Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Maybe if the base Empyrean weapons were at all comparable to Mythic/Relic weapons
    Yeah cause getting an emperyian weapon is anywhere near as difficult as getting a relic or a mythic.....
    Apparently you don't remember what a locked mythic weapon looked like ....

Wightslayer
    (Sword) All Races
    DMG: 41 Delay: 236
    Lv. 75 BLU
    vs
    Tizona
    [Main] All Races
    DMG:42 Delay:236
    LV 75 BLU

and that tizona is after you completed duties tasks and deeds. if Duties tasks and deeds was just 50 NM drops there'd be a fuck of a lot more mythics around ....

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Donto Exclusive
    (Great Katana) All Races
    DMG: 62 Delay: 450
    Lv. 75 SAM

Base form Masamune isn't stellar either. I'm still not convinced this is a fair comparison as there are only two "stages" to a Mythic compared to the three or four stages to get to Masamune, which isn't even the best weapon out there right now, and takes far more effort to complete than those which ARE better. This is why I say wait and compare them once they're finished.

Either way it never occured to me to think of the Nyzul weapons as base forms. I think overlooking the additional effects on Relics/Mythics is a mistake though, as is discounting the Aftermaths which baseline Empyreans do not recieve.

BG Level

Either way it never occured to me to think of the Nyzul weapons as base forms. I think overlooking the additional effects on Relics/Mythics is a mistake though, as is discounting the Aftermaths which baseline Empyreans do not recieve.
    after you complete duties tasks and deeds
    Mythic weapons are blank, that isnt me just leaving out the aftermath and added effects ...

it's 30,000 alexandrites,50 assault reclears 100,000 ampoules and 150,000 tokens for
    just +1 damage ...

50 NM drops don't look so bad now ...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    In this game it seems that the bigger the effort, the bigger the rewards. If you are complaining about weather/day trials even if its an hour a day at 50 mobs solo a day its 17.5 element days for a weapon that will out do anything currently in the game you cant magian. And that's worse case scenario, that you cant find anybody else that is on your particular trial.

Even if you don't have any friends you should at least be able to find people that are on a trial that is close to if not on your trial. If you think magian is bad wonder what you think of anything else worth doing. I've wasted more time trying to get AF+1 mats, dynamis drops, A week or 2 for getting a top tier weapon doesn't seem that bad to me really ...
    Again in this game I've done more for less.
    And yet you have on the other end weapons that drop off NMs in abyssea that pretty much match everything that's been released through TotM that drop like candy. Apart from having elemental staves and dual wield weapons there are alternatives that take almost next to no time to get.

SE usually does go overboard on stuff that can be soloed because there's a small chunk of people that basically just play FFXI that will have these quests done in the first couple days if they don't put in the time/weather/NM restrictions. Look at it from a point of view of when you level a new job to 99 down the road. It's not so bad when you're doing like 2-3 weapons progressively but It's pretty terrible to start from scratch 2-3 weapons. Even if they did something extreme like make TW mobs eligible it would just mean the hardcore players would just complete more weapons. Level syncing is handy but not many people have multi-level characters on secondary accounts or friends with unlimited time.

Definitely something that SE should reconsider imo is to allow 2 of the same trials active at the same time. Dual wield jobs may get slightly better stats totals on their weapons but it's brutal to have to do the exact same thing over and over. A better option I think is that they could have completion points where you could acquire any number of weapons from the moogle after completing a string of trials (maybe right before a path split.)

Overall I just think that this content should receive continued tone downs as time goes on. This is especially important if we're going to have to do this for sets of armor and merits in addition to weapons.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Mythic weapons are blank, that isnt me just leaving out the aftermath and added effects ...

it's 30,000 alexandrites,50 assault reclears 100,000 ampoules and 150,000 tokens for
    just +1 damage ...

People don't upgrade Yagrush for the damage~

/trollface

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

just +1 damage ...

All you do after that is kill Balrahn (ToAU Kings before or after? Not hard either way); the bulk of the work is the Alex/Ichor/Tokens/Assaults.

If you want to compare the blank slates for each then both are on par with each other in terms or being useless until finished. The entire argument here, in my opinion, is how difficult they are to complete in their entirety. Without knowing what exactly goes in to making Empyreans I don't see why anyone is making a big deal out of them.

BG Level

All you do after that is kill Balrahn (ToAU Kings before or after? Not hard either way); the bulk of the work is the Alex/Ichor/Tokens/Assaults.

If you want to compare the blank slates for each then both are on par with each other in terms or being useless until finished. The entire argument here, in my opinion, is how difficult they are to complete in their entirety. Without knowing what exactly goes in to making Empyreans I don't see why anyone is making a big deal out of them.
    ZNM trophies and balrahn fight.
    mythics were broken down into nyzul weapon > then the first 2 mythic quest came out, then farther down the road the final stages of mythics were released. Just like the stages of Emperyian weapons.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ZNM trophies and balrahn fight.
    mythics were broken down into nyzul weapon > then the first 2 mythic quest came out, then farther down the road the final stages of mythics were released. Just like the stages of Emperyian weapons.
    And, lets see...while I know wiki drop rate information is kinda flawed, lets do some math, because everyone loves papermath:
    # Tinnin's Fang (20.2%)
    # Sarameya's Hide (20.2%)
    # Tyger's Tail (6.5%)

The fang and hide drop rate seem kinda high, but lets roll with it:
    4/20 + 4/20 + 1/20 = 9/60 = 15% drop rate
    So according to the active data, you'll get your 3 trophies in about 7 kills each, 21 kills. Gee, thats hardly any less than Empyrean weapons, and lets consider this.

ZNM trophies require doing pankration, then playing papparazzi, then killing some t1 and t2's, then a couple t3's, then hoping your t4 drops the trophy. Oh, and you're pissing away a PW pop.

Empyrean weapon NM pop items involve XPing for the most part, then you can do some filler NM's to get a missing pop item if necessary.