Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2167
  1. #1501
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,940
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    And I'm assuming Oneiros Ring when he's talking about MP Merit ring (Latent Effect: Triple Attack +2% when MP>100)

  2. #1502
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Rancor Collar and Oneiros Ring.

  3. #1503
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Yeah I know that but why use rancors collar on sam and why not gear towards a 5 hit instead.

  4. #1504
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,227
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Yeah I know that but why use rancors collar on sam and why not gear towards a 5 hit instead.
    From what I understand five hit has been shown to be inferior to six hit even before the 95 patch (where things like Aces Mail make 6 hitting even better). As far as why use rancors collar, there aren't exactly many options to TP in on sam. Ganeshas Mala is nice but hard to obtain, Rancor's is under Ganeshas but still better than things like Agasayas or JSE for most mobs. There are other reasons I like to six hit too such as the main event I use sam for is salvage and generally anything I would use sam on I'd take some form of damage that would make me go over or under the desired perfect 100% TP.

  5. #1505
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    5HIT VS 6HIT is almost preference since the stp trait/zanhasso update in July(?). The more haste you get the more a 6hit pulls ahead. (Haste,Marches etc) I've been favoring the standard 5hit recently.

  6. #1506
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    534
    BG Level
    5

    To be fair, I only use 5hit cause I'm in Amano aftermath fulltime. If I had to decide between 5hit and 6hit Masa, I'd probably go with 6hit as well.

  7. #1507
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Check out this SAM Masa 5hit - 25% Haste (24.7)

    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/222265

    Rajas/Brutal required during WS. 5/5 stp merits

  8. #1508
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    396
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Any possible improvements here for DNC Aeolian Edge outside of another dagger? I'm thinking MAB+4 ACP body and Denali legs?


  9. #1509
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,779
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Chimera Hairpin is worse than that?

    Matre Brazzegan or w/e, the 10 DEX behemoth legs. I use ASA legs with MAB+4, but they're actually just barely competitive with Matre I think. I avoid Matre because of inventory -1.

  10. #1510
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    396
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Chimera Hairpin is worse than that?
    Mainly using it for the MP to make U. Pendant work. Chimera with ACP body (MAB) would be best combo I'd think.

  11. #1511

    This is my DRK with aftermath. http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232834

    I have 19% Double Attack while maintaining 26% haste. I've been trying to get +2% Double Attack, which would boost me to 20% DA, on my ebody with no success. I really want to make use of the AF3+2 set bonus equipment. I need a better ring I think. Also need to +2 my hands. Advice?

    Should I try spamming the VW NM that drops Anger Bomblet?

  12. #1512
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    166
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

    I kinda revised my "ideal" sets (i.e. things I'm trying to get since I'm frigging gimp still), and would like some criticism.Consider the idea is to shoot for the best for inside and outside aby for tp and ws(victory smite ofc).I might have derped since I didn't sleep whole night and it's morning right now but I should have made something decent, if you can suggest upgrades I'd love to fix the sets.As said those are mostly wishlists of things I either don't have so...

    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/207921 mnk ws inside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/186338 mnk tp inside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232934 mnk tp outside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232935 mnk ws outside aby (this one I have the most issues figuring it out right now, probably due to sleep deprivation)

    I kinda don't know if it's the right topic but I guess I tried d:

    EDIT: to avoid posting again quickly I'm answering here to gokku and going on:

    I'm not sure about rancor due to the +dt, I'm mostly tanking or offtanking or I'm anyway getting always hate, so that might not be an option due to that part.But I kinda had it as the "best" if I never had to take damage...

  13. #1513
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    I kinda revised my "ideal" sets (i.e. things I'm trying to get since I'm frigging gimp still), and would like some criticism.Consider the idea is to shoot for the best for inside and outside aby for tp and ws(victory smite ofc).I might have derped since I didn't sleep whole night and it's morning right now but I should have made something decent, if you can suggest upgrades I'd love to fix the sets.As said those are mostly wishlists of things I either don't have so...

    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/207921 mnk ws inside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/186338 mnk tp inside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232934 mnk tp outside aby
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232935 mnk ws outside aby (this one I have the most issues figuring it out right now, probably due to sleep deprivation)

    I kinda don't know if it's the right topic but I guess I tried d:
    inside set :
    rancor collar
    str +3/4 earring
    aug shura head +1 * bonnet might still be top there*
    str legs * usu etc*

    Outside Abyssea my current set is: * generally when dealing with void i have sole sushi+1 on and pop temps to make sure i have no acc issues
    input /equip neck "Rancor Collar";
    input /equip head "Shr.Znr.Kabuto +1";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Vulcan's Pearl";
    input /equip body "Tantra Cyclas +2";
    input /equip hands "Heafoc Mitts";
    input /equip ring2 "Epona's Ring";
    input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";
    input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip waist "Beir Belt +1";
    input /equip legs "Usukane Hizayoroi";
    input /equip feet "Tantra Gaiters +2";
    input /equip ammo "Tantra Tathlum";


    For the question on what to TP heres the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, as it kind of rambles along. You ask me to explain something, but then don't actually ask a question.

    For the specified gear set and, for the sake of comparison numbers (what you seem to be running into in the latter half of the above quote), Faith+Bruiser vs Calcitrant+Tantra (also, /war with Berserk up in Abyssea, and accounting for ODD):

    F+B melee/ws split: 57.4/42.6
    C+T melee/ws split: 57.2/42.8

    F+B melee punch/kick split: 90.9/9.1
    C+T melee punch/kick split: 90.2/9.8

    So, more damage from weaponskill than you estimated favors that which increases total damage (Tantra) over just melee damage (Bruiser's). On the other hand, less damage from kicks favors Bruiser's over Tantra.


