+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTA 2: Thanks volvo     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

i don't know a ton about DotA or game engines, so apologies in advance if I'm misunderstanding/reporting bullshit rumors, but apparently source 2 might have just casually came out?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...ust_a_modding/

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Thats.....

http://blog.dota2.com/2014/09/the-re...g-soul-update/

Giant DOTA 2 update coming! Reworked Shadow Fiend model + Arcana. Phantom Lancer and Bloodseeker completely reworked. Lots of other hero, item, and map changes as well. Not sure how I feel on a lot of these changes personally.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

not sure what to think of this

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This patch is fucking terrible

It's weird, game was pretty stable for such a long time. Bugs being pretty minor, now it seems like quality has dropped off immensely.

maybe after last international being really fucking boring they trying to spice it up

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's WoW syndrome. They are nerfing things just because people complain about them to make the player-base happy. But since regular people don't know anything, the "boring" or "anti-fun" things they are patching to death are things that actually made for exciting DotA.

Tinker was under 45% win rate, but people dislike playing against him in pubs? Nerfed.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hadley Brightfoot
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Anyone still play?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

no

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

My crystal maiden arcana says I do. Don't put enough time to hit 4k ranked because I pigeon-holed myself to playing support in ranked and my hero pool is crap.

I play daily but yeah nowhere near 4k

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    My crystal maiden arcana says I do. Don't put enough time to hit 4k ranked because I pigeon-holed myself to playing support in ranked and my hero pool is crap.
    Wide hero pool really isn't that important unless all you play is gimmicky crap (Techies/Meepo/Axe/Sniper). Especially for a support player, you can get to 4 - 5k easily with a narrow hero pool. Even if they aren't optimal, you're much less likely to be rendered useless by a patch than a core player.

It's just luck of the dice on how retarded your core players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadley View Post
    Anyone still play?
    Daily. The meta is a bit better since they undid some of the comeback mechanic, but this is still a really terrible patch overall and probably the worst since Dota 2.

I float around 4k - 4.2k party MMR with a smurf around 3.6k if anyone wants to play. I generally play mids and carries with an aggressive team fight into taking map objective styles. Prefer to win lane win game early.

Warning: I'm extremely critical and I flame the shit out of people when they fuck up. I learned DotA ten years ago playing with a bunch of older friends who got on my case whenever I fucked up, and it's ingrained into me that when you fuck up in DotA you *need* to be yelled at so that you're negatively reinforced from repeating the mistake.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/06/dota-2-reborn/
    Everything in the dashboard has been completely redesigned utilizing a new UI framework, and the engine that powers the game has been fully replaced ( w/ Source 2). On today’s update page we will be giving you a preview of the new interface. Early next week we’ll be talking about Custom Games, and later that week we’ll conclude with various details about the new engine and launch the open beta.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...reborn/cs4tah4
    Here is a brief TLDR, but check out the blog yourself!

Brand new UI that also performs better

Custom games are coming, using Wc3 Lobby style

New chat thats very similar to WoW

New 1080p 60 FPS ingame streams or on stream broadcast, 3rd party streams can also be watched in game, with new New Dota Tv interface with tournament brackets etc, all in game

New Hero browser to allow you to preview sets

New tutorial

And lots of other features!!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW DOTA 2 WAS OBSOLETE?

NOW WE HAVE DOTA 2 TWO FUCK YEAH GOOD GUY VALVE

i'm furiously masturbating

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

More importantly:

S O U R C E 2 E N G I N E B O Y S

Something Something 3 confirmed?

BG Level

Beta client of DotA 2 Reborn launched. Dota2 is now powered by Source 2. Hurray! I want to play some good old Tower D and Hero Line wars. FUCK YEA.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

DotaTV Beta has launched
    They also launched the beta of DotaTV’s Live Streaming, which will broadcast games at 1080p/ 60fps and will “feature real-time stats, graphs and match data.” Because what makes eSports more thrilling than looking at graphs?

The new Watch section contains a selection of the most-viewed Dota matches being streamed on Steam Broadcasting. You’ll also be able to view the full broadcast for The International there too.
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/20/valv...international/
    http://www.dota2.com/international/overview/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Reminder, TI bracket sorting matches are going on now.

Also, if you pre-order FF Type-0 on Steam, you get a Chocobo courier and a Moogle ward.
    File that under something I never fucking thought I'd see.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Reminder, TI bracket sorting matches are going on now.

Also, if you pre-order FF Type-0 on Steam, you get a Chocobo courier and a Moogle ward.
    File that under something I never fucking thought I'd see.
    Which basically means you can resell the courier & ward skin for something if not a lot of people preorder. Think of it as a small discount at worst or a free game at best.