Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea NM Weaknesses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

When my LS got Strong Arm, we froze Bri mid-swing and he was doing some kinda funky lean that we all laughed about. If the giants function more like Ixion in terms of how their "attacks" are not really attacks, it's possible they may have a quirkier window.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    My guess would be that Moonlight (club WS) can trigger it, but Moonlight is weird because I'm not even sure it claims the mob.
    It doesn't, it's a self-target WS. All you have to do is engage a mob and you can use it at any range.

Don't take your inability to trigger things on Ironclad as proof that it doesn't work though.
    As I said, we re-did the weaponskills during the head form, which functions is just like any other mob. None of the 13 triggered it until we reset it by deaggroing.

Also, I believe that mobs get 'frozen' back to idle position after a red !! proc. Very certain that normal attack rounds doesn't matter outside things like giants.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    dispel deep into darks day triggered weak point~ rapter nm in mis

fire4 on bugard nm, darksday
    Did you actually dispel something, or did it "have no effect" and still trigger?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Blade: To or Chi would be my next guess then (a la Jinpu -> Koki).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Did you actually dispel something, or did it "have no effect" and still trigger?
    We've tested this in Heqet, no effect still triggers weakness. I'm curious if resisted spells trigger weakness though (either full resist elemental or resisted threnodies).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Kukuk claimed to have triggered weakness using Requiem 1, so it's safe to say that resisted spells still work! (lolRequiem)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Kukuk claimed to have triggered weakness using Requiem 1, so it's safe to say that resisted spells still work! (lolRequiem)
    Ah, good. I've been throwing Sleeps and such out on NMs even that are immune, but I'd never seen it trigger and I was wondering if they just couldn't.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember trying therenodies and getting resisted but as soon as a certain one landed it triggered green !!. Does this apply to certain spells only?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't actually know that he was resisted. I just assumed it because Requiems are horrible. You have to time your Threnodies so it doesn't hit the monster while it is TPing or casting or having a dramatic attacking animation. Also, it's likely restricted to the elements of the adjacent days (remember your threnody elements are backwards). At any given time, only three threnodies should have the potential to work. I have personally not seen a Grellow !! from a fully resisted spell, but I have also personally not seen a Grellow !! from a debuff yet.

This is what I originally got:

The pattern we're seeing is basically "every other magic WS" or "the highest level magic WS of a given line" or "Ex magic WSs." My guess would be that Moonlight (club WS) can trigger it, but Moonlight is weird because I'm not even sure it claims the mob.

Don't take your inability to trigger things on Ironclad as proof that it doesn't work though. It seems anything with a long attacking animation (Gigas stone throwing, Ironclad's swings, Ovni's tentacle raep, etc) cannot be triggered during the animation. It could be that things cannot be triggered during any attacking animations and they're normally so short that server lag makes it hard for us to identify that. The fact that red is Terror should make it easy to tell. Has anyone seen a monster freeze half way through a swing? When I remember the ones I've terrored, they were all standing kind of in an idle position.
    FWIW, it's not just an Iron Giant we've had issues with. I've seen it once on Dorian since these 13 were found. Last night it happened to us on Briareus (I did all my WSes some 6-8 times, I'm pretty sure at least 4 of every WS nothing was going on, and the other WSes were similar), and it's happened on other NMs as well (once on Pulverizer...but I disagree with your theory, and when we did proc it on him, it wasn't hard or anything...). I really think there's a 14th weaponskill that can proc red !!, just not sure what.

Also, why are people saying quested WSes can't work? We know Steel Cyclone, Kasha, and Asuran all work. . .

Also, I can 100% confirm that spells that heal proc grellow !!, and that dispel for no effect procs !!....I've not personally seen a full resist proc, but people I've talked to have claimed they have, so /shrug.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I can verify Asuran can proc Blue !!s, though I've never seen a Nyzul skill or a 290/300 skill proc one.

While on the subject, what would be the best way to go about trying to get Razed Ruin with a reasonable number of people?

Out of curiosity....what about Magic Mortar? Do all Pup WSes give Pearl light like BPs? If not, what light does Magic Mortar give?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Also, why are people saying quested WSes can't work? We know Steel Cyclone, Kasha, and Asuran all work. . .
    Because people are dumb and assume that because Nyzul WS don't work and are quested that no quested WS will work.

Get a fanatics drink or tonic. Pop an iron giant, use it, let it swing at you. The attack rounds will have a name.

Gigas ranged is named catapult if it lands.

These are abilities going by the games code, we refer to them as attack because the mobs spam them.

Yovra tentacle is not one of those.

Example:

Code:
    [17:39:02]Thornyy uses a pinch of fanatic's powder.

[17:39:15]Thornyy starts casting Thunder IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:19]Thornspet starts casting Thunder IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:22]Thornyy's elemental magic skill rises 0.2 points.

[17:39:22]Thornyy's elemental magic skill reaches level 322.

[17:39:26]Hrosshvalur uses Counterspore.

[17:39:26]No effect on Thornyy.

[17:39:26]Thornyy casts Thunder IV.

[17:39:26]Hrosshvalur takes 1564 points of damage.

[17:39:26]Thornyy starts casting Blizzard IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:30]Thornspet starts casting Blizzard IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:32]Hrosshvalur uses Counterspore.

[17:39:32]No effect on Thornyy.

[17:39:36]Thornyy casts Blizzard IV.

[17:39:36]Hrosshvalur takes 2056 points of damage.

[17:39:36]Hrosshvalur starts casting Waterja.

[17:39:37]Thornyy starts casting Burst II on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:38]Thornyy's Blink effect wears off.

[17:39:38]Thornyy's Stoneskin effect wears off.

[17:39:41]Thornyy takes 631 points of damage.

[17:39:43]Hrosshvalur uses Counterspore.

[17:39:43]No effect on Thornyy.

[17:39:44]Thornspet uses a bottle of ascetic's tonic.

[17:39:47]Thornspet starts casting Burst II on Hrosshvalur.

[17:39:50]Thornyy casts Burst II.

[17:39:50]Hrosshvalur takes 1870 points of damage.

[17:39:56]Thornyy starts casting Thunder IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:40:00]Thornspet starts casting Thunder IV on Hrosshvalur.

[17:40:04]Hrosshvalur uses Counterspore.

[17:40:04]No effect on Thornyy.
    Counterspore is the water shot attack he uses.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Last page someone just posted the newer RNG ws procing blue, so I think it's likely that the missing reds are from the newer WS.
    Should add Aeolian Edge, Sanguine Blade, Infernal Scythe, Flash Nova, Blade: Yu, and Herculean Slash for testings sake.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Requiem.....ONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    im not 100% sure but if i rem right, rapter has nothing to dispel

edit: after reading about those 13 ws's not working all the time, a few months ago im pretty sure my ls triggered sheep NM HP Atma with a RNG WS. i cant rem which it was though

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Get a fanatics drink or tonic. Pop an iron giant, use it, let it swing at you. The attack rounds will have a name.

Gigas ranged is named catapult if it lands.

These are abilities going by the games code, we refer to them as attack because the mobs spam them.

Yovra tentacle is not one of those.

Counterspore is the water shot attack he uses.
    Wow this is incredibly interesting

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Got Red !! on Abyssic Cluster off a Red Lotus Blade for 0 damage (Popped on Darksday) Matches the day theory, though probably just coincidence, but more interestingly to me shows that WS for 0 can still trigger !! (matches the spells having no effect doing the same)

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Abyssic Cluster absorbs fire damage, so it doesn't make sense that RLB did 0 damage unless it was at 100% HP when you used it. (In which case it still did 'damage', just didn't show in log.)