you will use to kill... the last boss, who can be easily killed with lvl 1 weapons by the characters that just killed the hardest boss in the game.

of course it gives the pleasure of 100% completation but yeah, 12 hours fight? no thanks.
    well it was kinda fun. i'd go to school and come home and fight him for 2 hours, run out and save and do homework. but from what i see, i guess if i reverse/decoy omega it probably wont be long of a fight. its just survivability that I need, and I think reverse might just be it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh wow international version souns liek ff12 on hard mode, must try it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    you guys REALLY need to play international version if you want a challenge. Its not this "oh I can just have every spell on every character because I ran a loop for free lp"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/939426-f...tem/faqs/52183

this is probably the biggest dealbreaker in the game being easy. You dont get all the free spells for everyone, it takes a lot of work and planning to really make a solid team.

take a look, I think youll be pleasantly surprised on how different the game is in international
    The international version is actually even easier compared to the original one.
    Black Mage is downright broken until the end of the game, being able to toss 10k+ damage Flame Staff+Oil+Fira by the time you reach Ozmone plains.
    My BLM literally solo'd Chuculainn with Drain alone (about 3k damage per cast, basically 100% HP recovery at that point) and thanks to fatty casting Invert things were even easier.
    The turbo speed button makes grinding a complete joke which can and will make you overleveled throughout the whole game.

I haven't unlocked weak mode (where characters don't gain exp) but that one seems to be a decent challenge for a while.

Either way, international version is way better than the original game and basically fixes all the flaws FFXII had (limited gambits until the end of the game, damage cap making attack magic useless, random chests, clone characters, useless espers and such).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well bugger me why couldn't they release the international version as the original version, not gonna have a chance to play that shit now.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FallingHigher View Post
    Well bugger me why couldn't they release the international version as the original version, not gonna have a chance to play that shit now.
    Feeling the same. My PS2 bought the farm a couple years ago, before that I could only play XII until certain parts because it would refuse to load the areas. I tried loading MSG: Zeonic Front, a game which I never got to experience, on the PS2 emulator but couldn't get it to work... I gave up after a couple hours of frustration.

EDIT: Anyone have a jackass' guide to get over this game's specific hurdles? I think it was gone over briefly earlier in the thread but I'm working on the PCSX2 client atm.

EDIT2: FML with this thing.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

there is a pre-setup version of the client already patched with a custom link to play

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    there is a pre-setup version of the client already patched with a custom link to play
    Never thought to search for a preconfigured emulator. Found both a prepatched .iso and a generally configured PCSX2 and then the BIOs. The emulator's 5mb~ but will take longer than the 3.98gb iso. Thanks. Hopefully things go well.

EDIT: Was struggling with DirectX but eventually an error about popped up about my CPU (GPU?) being unable to use SSSE3, had to revert to SSE2 and it works fine. The only thing I'm noticing is jittery/slow prerendered/CGI cutscenes like the opening sequence otherwise I'm maintaining 65~75 FPS. I'll play it later in the day. Time for sleep.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I just started the international version. Is there a guide that recommends which characters should be a certain job or which licenses to get for them? I just don't want to screw it up too badly.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Gamefaqsa has lengthy discussions on that subject, might want to clear through those.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I'd say Gamefaqs too, go to the International version's board and you'll see tons of threads discussing the topics. It's important because not only will you get some solid advice on matching the best jobs to the best people, but also which summons to give to whom to put them to the most use since they'll unlock certain licenses.

Even after I picked my setup I wasn't at all sure of my decision, but I spent so much fucking time trying to choose that I was just happy to start the game, lol. Here's what I initially boiled down my picks to:

Vaan: Shikari(Hunter)
    Penelo: Uhlan(Dragoon thinger)/Black Mage (give Cuchulain and Ultima to her)
    Fran: Machinist/Time Mage
    Basch: Archer/Monk
    Ashe: Knight/Samurai (give Zalera to her if you chose Samurai)
    Balthier: White Mage/Red Mage

I ended up with Ashe on Samurai and generally use Vaan, Ashe and Balthier and swap Basch with Ashe when I need ranged and Penelo or Fran for Balthier for similar mage-ly reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast