+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Abyssea NM Weaknesses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xera View Post
    Maybe the opening/closing motion when it changes "forms" counts as a !! cock block?
    Actually yeah, it might've been the one that caused it to close, but it didn't go off during the actual process of it opening or closing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    This is interesting, unless its coincidental, there are no repeating elements here, of spells that are confirmed. I guess SE has limitation on their dickery and didnt say "ok every applicable blu spell works", due to set point limitation.
    Magic Hammer was reported too, I believe. Worth noting that there are a few repeated reports of some of the spells, but not a single one of a different spell of the same element giving a !!, so it's looking quite possible it's one per element (leaving Mind Blast, Blitzstrahl or possibly Temporal Shift for thunder).

Masamune

Fistule testimonial

Got 2 triggers tonight on same NM.

1st most probably Grellow from a Freeze, during late Windday (when we claimed it).
    2nd most probably Red from Seraph Blade, during early Iceday.

I took screenshots this time (but had filters):
    1st trigger
    2nd trigger

Dropped Atma Vicissitude (woot), Rokugo hachimaki, Scatchacha, clot plasma and 2 Fistule mats. (maybe the dex head tied to Blue trigger ?)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Screenshots with THAT many filters on are kinda useless...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Blue !! - Spiral Hell - Manannanananananan - Lightsday - No belt QQ

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Blue !! - Spiral Hell - Manannanananananan - Lightsday - No belt QQ
    Wow so a Scythe WS can proc blue...

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eccentric Eve Red !! - Earth Crusher. Popped on Earth's Day. No Atma. BITTER!

Trigger character had atma already, but stayed in party the whole time. ~_~

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd like to petition a new abyssea weakness thread, its been settled for a while that grellow!! is determined on pop, or changed when it goes passive, on spells whos element match the day before/of/after of certain types
    works: single target tier3/4/5, aga3, AM, various debuffs, any offensive song, ninjutsu:Ni, blu spells (working list pending)
    -I've deduced it to be the top tier spell available to any given job. I dont think most people have tried, but drk's top fire/thunder/blizzard are tier 2.
    doesnt: single target tier 1/2, aga tier 1/2, I've yet to see anything concrete towards meritable spells as anything posted seems sketch ("I had to cast Slow 2 4x before it procced" yeeah..no)
    Blu spell list is in progress to determine if it can be anything available, or is picked from a pre-determined list, which seems likely because it is not physically possible to equip every offensive magic spell.

Red!! is still in progress, but some people have stated having better luck narrowing them down to WS's whos element match the grellow pattern, but its pretty irrelevant because theres 13 WS's to pick from, of which a WAR and NIN can tag them all.

Blue!! is a huge mystery still...

HOPEFULLY from here on out, we can avoid all "GRELLOW!!" posts, unless they're something new (confirmation of merit spell, or blu spell), and any red/blue!! can contain the following information:
    Mob (though kinda irrelevant), WS used, Day of the week and if known: day spawned if free spawn mob
    The last is very important since weakness is determined on pop, if Heqet spawns on Firesday, but sits idle till thunders day, its weakness will be dark/fire/earth, not ice/thunder/light.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Blue !! - Ground Strike - Mananananan - Windsday - Belt drop ^^

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

any red/blue!! can contain the following information:
    Mob (though kinda irrelevant), WS used, Day of the week and if known: day spawned if free spawn mob
    I would add factors such as season and moonphase. If there is a pattern, it seems unlikely to rest with days. Red patterns are not irrelevant since they would allow you to waste less time trying to trigger the !!. Furthermore, red is arguably the most important !! of the three considering the drop rate is abysmal without it.

Masamune

[...]The last is very important since weakness is determined on pop, if Heqet spawns on Firesday, but sits idle till thunders day, its weakness will be dark/fire/earth, not ice/thunder/light.
    Ok that's why i posted this testimonial on my previous post.
    Actually, even if i had a lot of filters on, it was easy to guess 1st trigger on windday was NM Silenced, ie Grellow one. Then from all the answers other members gave, only one is a spell: Freeze.
    Same for the 2nd trigger's message indicates a Red "!!" (NM Terrorized), then from other answers, only one is a EleWS : Seraph Blade.

