Thread: Abyssea NM Weaknesses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    It's SUPER FUCKING AWESOME when dispel is a trigger on a mob that spams defense boost and shit.
    finale, acid bolts, etc. I know you don't always have those options but at least there's usually a plan B.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Orobon NM, thundersday

Thunder 4 proc, then Water Thren proc (it is thunder based) on the next one

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We got a red !! Last night buy no atma. It was only proc'd once also. Has anyone else experianced this?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Sorry if this has been answered or is common knowledge, but I haven't seen it directly in the few pages of this thread I've read.

If you proc a blue and red !! (or any combination, really) do you get the increased chance to drop an atma and rare drops?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered or is common knowledge, but I haven't seen it directly in the few pages of this thread I've read.

If you proc a blue and red !! (or any combination, really) do you get the increased chance to drop an atma and rare drops?
    (a few posts above)

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    So we just managed to proc red and blue !! on Briareus. I personally had no idea if this was possible, but I can definitely confirm that it is. Got both good drops and atma.
    So I guess you get + drop rate and Atma. I had always assumed this was the case, but it's nice to see one data point of it happening! Now! Find something that can survive one iteration of every WS in the game while you go for both Blue and Red.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

whiro: Blue!! Dragon Kick, iceday(i think)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Whoops, can't believe I missed that. I suppose because no one was quoting/talking about it, but no excuses. Sorry~

tried to trigger Ironclad Pulverizer's Red "!!" yesterday but no dice -_- we had nin, cor, drk, sam, war, thf use every single elemental ws possible. Shit can be retarded sometimes. Is there any post with all the "confirmed" wses that can trigger the red "!!"?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    tried to trigger Ironclad Pulverizer's Red "!!" yesterday but no dice -_- we had nin, cor, drk, sam, war, thf use every single elemental ws possible. Shit can be retarded sometimes. Is there any post with all the "confirmed" wses that can trigger the red "!!"?
    Your people were probably WSing during its WSs, which makes it not able to proc. You need to go for !! when it's not WSing or casting (and a few seconds after).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Phraust View Post
    From reading this thread only the following WS will cause red:

Tachi: Kagero, Jinpu, Koki
    Blade: Tekki, To, Chi
    Red Lotus/Seraph Blade
    Clyclone/Energy Drain
    Freezebite
    Seraph Strike
    Sunburst/Earth Crusher(?)
    Raiden Thrust
    Shadow of Death
    Blade: Ei works too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure I've gotten red !! with Tachi: Goten as well.

Edit: Has there been a confirmed case of Blade: To, Teki, or Chi causing red? Those WS are weird in that they say they are elemental in their description but they do not produce amber lights like the rest. I was under the impression that they didn't work, much like Flaming Arrow and Hot Shot don't seem to work(produce ruby light as well).

As poster above said though, Blade: Ei works oddly/sadly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo View Post
    Your people were probably WSing during its WSs, which makes it not able to proc. You need to go for !! when it's not WSing or casting (and a few seconds after).
    To add on, melee swings from ironclad most likely count as weaponskills for the purpose of this. I haven't specifically tried on an ironclad, but fanatics makes 'weird' melee swings load as 'Mob uses Ability. No effect on Playername'.. the fish in vunkerl is a good example of this. This would make proccing red !! significantly harder on them, and people have noted that problem.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Related and random, but in my experience Ironclad _____ swings don't drop Mazurka. Jog on, kiting mages, jog on!

Related: Most magic WSs can be used at a much longer range than typical WSs in my experience. Mages kite, melee TP on surrounding mobs and magic WS the kited mob?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Related: Most magic WSs can be used at a much longer range than typical WSs in my experience. Mages kite, melee TP on surrounding mobs and magic WS the kited mob?
    Really, any melee with a brain and a slight grasp of the game mechanics can WS pretty much any moving mob with any WS, elemental or not. Just yeah, make sure it's not attacking while you're WSing or toss it a stun and have your people go at it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, and sort of to lazy to go through the thread. If you let a mob deaggro, it will change it's weakness, it will also remove your trigger.

1st fight:
    Was soloing Whiro, every 2-3 minutes he would deaggro. Initially on pull, I chainspelled and went through the magic spell rotation for a RDM to see if I could get the trigger. None of my spells proc'd a weakness.

A few minutes later he deaggro'd I reclaimed a split second after he went yellow, the next thunder 3 I did proc'd the magic weakness. I ended up losing claim again. All of a sudden Blizzard 3 proc'd a magic weakness.

Ended up losing claim again, got 2 SAM seals on kill. (0,1,2 seals being NQ results)

2nd fight:
    Duo this time. I had a mule standing by, I cycled through my spells, no procs. I let it deaggro. Cycled through my spells again, proc'd Fire III, had the mule get minimal hate on the NM, so I could keep claim indefinitely.
    3 BLU and a WHM seal dropped. (2,3,4 seals being HQ results)

Basically, anything you can deaggro or outdistance (use conflux for deaggro) you should have an infinite amount of chances to proc your magic spells, even as a solo RDM. But it's important to not let it deaggro again, or you lose your weakness trigger rewards.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Did 4 Berstuk's on Thundersday, we found weakness on two of them...both were thunder3. Go figure?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

boss of vunk Senga the ruzsor procced red !! from cyclone. Ended up getting Atma of the tusked terror. Wiki lies

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tekni View Post
    boss of vunk Senga the ruzsor procced red !! from cyclone. Ended up getting Atma of the tusked terror. Wiki lies
    ?

Wiki's Atma page says he drops Tusked Terror, What did they lie about o-o;;?

Or did you just change it XD?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Granite Borer
    Flash on Darksday
    Aspir on Darksday AND Dancing Edge procced blue, same one (didnt drop earring tho)
    Another Flash on Darksday
    Light Threnody on Darksday

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Grellow from Stone 3 on Funereal Apkallu popped on Earthday.