Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast

I would use Gorget/Rancor before I used a straight accuracy neck. I haven't decided what my set is going to look like, but your abyssea WS set isn't going to cut it. There aren't many viable changes to be made for TP phase as generally everything you use already is fairly good but...

Kemas Earring/Tantra Talthum/Agasaya's-Ziel/Mars for TP
    Kemas Earring/Tantra Talthum/Rancor/Mars/Shura+1 legs for WS - I'm also going to play with Thunder Belt vs. Anguinus but my hit rate is pretty bad. The best VS I threw out was ~2300 but that was far from the norm.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    I've never tried that NM and really haven't looked at it. How much of a pain is it? I'm only 1/3 of the way through w/Kannagi and I'm tired of my gold Katana...
    He's a pain in the arse lol - I'd recommend trioing due to the hate reset, we tried to duo war and whm and hate reset wiped us first try. He hits like a truck and since he likes to use the hate reset move, I (the whm) ran out of temps (potions and fanatics) to keep myself alive. 2nd try we had a nin aswell (my friend dual boxing) and it helped immensely.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeaa he's kind of annoying, probably one of the worse NMs in Abyssea. Between his stupid high EVA and DEF (maybe not so bad with 5 extra levels? doubt it tho) and constant hate resets, can be quite troublesome.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Depends strongly on intel levels. The only real things he has are Frag Bomb (4k needles iirc) and -50% damage taken. He also hits like a truck at low Intel, but I tanked him successfully much of the time on WAR/NIN, so he really isn't that challenging if you're willing to turtle up when necessary.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Um... Does Fleshflayer Killakriq even use Frag Bomb? I thought that was the other gob NM in grauberg, the force spawn one?

I don't remember him using it at all, the only thing that caused us problems was the hate reset, other than that my friend tanked it as war/sam just fine.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I never saw it at all, but I'd heard he used it and only fought Fleshflayer twice.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've never seen him use it. Have only seen backfired smoke bombs and goblin rush.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Inb4 lolDRG.

Looking to bring back my DRG, as it was my very first job in the game and even if its use is limited right now, I still love it. So I'm slowly piecing together gear and pulling together sets, but I've got a looooong way to go. I'm looking for suggestions to build it back up as I go.

TP Set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/221068

Yes, lolFetterLance, I haven't played on this in ages. Also Empousa's a stingy bitch on the Vougier's and I only just brought it back so no trial weps done yet. Looking to improve weapon either way, what's the best suggestion for that aside from Emp/Myth? How does the new Drachenstich compare?

As for the rest of the TP gear, I'm looking for either a capped-haste 6-hit or a near-capped 5-hit if possible. Goading Belt I know I need for the latter but Lacovie's as bad as Empousa these days with it, even with Blue and TH7+. -_-;

WS Set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/221069

Hecatomb feet are NQ, I know. Currently Aug'd with STR+2, Polearm Skill+2. Working on better.

Jump set's sorta meh, not bothering with posting it up, but I do have to ask because I never bothered to think about it: Does Store TP stack with Jumps to sorta ease the TP-gain phase? Just wondering.

Healing Breath Set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/236260

Needs Byrgid body and Ostreger's I think, though I'm not really sure the latter adds that much. Need to +1 the legs too but haven't done much Limbus. Mah bad.

PDT/MDT sets are fairly standard. 17% PDT atm since I tossed my Nierenschutz sometime back, needs a few more pieces. 24% MDT without Nierenschutz as well.

Anything I'm forgetting? Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10816/glassblowers-belt

A great little addition to Healing Breath builds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Derp, forgot about that piece. Gonna grab one if it's on the AH now... >.>'

Edit: And it's not. FML.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Drachenstich seems decent from the small amount of time I've had to test it, certainly good to grab while in progress with a better one (trial related).

I'd consider getting a Dragonkin earring, they seem to be relatively cheap too, especially if you don't already have an Aesir Ear Pendant. (Idk if you have a Moonshade or what augments you selected if so).

How much are you willing to spend on potential gear? Have a look at an Hagneia stone (ammo) and a Tyrant's ring for an upgrade from Hoard.