    Varied DPS comparisons:

    Set 1: Abyssea (capped acc)

    Code:
                Ear                                             
    Neck        None        Tantra      Bruiser     Aesir       Moonshade
    None        431.206     432.302     432.166     433.367     439.183
    Agasaya     433.607     434.71      434.568     435.769     441.569
    Calcitrant  435.223     436.364     435.946     437.153     443.179
    Faith       433.367     434.469     436.981     435.528     441.33
    Rancor      442.207     443.332     443.189     444.417     450.138
    Set 2: Outside, 90% hit rate without neck/ear

    Code:
                Ear                                             
    Neck        None        Tantra      Bruiser     Aesir       Moonshade
    None        160.615     161.125     162.585     161.769     163.66
    Agasaya     168.223     168.755     170.208     169.205     171.102
    Calcitrant  162.792     163.325     164.933     164.072     165.803
    Faith       166.391     166.756     170.256     167.565     169.312
    Rancor      168.987     169.482     170.954     170.136     172.014
    Ziel        168.239     168.77      168.694     169.343     171.251

    Inside Abyssea, Rancor wins by a wide margin, as does Moonshade (att/regain version, btw). The next best options are Calc/Aesir, Faith/Bruiser, and Calc/Tantra. Agasaya is on the weaker end of things, along with Faith without Bruiser.

    Ouside Abyssea, where accuracy matters at least a little, Rancor is brought back into line with the rest of the options, being only barely ahead of Ziel and Agasaya. Moonshade is also a relatively weaker option since weaponskills don't get quite as much of a boost.

    Calcitrant is far weaker due to the lack of accuracy. Faith is also on the weaker side unless paired with a Bruiser, at which point it's on par with the other top contenders.

    Obviously, the best choice depends on both the situation and what gear you actually have available to you. Inside Abyssea, top choice is obviously Rancor Collar; lacking that (or not wanting the +damage taken), I'd go with Calcitrant. Outside Abyssea (and needing acc), I'd probably just stick with Agasaya for solid, all-around performance, assuming that if accuracy is an issue I probably don't want the +damage taken of the Rancor. Though if base hit rate dropped to 85% or so I'd switch over to the Ziel (which doesn't show its full benefit here, as you only need 10 acc to reach cap).

    Outside Abyssea on older content you'll be capping accuracy, so it would revert more to the Abyssea set in terms of relative standings, though the margin that Rancor wins by will still be closer to the second set (ie: very narrow advantage).

  14. #1514
    jponry
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,366
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    inside set :

    Outside Abyssea my current set is: * generally when dealing with void i have sole sushi+1 on and pop temps to make sure i have no acc issues
    input /equip neck "Rancor Collar";
    input /equip head "Shr.Znr.Kabuto +1";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip ear2 "Vulcan's Pearl";
    input /equip body "Tantra Cyclas +2";
    input /equip hands "Heafoc Mitts";
    input /equip ring2 "Epona's Ring";
    input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";
    input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip waist "Beir Belt +1";
    input /equip legs "Usukane Hizayoroi";
    input /equip feet "Tantra Gaiters +2";
    input /equip ammo "Tantra Tathlum";
    4% Byakkos would benefit you more outside.

  15. #1515
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    i swear to fuck and back you better math proof that shit cuz not but 2-3 pages back i got told byakkos loses to str legs, i have it all make up your mind internet!

  16. #1516
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,902
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    And bonnet is 2 STR v Random Augment + 2-3% WS DMG. Given the high STR in abyssea, I doubt bonnet comes out a winner in any realistic case.

  17. #1517
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,430
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Byakko's are winning if you are capping ddex afaik, not otherwise.

  18. #1518
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,094
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    seeing how it was said 170 dec didnt cap ddex in VW imma stick with usu.

  19. #1519
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,779
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Counterfeit View Post
    This is my DRK with aftermath. http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232834

    I have 19% Double Attack while maintaining 26% haste. I've been trying to get +2% Double Attack, which would boost me to 20% DA, on my ebody with no success. I really want to make use of the AF3+2 set bonus equipment. I need a better ring I think. Also need to +2 my hands. Advice?

    Should I try spamming the VW NM that drops Anger Bomblet?


    If you are going to 6hit, switch to a sword strap, it will do far more damage for you then pole grip. The set bonus isn't good, don't gear with it in mind.

    Here is my 5hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225765

    Here is my 6hit
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/225766

  20. #1520
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    531
    BG Level
    5

    NIN TP

    TP set with no Marches/Haste
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232526

    TP set with Marches and Haste
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/227768

    Wondering if I should switch back to AF3+2 feet instead of Usu feet on Marches/Haste.

    Haidate has STP+4 and Crit+4

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1473
    Last Post: 2010-04-19, 07:30
  2. Replies: 1508
    Last Post: 2009-07-20, 16:49
  3. Replies: 1499
    Last Post: 2009-05-19, 00:01
  4. Replies: 1473
    Last Post: 2009-03-04, 11:28
  5. Replies: 1705
    Last Post: 2008-12-07, 11:12
  6. Replies: 1645
    Last Post: 2008-08-21, 00:12
  7. Post Pictures of your gear II
    By Sonomaa in forum FFXI: Media
    Replies: 1470
    Last Post: 2008-04-06, 09:02
  8. Post pictures of your gear.
    By Senoska in forum FFXI: Media
    Replies: 2082
    Last Post: 2007-07-27, 04:51