What i mainly don't understand is the 2nd trigger. The current day changed during fight to Iceday which is when the 2nd trigger occured. What i don't understand is the relation between Seraph Blade properties (Light element, Scission) and Iceday...
    Unless the weakness theory isnot related to the current day, but the day when claimed (Windday), and even then only the SC property fits (Scission earth vs. Windday).

2nd thing i'm confused about is exactly what you pointed in the quote above: is Weakness related to the day element NM was CLAIMED (and stays the same throughout the fight), or is it determined ON POP ?
    In my testimonial, Fistule can't really be called an "overcamped" NM, and so could have been roaming since Earthday or Lightday who knows ?
    If that question is relevant, then any testimonial in that thread related to free popped NMs are unexploitable in figuring a pattern ? (only forced spawn NMs are relvant?)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Last night we proc'd red !! on Durinn. The person who proc'd it then dropped from alliance to get someone else in since he already had atma. We killed Durinn and no atma dropped. Was this because the person who proc !! has to be in the alliance at kill or did we just get unlucky with the actual atma drop?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

On monday I tested the atma obtain range ; I had an alt at conflux 1 while we were at Khalamari. They got the atma from that distance.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    2nd thing i'm confused about is exactly what you pointed in the quote above: is Weakness related to the day element NM was CLAIMED (and stays the same throughout the fight), or is it determined ON POP ?
    Weakness is determined every time it goes passive: when it spawns, and then changes when it goes passive. This is why there were anomalies to my original model, but they were all from freespawn mobs.

There is no correlation between iceday and seraph blade, but its irrelevant, because Fistule could have been sitting unclaimed for god knows how long.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Arkabix View Post
    Is there a list of BLU spells that can trigger yet? Since we're generally able to trigger off BLM with NIN or BRD being less frequent, it would seem that the number of BLU spells that can trigger is relatively small compared to BLM, so it would seem only a few of the BLU spells can activate. From this thread the only ones I've picked out so far seem to be:

Death Ray
    Firespit
    Magnetite cloud
    Regurgitation
    Cold Wave

Heat Breath also may be a trigger. Of the ones listed the only one I've seen trigger is Death Ray. I'm going to guess that only 1 or 2 of each element can trigger, giving BLU at most 6 spells at any one time that will trigger which would seem to fit with how often we can't seem to get grello !!.
    Heat Wave is a trigger, my group proc'd yellow on eathsday using Heat Breath. We thought it was Stone IV, since it landed at the same time, but Heat Breath again a few minutes later triggered.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hezzel Bekk
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

this just in from the JPbutton.
    Spoiler: show

for blue ws
    6:00-14:00
    Shadowstitch
    Viper Bite
    Dancing Edge
    Shark Bite
    Evisceration
    Wheeling Thrust
    Sidewinder
    Empyreal Arrow
    Slug Shot
    Blast Shot
    Detonator

14:00-22:00
    Flat Blade
    Vorpal Blade
    Savage Blade
    Spinning Slash
    Ground Strike
    Rampage
    Mistral Axe
    Decimation
    Keen Edge
    Raging Rush
    Full Break
    Steel Cyclone
    Spiral Hell
    Blade: Ten
    Blade: KuTachi: Gekko
    Tachi: Yukikaze
    Tachi: Kasha

22:00-6:00
    Howling Fist
    Dragon Kick
    Asuran Fists
    Skullbreaker
    True Strike
    Judgment
    Hexa Strike
    Black Halo
    Heavy Swing
    Shell Crusher
    Full Swing
    Spirit Taker
    Retribution

06:00-14:00 = dagger, polearm, bow, marksmanship
    14:00-22:00 = axe, sword, scythe, katana, GKT
    22:00-06:00 = H2H, club, staff

courtesy of elien@cerb for taking time to write it in lschat.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Well, this changes everything doesnt it?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Time is time of claim, pop, or current game time? By the way, I'd like to hit whoever designed this system twice with a rake for their impudence. Also, for making GA never trigger. Christ. I'm going to be using 200-skill weapons forever.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I think its current game time, nobody from my ls is on atm, so i cant/wont test until i finish these last 2 hotpots....

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Time is time of claim, pop, or current game time? By the way, I'd like to hit whoever designed this system twice with a rake for their impudence. Also, for making GA never trigger. Christ. I'm going to be using 200-skill weapons forever.
    GA is on there under 14:00-22:00. It's just not listed in the summary down below for some reason.