BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71

Thread: Abyssea NM Weaknesses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

You can also spam any tier1 elemental spell or even dia2 and get discernment to proc. Mob casting or using tp definitely has no effect on discernment procs.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    another question...i don't know if this is what people above are referring to, but we'd have "blue" message change for us on shinryu. it went from saying "polearm" to saying "axe". at no point did the shinryu go passive or anything.
    I would assume that since no one has ever reported anything like this, and the weakness has never changed for anyone you ofcourse got a screen shot right? . . .

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Apologies for the necro but I wanted to ask for opinions/experiences.

Yesterday I decided to go upgrade a demilune abyssite towards getting a Tristitia (sp?) pop. I upgraded the first crystal 1/3 or 4 solo and then had some help with upgrading from 2 to 3. We proc'd red on it (more for fun/by luck than anything) and upgraded 1/1. We popped Trist. and then after our official run grabbed another base crystal to upgrade again (I need to +2 my WHM pants). This time a couple of friends helped me out and we proc'd red both times and went 1/1 on upgrades from tier 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3.

Did I totally miss the boat on this and this is a known thing; is it a new thing or did I just get super lucky? My previous experience of upgrading was that it was one hell of a lot more hassle (did on BLM for Brooders).

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post

Yesterday I decided to go upgrade a demilune abyssite towards getting a Tristitia (sp?) pop. I upgraded the first crystal 1/3 or 4 solo and then had some help with upgrading from 2 to 3. We proc'd red on it (more for fun/by luck than anything) and upgraded 1/1. We popped Trist. and then after our official run grabbed another base crystal to upgrade again (I need to +2 my WHM pants). This time a couple of friends helped me out and we proc'd red both times and went 1/1 on upgrades from tier 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3.

Did I totally miss the boat on this and this is a known thing; is it a new thing or did I just get super lucky? My previous experience of upgrading was that it was one hell of a lot more hassle (did on BLM for Brooders).
    You got lucky. I've tried this myself since the last patch and it def hasn't worked. =x According to the QA/Twitter stuffs, we should be seeing some change to help cards in all zone. But it was ambigious, so *shrug~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post

You got super lucky. In my experience no color proc has anything to do with it.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You got super lucky. In my experience no color proc has anything to do with it.
    Righto I'm not complaining...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    another question...i don't know if this is what people above are referring to, but we'd have "blue" message change for us on shinryu. it went from saying "polearm" to saying "axe". at no point did the shinryu go passive or anything.
    I'm going to go with someone got a red message that said "weak to lightning" and that person said that it was polearm for !! while someone else got the message as axe for blue !!.