1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Map of Eorzea     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Same size, but afaik the XI vanilla wasn't that impressive either. No icelands were available for example, iirc.
    Yeah, XI's Vanadiel wasn't big until RotZ

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, they did say that it will be smaller than Vana'diel. Just don't remember if referring to Eorzea or the whole world

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eonis View Post
    I'm also on the fence regarding LL. A lot of people won't be starting there because of beta
    I don't think that is true, I think our perception is skewed because we are so familiar with the beta. I think a large population won't be aware that it was what was tested in the beta, and will choose LL without that being a factor. There also will be a subset of beta testers who choose LL because they know where everything is already.

As to whether beta 3 will have the other 3 cities, who knows. You would think in the interest of keeping things secretive they won't be opening those up.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I'd think beta 3 will be testing the new features/battle system, more so then where you can go wondering. As we've seen they can add various levels of mobs from easy to "wtf why is that insane 800 hitting mobs here" in the area provided, Testing out solo/5-6 man group/15man+ groups maybe in the upcoming build also.

We'll have plenty of time to go sight seeing soon.. for now its free gameplay... to hopefully submit feedback, that hopefully they see, that they hopefully fix

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I could still see a number of beta people opting for Limsa for familiarity sake. Personally I didn't think LL was that bad at all. That being said, I'll probably end up starting elsewhere just for the sake of exploration.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm going where ever the botany guild is >.>

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Actually, they did say that it will be smaller than Vana'diel. Just don't remember if referring to Eorzea or the whole world
    I'm pretty sure they said Eorzea. Eorzea seems about the same as the main 2 continent in Vana'diel. After playing in the beta areas the they are about the size of windy+sarutaburuta regions + tahrongi. That's including the dungeons.

La Noscea has a shit ton of underground areas to make up for the above world being smaller then the total of those regions being almost completely above world.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, naturally the game will be small at the release. I'm sure with the first expansion they'll open up Garlean Empire, and after that another continent.

What I'm far more interested in than new continents and areas, though, is if they'll stick to FFXI's way of doing "We won't increase the level cap ever", or WoW's of increasing the level cap with each expansion. Additionally, will they do the Western way of releasing buyable expansion packs, or like a lot of Asian MMO's do where they release a patch which you download (thus not having to purchase one)?

I'm leaning towards buying, as that earns them more money.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    I don't think that is true, I think our perception is skewed because we are so familiar with the beta. I think a large population won't be aware that it was what was tested in the beta, and will choose LL without that being a factor. There also will be a subset of beta testers who choose LL because they know where everything is already.

As to whether beta 3 will have the other 3 cities, who knows. You would think in the interest of keeping things secretive they won't be opening those up.

This is true. I was partially basing that on the city polls that have been conducting across various FFXIV-related websites, which indicate an overwhelming amount of people plan on starting in Gridania, with some opting for Ul'dah, and only a minority going for LL. The sample population in those polls is obviously limited to people who already know about, and have been following the game, though.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    What I'm far more interested in that new continents and areas, though, is if they'll stick to FFXI's way of doing "We won't increase the level cap ever", or WoW's of increasing the level cap with each expansion.
    Probably "Lol we won't raise the cap evar" then suddenly "5 LEVELS PER PATCH FOR A YEAR SUCK IT BITCHES" then stop at where they feel would be comfortable (70~80), and who knows what's after that. Merit2.0 probably.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Probably "Lol we won't raise the cap evar" then suddenly "5 LEVELS PER PATCH FOR A YEAR SUCK IT BITCHES" then stop at where they feel would be comfortable (70~80), and who knows what's after that. Merit2.0 probably.
    Yeah though I wouldn't call 6 years suddenly

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by meonline View Post
    It could be.

I really can't see the reason for them to have the same crabs (Snippers) on the beaches near south Bloodshore and the node at Moraby Bay if they are just there as placeholders. South Bloodshore was linked to Bloodshore, and Moraby Bay was linked to Bearded Rock.

Who knows.

The beta has been down for 12 hours and we are already mindlessly speculating
    Imagine what's going through the heads of people who didn't/don't have access to the alpha or beta lol (like myself).

The map really does seem like it is set up to be released in stages. Is Sharlavan another city? It has the same appearance on the map as Ala Mhigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I'm going where ever the botany guild is >.>
    Gridania would be the obvious assumption for the botany guild, but it is further re-enforced by the descriptions for Botany and Gridania on the official website:

Botanists also attempt to educate others about the importance of achieving a symbiotic relationship with Eorzea's plants, rather than carelessly stripping them of their useful parts. This is perhaps best exemplified by the revolutionary irrigation methods devised by Gridania, which first made low-impact, high-yield crop propagation possible. The primary tool of the botanist is the hatchet.
    The Gridanian emphasis on natural harmony has led to its preeminence among Eorzea’s city-states in trades such as forestry, agriculture, carpentry, and leatherworking.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if SE threw a curveball.

Quote Originally Posted by Daegrim View Post
    Is Sharlavan another city? It has the same appearance on the map as Ala Mhigo.
    The bits of history we've seen so far talk about six cities before the start of the war with the empire. We've got 3 player cities, Jeuno 2.0 and Ala Mhigo which we know is ruined.

So Sharlavan is Tavnazia 2.0?

la noscea is freakin' huge. i couldn't cover it all in one sitting of gaming for a few hours. seeing the map like this in comparison to la noscea is nice. i'll admit, i'm a little intimidated and excited to roam around exploring these areas. can't wait.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Yeah though I wouldn't call 6 years suddenly
    Vanilla FFXI had lvl cap 50, being raised to 75 in the first year after RotZ release. I barely remember pol news about cap raise and dynamis being introduced. THEN, nothing happened to the level cap for 6 years.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Gridania will be pure hell at release, I can almost guarantee it. Most polls do show roughly 50% of people planning to start there, and while obviously that has a higher percentage of players from the beta than the general population will have... it's not by THAT much.

It's bound to be a laggy and congested clusterfuck with not nearly enough mobs to go around, which is too bad because that's really where I'd like to start as well. It won't just be beta testers offput by months in LL, for sure... it will be every shire and Legolas wannabe. The only consolation will be for those who got the CE-- that gives you an eight day head start to get the fuck out before shit slams the fan.

But without a doubt, if you were in the beta, LL would be the most advantageous place to roll. You'll be in a relatively low-population area and have a big familiarity advantage. That is, if you're one of those who wants to race to max level. I figure Ul'dah will probably be the least popular nation once things get rolling. Before alpha/beta, it was consistently the least popular.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

I can't pick between ul'dah and LL ; ;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm put off by Ul'dah because I can't imagine a desert being very interesting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kachi View Post
    It's bound to be a laggy and congested clusterfuck with not nearly enough mobs to go around,
    That will describe more than just Gridania.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast