BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea NM Weaknesses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Usurper - Tachi: Gekko - Iceday - Blue !!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

http://i53.tinypic.com/zv6j34.png
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2eaqot1.png

yay... so glad staggering vnms does something, staggered about 4 of them with jinpu / koki and no key item upgrade :/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    yay... so glad staggering vnms does something, staggered about 4 of them with jinpu / koki and no key item upgrade :/
    Yeah.... idk what it does, but it sure doesn't force an Abyssite upgrade. I've staggered them with Cyclone too.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think that triggering the mob's weakness has any affect on upgrading VNM abyssite. Abyssite upgrade just seems random. And of course when you're trying to get an item drop from Tier 2 VNM and you manage NOT to trigger any "!!" before it dies, you get no items and an abyssite upgrade.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

True Strike- Chukwa Lightsday Full Moon "!!"

Edit: Blizz3 just triggered it to stagger magic? didn't see any "!!"s

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wherwetrice

Blizzard 3 !! - Lightningsday
    Bio 2 !! - Lightsday
    Bio 2 !! - Darksday

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Out of curiosity, in my group we have been bringing as many different weapon types with elemental weaponskills as we could, but is this not needed? can you just Spam smething like Tachi: Jinpu and eventually get the !!?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tribe View Post
    Out of curiosity, in my group we have been bringing as many different weapon types with elemental weaponskills as we could, but is this not needed? can you just Spam smething like Tachi: Jinpu and eventually get the !!?
    My understand is no, mob pops with a certain WS that will proc red !!

may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Red !! = Freezebite, Cyclone, Energy Drain, Earth Crusher, Sunburst, Seraph Blade, Red Lotus Blade, Seraph Strike, Raiden Thrust, Shadow of Death, Blade: Ei, Tachi: Jinpu, or Tachi: Koki - Use to force a key item drop. Atma, Abyssite, or Tier 2 NM pop item.
    Ok, so I'm 100% sure this list is missing a weaponskill, and in general most of what I've seen suggests it's missing exactly 1 weapon skill...do we have any idea what the last one could be (rumors you've heard of another proc, unverified, etc)?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 1H axe WS, altho when procing red !! we've used all those WS at the proper time, and managed to get the !! to show, never once had an issue with it not showing up with any of the 13 WS

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Forgive me if it's already been adressed and I'm just slow, but I only see Blade: Ei listed, while Katana also has Blade: Teki, Blade: To, and Blade: Chi. Unless I'm missing something those are all elemental weaponskills with no HQ alternatives (well, Blade: Yu is water based I think) but aren't listed in that list of skills to try. Any reason for that?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

This is NOT a final list, but it is the one I present to my LS for testing. It's very likely a bunch of them aren't triggers, but until we're damned sure, it's what we use.

(It's arranged to the "day of week" theory obviously)

flaming arrow and hot shot don't even give amber light, think it's safe to say they aren't

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ironclad Pulverizer is annoying.. took 3 tries of raiden thrust to hit. Popped on earthsday, so I wouldn't align red !! with the same theory as grellow !!. Also hit koki and red lotus on earthsday on other NM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We tried every single one of the 13 weaponskills on Pulverizer yesterday, at least 3 times each, in head mode, and we just couldn't get it to proc. There has to be missing one, as I saw all of them go through clean at least once.. deaggroed it and Shadow of Death worked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 1H axe WS, altho when procing red !! we've used all those WS at the proper time, and managed to get the !! to show, never once had an issue with it not showing up with any of the 13 WS
    Primal rend gives amber iirc, but it's quested, so it shouldn't work. Infernal scythe gives amber, but it's not listed on those lists.

dispel deep into darks day triggered weak point~ rapter nm in mis

fire4 on bugard nm, darksday

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More support to the "Day before/current/after" Theory.

Abyssea - Vunkerl >

Djinn: Thunder III on Lightning's Day.
    Funguar: Flash on Lightsday, and Drain on Firesday
    Puk: Flash on Darksday

There were a few more, But they all lined up exactly with the current Theory of Element matching Day Before/Current/After.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Smok - Refulgent Arrow - Blue !! Earth day

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6716/smokxd.jpg

Iku Turso - Asuran Fists - Blue !!

http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...0892000632.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is what I originally got:
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Well, it may be worth looking at what WSs proc Red !!s first because blue may follow a similar organizational scheme and red is bound to be simpler. Also, because magic WSs are worthless and unlikely to be used otherwise, there should be no ambiguity about it. Reports should be accurate.

From scanning the thread:
    Dagger - Energy Drain and Cyclone, [Energy Steal has been reported once by Stoomie, but may be a mistake]
    GKT - Koki, Jinpu, [Goten and Kagero (both a la Clave)]
    Katana - Blade: Ei
    Sword - Red Lotus Blade, Seraph blade
    Club - Seraph strike
    GS - Freezebite
    Scythe - Shadow of Death
    Polearm - Raiden Thrust
    Staff - Sunburst, Earth Crusher
    The pattern we're seeing is basically "every other magic WS" or "the highest level magic WS of a given line" or "Ex magic WSs." My guess would be that Moonlight (club WS) can trigger it, but Moonlight is weird because I'm not even sure it claims the mob.

Don't take your inability to trigger things on Ironclad as proof that it doesn't work though. It seems anything with a long attacking animation (Gigas stone throwing, Ironclad's swings, Ovni's tentacle raep, etc) cannot be triggered during the animation. It could be that things cannot be triggered during any attacking animations and they're normally so short that server lag makes it hard for us to identify that. The fact that red is Terror should make it easy to tell. Has anyone seen a monster freeze half way through a swing? When I remember the ones I've terrored, they were all standing kind of in an idle position.