More to follow as I think of it/my fucking iPad stops flipping out

Added:

I can't tell if that's an Abyssea-centric WS set, but if you can afford to drop the Dex by using Heafoc mitts you can probably afford to drop it from the body too, Store TP notwithstanding. Something like Zahak's if you need the crit rate, or Ares's cuirass if not. ( I'm assuming you aren't buffed out the arse with double bards and the sort, and aren't attack capping )

Rancor collar if you need the crit, as above dependant on where you're using Drg.

Also lol @ me. You are using Drakesbane right? If it's some shit like Wheeling or Sonic thrust cause you don't have a runic disc, start there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yes, I'm using Drakesbane. xD First Nyzul WS I got.

Weapon - Which trial weapons are best? Is the OAT lance still the best? How does the TP bonus lance compare on Drakes, since chance of crit hit varies with TP?

Armor sets - I'm actually looking at sets for both inside and outside Abyssea regarding WS. I'd like to use my DRG a bit more widely than before.

So what I'm still looking for:

1) TP build both inside and out that either gives a 5-hit with near capped haste, or if not, a reasonable capped-haste 6-hit set that makes up for it either in attack or whatever else you'd put in those slots that would be for STP.
    2) Weaponskill sets for inside and out.
    3) Which of the trial lances to pursue.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just finished Kannagi so I'm looking to upgrade and also fix what I'm not doing correctly so all comments are welcomed. I only have 1 set currently as I'm trying to figure out how I want to tailor my xml for inside/outside sets. I'm thinking using variables but I'm not sure yet. If anyone has an xml they would like to PM that would be great or if you would like to look at mine I can send it. I'm looking to find out what should take priority first. Thanks for reading~

TP: af2 hands / haidate with crit at night. I'm wondering if I should full time Haidate. I don't have salvage yet so Usukane would be far away.
    Spoiler: show

WS: Haidate is +6vit/+4 crit hit/+3stp. obviously should shoot for agi mod. Should I get/use ambushers instead? Seiryu's Kote aren't augmented yet. I'm almost done w/af3+2 hands. I haven't seen the +10agi feet for sale in forever. I assume I should get the new +8agi boots for inside, but lithe for outside?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mikus View Post
    Just finished Kannagi so I'm looking to upgrade and also fix what I'm not doing correctly so all comments are welcomed. I only have 1 set currently as I'm trying to figure out how I want to tailor my xml for inside/outside sets. I'm thinking using variables but I'm not sure yet. If anyone has an xml they would like to PM that would be great or if you would like to look at mine I can send it. I'm looking to find out what should take priority first. Thanks for reading~

TP: af2 hands / haidate with crit at night. I'm wondering if I should full time Haidate. I don't have salvage yet so Usukane would be far away.

WS: Haidate is +6vit/+4 crit hit/+3stp. obviously should shoot for agi mod. Should I get/use ambushers instead? Seiryu's Kote aren't augmented yet. I'm almost done w/af3+2 hands. I haven't seen the +10agi feet for sale in forever. I assume I should get the new +8agi boots for inside, but lithe for outside?
    Dusk Gloves +1 and Haidate during the day, and Rancor Collar for TP.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Yes, I'm using Drakesbane. xD First Nyzul WS I got.

Weapon - Which trial weapons are best? Is the OAT lance still the best? How does the TP bonus lance compare on Drakes, since chance of crit hit varies with TP?

Armor sets - I'm actually looking at sets for both inside and outside Abyssea regarding WS. I'd like to use my DRG a bit more widely than before.

So what I'm still looking for:

1) TP build both inside and out that either gives a 5-hit with near capped haste, or if not, a reasonable capped-haste 6-hit set that makes up for it either in attack or whatever else you'd put in those slots that would be for STP.
    2) Weaponskill sets for inside and out.
    3) Which of the trial lances to pursue.
    For TP I came up with this set.

For Drakesbane, this one.

