+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do you have aim leb? Kinda want to avoid talking on here because of the whole NDA thing.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Nah, no IM program since I don't use them. Lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This game is much better than expected so far. Only thing that sucks (guess its good in a way since these chars will be wiped) is that I am in the pre-order beta phase and they only allow us to hit lvl 9

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah there is a pre-order CB and normal CB. Apparently you're not supposed to tell us the changes(if any) yet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For as much as they talked about the character creation and how "limitless" they said the options were .. I was disappointed. Seems like your charater is required to have a mustache. If you chose a mentor .. your costume must have their colors (in my case I chose a superman mentor with flight movement and thus could only make my costume variations of blue, red and yellow). IMO they need to get rid of the facial hair and open up the color palette to all colors

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My character has neither a mustache nor my mentors colors...You can pick whatever you want by going into custom or whatever instead of the premade version they have.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The hairstyle I wanted (the cloud-esk one) came with a french mustache. Is there a way to take that off?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There is one without the mustache. It's near the end of the options for hair.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Just hit max level, it's a surprisingly short leveling period.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yay got a beta invite! What server are you all on?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PVE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So ya, I havent even gotten off Brainiac's ship yet (had to log out cause need to sleep for work), but game is awesome so far. I hope it keeps up this momentum. It's confusing because of the controls, but I can see it being a total blast

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beta Players,

We’ve played together in DCUO’s closed Beta for months. We’ve posted back and forth, voted Up or Down, and shared this new universe together. Now, it’s time to take a step closer towards launch.

Thank you all for your play and feedback. We appreciate that despite the challenges presented by a game in Beta, your feedback in these forums has continued to help us understand the game from a player’s point of view. Your thoughts, critiques, opinions, and suggestions have given us a wealth of perspective to draw from. DCUO is a far better game today because of your efforts.

Today, December 6, 2010, the NDA will be dropped across the game.. Our conversations, and our game, will be shared with the world. So keep playing, keep posting, and keep talking about DCUO.

You’ve helped us make a good game great. Let’s keep that going as we finish out Beta. Thank you.

KO
    Will dump pics I have later tonight.

Actually here's a picture for now
    http://i52.tinypic.com/9unimo.jpg

and this too
    http://i51.tinypic.com/sq43e9.jpg

ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT
    http://i51.tinypic.com/63zhw3.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I really like the game, will post pics when i get home, but I don't think I will buy it. It's a MMO, not an MMORPG, and while there are raids and grp instances, it strongly feels like a solo game where other ppl are around doing their own thing. That, and the chat log is worse then XIV's w/makes typing anything in game a tedious endevour since you can't type and do anything at the same time. Also, lack of real targeting system makes me wonder how you heal ppl.

super super speed is retardly fast and awesome and hard to control at the same time lol

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

so how do the power sets in this game work? talent trees? shit unlocked as you level up? basic powers that only get stronger?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Talent trees, you also have different stances but I have no idea how you use them. The abilities are auto put on your action bar, so you can't cutomizwd where you want them

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hit T to change your stance. Healer/Damage/Tank/Controller are the only ones at the moment.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well I guess it is coming to PS+

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/08/dc...n-plus-subscr/

While PlayStation Plus didn't make a particularly strong debut, it's hard to argue with the value of its newly announced offerings. In addition to earning free access to Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, PlayStation Plus members can expect an even more lucrative bonus: an invite into the beta of the long-awaited DC Universe Online. While specific timing hasn't been mentioned, the offer will extend to "all" Plus subscribers, instead of the "select" members chosen in previous betas.

The update for December 21st will also include a free trial of Borderlands and discounts on Neo Geo software. Sony is certainly making the $50 asking price of Plus seem much more palpable.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cool. Makes me wonder if the beta accounts are cross-platform if I choose to try it on my PC afterwards.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

You can change the abilities on your action bar by going to the skills page and selecting loadouts once you hit lvl 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast