+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System - Revisiting

So I've picked this up again.

I know we had a fuck ton of info on this but wanted to fire up a thread to see if I could get a few questions answered.

I'm currently JUST past the Great Crystal. LVL 55 across the board and going back to do hunts.

When can I get bubble and reverse at the earliest?

Where is a good resource into looking for ultimate weapons?

Biggest question. When should I switch Vaan to 2H. I've seen many videos and strats saying its the best for pure dmg but its hard to give up that damn shield. I assume its when I can get reverse and bubble...

Anyone want to sell me one of those piggyback games ultimate guidebooks?

Gamefaqs has some really in depth guides, no pretty pictures though.

I'm gonna have to end up doing this soon myself, never finished 12.

I switched Vaan when I got Tournesol. I think it parries or blocks more often than regular stuff, so Vaan can DD and tank as well.

Reverse and Bubble I remember getting from ranking up. I think that's the earliest you can get those spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You can get Bubble pretty early if you do a lot of hunts. I think in my new game I got bubble at lvl 30ish but I had done all the hunts I could when they became available.

I switched Vaan to 2 handed weapons when I got the Zodiac Spear and then again when I got the Tournesol. Shields are fun, but the damage bonus from those two weapons is absolutely amazing.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya I fucked up my chests so I'm going to have to try to get the Zodiac Spear the hard way. I know it involves the Hennes Mines and chest luck or something along those lines. I have it written down somewhere.

BTW props to Bori for that guide torrent!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraph Altima
    FFXIV Server
    Mateus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Check this out for getting the Z.Spear the "hard way" -- [link deleted]

Long story short, someone found the patterns in the RNG. A specific sequence of actions will cause specific sequences of hit combos to tell you where you are in the RNG so that you can get the spear each time. If the link above isn't enough for you to get it, have a look at the youtube video (linked at the bottom of the guide), then have a look at the forums linked in the youtube video description/comments.

Also, where it says you need someone without the Brawler license - this isn't true. Equipping a Brawler with a shield negates the license entirely, so you just toss on a shield and you're fine.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

how the fuck do people figure that shit out

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Generally by emulating the game and watching the memory.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I have the int zodiac version which is awesome I just wish I could port my normal save game to it

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya once I get my new PC I plan on bugging u for that

BTW this game is the shit, I can believe how engulfed I am in the hunts and going after the end game swords.

Currently just beat Gilgamesh at lvl 62. Took 2 tries, first failed in 10min, 2nd in 1hr 20min. Only thing I didn't steal was his armor. (All I cared about were the gloves and sword)

I need to learn MP management. I assume theres some way to bleed mp off another toon who has a shit ton. Like Vaan... who always is full since hes tanking and main DD.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I played the heck out of this game before and still have my save for when i want to go beat up on one of those monsters that takes hours to kill. Usually there isn't a reason to get all the best items, etc but man, those hella high HP monsters make it worth it. I think i got all the best weapons and armor, lol. Actually, i want to go explore the great crystal some more, i've never been so damned lost inside of an area before. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I need to learn MP management. I assume theres some way to bleed mp off another toon who has a shit ton. Like Vaan... who always is full since hes tanking and main DD.
    Use Syphon on Vaan if you want more MP.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I played the heck out of this game before and still have my save for when i want to go beat up on one of those monsters that takes hours to kill. Usually there isn't a reason to get all the best items, etc but man, those hella high HP monsters make it worth it. I think i got all the best weapons and armor, lol. Actually, i want to go explore the great crystal some more, i've never been so damned lost inside of an area before. -.-
    This game is by far my favorite Final Fantasy, the content is just amazing.

There are a lot of really helpful maps online for navigating that area. I had a bit of trouble with it as well and then ended up quitting before killing Omega. I think I made it to his room at least 3 different times and was unable to actually fight him. The first was with Reddas, then I killed him off and tried again... no luck. Then I finished the story up to Bahamut, and instead of going for Bahamut I decided to try Omega again... but was still unable to target him to fight him. So my question is, when does he become targetable? Thinking about it further, I would assume either after completing the game, or maybe after accepting the hunt for Yiazmat?

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

gotta beat everything, yup

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wasn't a huge fan of 12. It was good, just not great.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ive had this game since launch and its taken this long for me to appreciate it. I've started it twice, gotten to Salikiwood and stopped.

I think XI really killed my chances of enjoying it. Now with me playing other games more often I find myself enjoying them more. I pushed my way through there and honestly the talk of the hunts got me hooked. It reminds me so much of Tactics (story wise) that I plan on playing tactics after this.

It also makes me think XIII is watered down garbage pre chpt 11

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ive had this game since launch and its taken this long for me to appreciate it. I've started it twice, gotten to Salikiwood and stopped.

I think XI really killed my chances of enjoying it. Now with me playing other games more often I find myself enjoying them more. I pushed my way through there and honestly the talk of the hunts got me hooked. It reminds me so much of Tactics (story wise) that I plan on playing tactics after this.