Neither are optimized for 95, but it's a 5-hit as long as all of the hits for Drakes connect. Could probably add in some more Store TP on Drakes if you wanted to.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Off the top of my head, assuming you chose to take up a Corsesca:

Outside TP

Corsesca/Rose/ /Hagneia
    Lancer's+2/Houyi's/Brutal/Dragonkin
    Lancer's+2/Dusk+1/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Tactical/Bullwhip/Ace's/Lancer's+2

Outside WS

Corsesca/Rose/ /Hagneia
    Twilight/Rancor/Brutal/Aesir or Moonshade
    Zahak's/Lancer's+2/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Atheling/Pipilaka/Lancer's+2/Heca or whatever

TP: 36 Store TP
    WS: 17 Store TP

Add 15 for /Sam in both cases.

FYI a 507 delay weapon requires 45 STp per hit to 5 hit, and 22 (it's actually 21.01 but whatever) to 6 hit. This of course is just a uniform distribution assuming all hits generate the same TP.

Notes:

For the neck use Chivalrous > Almah > Houyi's from worst to best for your TP neck, if you use a similar setup as the example given, don't forget to account for this. You can ignore an STp neck entirely if you want to, there are other things you can do to balance the change.

This is just an example setup, I've ignored most of the 95 cap introduced items, unless they're easily AH bought, neck aside. I consider that other than the Tactical mantle, everything should be easy to obtain, and in a short period of time. People should have a Rose strap by now /shrug.

You don't need to drop haste in either 5 or 6 hit builds, so don't. Also don't assume you'll nail all 4 Drakes hits all the time, you won't. It's not recommended to account for the potential lost TP by adding outside sources such as taking damage or added extra hits in your WS, but that's your call.

Can't be arsed with this page refresh shit, it's obvious this is only a basic set of assumptions so let me know if I didn't accomodate something

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    Outside TP

Corsesca/Rose/ /Hagneia
    Lancer's+2/Houyi's/Brutal/Dragonkin
    Lancer's+2/Dusk+1/Tyrant's/Rajas
    Tactical/Bullwhip/Ace's/Lancer's+2
    I'm too far out of the loop to remember what the best set up is, but that's an uncommon one. I haven't seen a lot that use Bullwhip over Goading.
    Regardless, though, you shouldn't use a Tactical Mantle. You even went above the sTP you said you needed.

Here's the set I usually point people towards: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/196368
    It's Lv.90 gear, so some things have changed. It has the notable shortcoming of only having 25% haste, but I'm sure you can figure out what to switch to get the last fraction of a percent.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Simply put I prefer the tact mantle setup at the moment because I don't have a Rose Strap. xD I'm only at the Emblem of the Holy Knight; I let my Campaign evaluations slip quite a bit before I finished WoTG, so I've gotta work my way up, which will take a while and I hate Campaign. xD I'll get on it though!

In the meantime I was looking at this setup: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/221068

I'm going to assume /SAM if I'm using DRG for anything but solo (in which I'll be using /mage of some sort and not so worried about an X-hit build), so I tacked on that extra 15 from natural Store TP trait. This is a capped-haste 5-hit build on a Corsesca+2/3 (assuming I get the mirrors). Neck can naturally be switched as I get better STP options. If I can get either Almah Torque or Houyi's as well as a Rose Strap, I'll switch the Tact mantle out for Atheling.

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    I'm too far out of the loop to remember what the best set up is, but that's an uncommon one. I haven't seen a lot that use Bullwhip over Goading.
    Regardless, though, you shouldn't use a Tactical Mantle. You even went above the sTP you said you needed.

Here's the set I usually point people towards: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/196368
    It's Lv.90 gear, so some things have changed. It has the notable shortcoming of only having 25% haste, but I'm sure you can figure out what to switch to get the last fraction of a percent.
    for 95 you can add Hagneia Stone (3 Store TP) and use lolchiv chain until Qilin put's out a Houyi's Gorget (3 Store TP) for you without losing any Store TP, gaining you 2 Store TP over the set linked above

not sure the exact number you're looking for Store TP wise but you might even be able to avoid rose strap while ditching tactical as suggested

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Grip is a very weak slot for an OAT weapon and Campaign is a fucking joke now, take 10-15 minutes every 5 days and get your rankup. Don't skip Rose Strap.