It also makes me think XIII is watered down garbage pre chpt 11
    I don't get the tactics feel. No real religious thread through it which was huge in FFT and Vagrant Story.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Prior to XI, I'd play through each FF like a half dozen times. Since XI, I have not finished a single FF. :/

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think the tactics feel I am referring to is more of a global story with conflicting nations. Compared to other RPGS. e.g love interests, back stories, conflicts, bad guy, end. This definitely has a better feel that their are more then a handful of lives at stake, like tactics.

Also the art direction seems on par to what I would expect out of Tactics.

The difficulty of the harder hunts also reminds me of some of my unguided ways through tactics.

FFT is actually the only FF I have beaten. I've tried so hard to beat a few others, FFIII, VII, X, and XIII but when I find myself just playing them "just to beat them" I lose interest within 15 hrs of gameplay and try something else. I can't really get into story lines with loose foundations built much on love interests of poorly acted characters and cookie cutter dialog. I hate sounding like a conventional FF hater, but its just the way my mentality works. I'd rather read a good book or watch a good movie then suffer through subpar gameplay with forced combat and artificial difficulty.

Tactics was the first to suck me into a story of nations at war and a real sense that this story was more then just the toons I was controlling. Hell, the dialog alone in XII gets my respect over XIII so far (Saraaaaaaaaah SARAHHHH SAAAARRRAAAAAAH)

This game seems so intelligently designed. It has the workings of conventional RPG, a very innovated battle system (love it or hate it) and difficulty unparalleled (Including hunts and excluding reverse lol)

I've talked to Sono about this but I think what really makes me appreciate this game is probably the fact that my first experience, and longest has been with XI. From an end game leaders perspective it really feels like what I looked for in leading, but on a very small scale that runs at the pace of my choosing.

The diffculty of every fight really has been thrilling. So far I've done every fight without guidance. I've used books and faqs to skip to the "how to get to the hunts" to save time, but I've created my own tactics for everything so far. (I'm about 2 hrs from beating it and just beat Gilgamesh on the hunts now)

Honestly my only disappointment is the fact that this game is going to end. By the time I get to the point where I've gotten all the gear I want, there won't be anything to kill. I want to try the international edition eventually, and hopefully the redub for the PS3 comes to light (They said they want to do it) past that, I close to convincing myself this has been my favorite console experience and I would gladly clock in another 200hr on the 103 I have so far on additional BS fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think the tactics feel I am referring to is more of a global story with conflicting nations. Compared to other RPGS. e.g love interests, back stories, conflicts, bad guy, end. This definitely has a better feel that their are more then a handful of lives at stake, like tactics.

Also the art direction seems on par to what I would expect out of Tactics.

The difficulty of the harder hunts also reminds me of some of my unguided ways through tactics.

FFT is actually the only FF I have beaten. I've tried so hard to beat a few others, FFIII, VII, X, and XIII but when I find myself just playing them "just to beat them" I lose interest within 15 hrs of gameplay and try something else. I can't really get into story lines with loose foundations built much on love interests of poorly acted characters and cookie cutter dialog. I hate sounding like a conventional FF hater, but its just the way my mentality works. I'd rather read a good book or watch a good movie then suffer through subpar gameplay with forced combat and artificial difficulty.

Tactics was the first to suck me into a story of nations at war and a real sense that this story was more then just the toons I was controlling. Hell, the dialog alone in XII gets my respect over XIII so far (Saraaaaaaaaah SARAHHHH SAAAARRRAAAAAAH)

This game seems so intelligently designed. It has the workings of conventional RPG, a very innovated battle system (love it or hate it) and difficulty unparalleled (Including hunts and excluding reverse lol)

I've talked to Sono about this but I think what really makes me appreciate this game is probably the fact that my first experience, and longest has been with XI. From an end game leaders perspective it really feels like what I looked for in leading, but on a very small scale that runs at the pace of my choosing.

The diffculty of every fight really has been thrilling. So far I've done every fight without guidance. I've used books and faqs to skip to the "how to get to the hunts" to save time, but I've created my own tactics for everything so far. (I'm about 2 hrs from beating it and just beat Gilgamesh on the hunts now)

Honestly my only disappointment is the fact that this game is going to end. By the time I get to the point where I've gotten all the gear I want, there won't be anything to kill. I want to try the international edition eventually, and hopefully the redub for the PS3 comes to light (They said they want to do it) past that, I close to convincing myself this has been my favorite console experience and I would gladly clock in another 200hr on the 103 I have so far on additional BS fights.
    Tactics was pretty much my favorite game of all time besides Xenosaga, so comparing things to it is hard for me.

XII is good, but I dunno, it's better than X, X-2, VII, as far as the playstation+ era FF's go but I prefer IX to it and VIII is my favorite non tactics FF.

It's a good game though, and I've been considering playing it again recently, but I dunno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast