Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast

you need the hands to break the last h2h tier when using faith and bruisers, assuming capped h2h merits

if you really really care about mnk tp, then rancor collar + atheling with regain moonshade is best, despite the tier break -- but if you're like everyone else and have other jobs that benefit from tp bonus moonshade and prefer that kind of moonshade then your tp set is fine

I'll dig up the post from motenten in a sec

edit: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105...=1#post4942753
    Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roary View Post
    given capped A+ h2h at 424 [I think?] with 8 merits, making the total 440, add 7 from faith, 7 from hands, and 3 from bruiser, if I calculated it correctly it squeaks in at 51.03 base damage, is that last tier worth sacrificing rancor regain/attack ear? (assume all I care about is MNK, no TP bonus ear)
    424 + 16 (merits) + 7+7+3 = 457, which is 50+3 = 53 base damage. With +32 Taipans and 8 fStr, you're getting barely more than 1% additional melee damage. Anything that can match the attack boost and give an additional 1% damage on top (or 2% ws damage, in the case of regain or Store TP) of that would be a sidegrade. Rancor Collar by itself is about a 2.7% gain (outside Abyssea) over the 9 att of the Calcitrant (about the same as Faith+Bruiser attack), which means any earring upgrade is just a bonus.

The only reason not to use Rancor Collar over pretty much anything else is due to the damage taken. If you don't want the damage taken, there are several alternatives you can fall back on (including Faith+Bruiser), most of which are nearly indistinguishable unless you also need accuracy (in which case Calcitrant falls behind).

also I don't have an answer about ganesha's versus set bonus, I am curious myself

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, that opens the question on which is better, now that we have Rancor Mantle. You gain the crit. rate from Rancor Collar and keep the H2H tiers, but lose the double attack from Atheling Mantle and the regain from Moonshade.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Last Stand: 22.0TP per WS
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...102_184311.png
    AF3 Back and legs used for STP, in case only 1st hit lands.

Would gorget/belt be better since fTP carries over for both hits?

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Ah yes, it would I believe. Was advised about that for Cor in the whats better thread but forgot about it, cheers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Blade: Metsu set. Any help? Kabuto has WSD+3% SC DMG+3% and ATK+7, Jupiter's ATK+4, Haidate STP+4 Crit+4

Got 50 tatters to try for DEX, ATK and WSD+3 Kabuto

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/245089

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Blade Hi (non abyssea)
    Kannagi/Kamome/x/Qirmiz
    Bersail/Rancor/Brutal/Light Earring (crit+1 mod)
    Iga+2/Seiryu's Kote/Stormsoul/Epona's
    Iga Dochugappa/Anguinus/Ambushers/gimp

Anything I'm doing wrong? should anything be replaced? the feet are a work in progress, but I'm going for Koga Kyahan +2 - no -1 drop tonight though :\

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oirandori, STR offhand
    Augmented Shura kabuto+1
    Atheling
    Augmented byakko's haidate

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't get much time to play PUP, But its a job i want to get better at... Below:

My Current Master-Focused TP set:

My Current Stringing Pummel Set:

Any improvements? For TP Set, I'm thinking Rancor Mantle for Back on TP Phase... So i can continue to use Cirque Neck (I know its only -10 Delay, But I'm capping haste otherwise, Is that useful If i use Rancor as back?)

The reason I've chosen Athos Head is because I currently only have Cirque Head+1, And from BG Wiki, It shoulds Athos Set is 3% Crit hit Rate for 2 pieces, So the Feet in my TP set combined with Head offer me 3% Crit rate 8STR vs 3% Double Attack that HQ1 Head offers. I feel +2 Head > Athos when i get it, Even with the 3% Crit Rate set Bonus, Am i mistaken?

As far as WS Set goes, I need Toci's Harness for body for sure... Outside of that, Not sure what i could do. Belt is Pipika. I want to replace Kemas as well, Thinking Aesir Pendant will be better? Generally i feel i need the accuracy on some of the harder mobs (VW T5~).

Edit: Also, Obviously need to upgrade my h2h to the level 99 Version... I'm working on it.

Any suggestions? Open to all forms of critique D:

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Any improvements?
    Start with Verethragna

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Start with Verethragna
    Had plans on that already though, So thats a bright side.

The reason i don't now is, With how some so often complain about "crying Empyreans" in the G/C/WTF thread, I thought Empyreans were more the "icing on the cake" Step of the process, not something i should have gotten from the beginning when i was still in Aurore and Goliard body >_>. Or i would have one by now.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Looking at War TP sets for Widowmaker. I already know what needs to be improved for my WS/PDT/Etc sets, so it's TP sets I'm most interested in atm. They'll change when I finish off Ukon.
    21STP gives 6hit off 2/4 hit upheaval (Ogier's Hands swapped in for one-hit WSs to maintain it)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...216_155533.png
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...216_155520.png
    It seems most Restraint Down sets are basically the same as Restraint up but with AF2+2 hands. Comparing that with the my restraint-down set, I gain 3Str, 14Acc, 5Att, 3Crit and 2DA in exchange for the loss of 0.6% haste. If ring in 1st was Mars instead of Pyrosoul, then it would be 10Str 6Acc 3Crit and 2DA in exchange for 3Att and 0.6% haste. So I'm guessing this does the job.

If I got my hands on a 2DA adaberk over Askar (and also had mars over pyrosoul) I'd be looking at:
    5Str 3Crit 2DA VS 16Acc 6Att 0.6% Haste. When Acc-capped, I'm guessing this set will still win, though when uncapped, it wont.

Doingitright? Or is there a better option? (Far as obvious upgrades go, Brego>Dusk+1 and already mentioned Berk/Mars > Askar/Pyrosoul. Also that Crit grip should probably be DA outside of Aby with upheaval. AF3+2 body over askar when need acc)
    Will post WS sets for critique later on, after I make the upgrades I'm already well aware of.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not sure why you even ask. someone is going to tell you something to improve on, then you are going to give a 10 page lecture (with math) on why its not as good as you posted. So why even bother?

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skeelo View Post
    Not sure why you even ask. someone is going to tell you something to improve on, then you are going to give a 10 page lecture (with math) on why its not as good as you posted. So why even bother?
    Better than a ten page lecture without math and accepting information without proof.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Start with Verethragna
    Verethragna is a very nice for PUP but a good Tapian claw can put out very good SP numbers.

As for your sets karbuncle, they are both very solid. Cirque head +2 though is a very good boost for PUP and automaton alike so I would focus on getting that asap.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Verethragna is a very nice for PUP but a good Tapian claw can put out very good SP numbers.

As for your sets karbuncle, they are both very solid. Cirque head +2 though is a very good boost for PUP and automaton alike so I would focus on getting that asap.
    Thank ya I'll work on that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Other then +2 helm anything I am over looking here?
    http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...2ae50037f9.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is that Glassblower's belt?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-it View Post
    Other then +2 helm anything I am over looking here?
    http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/4...2ae50037f9.jpg
    http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&jobs[]=16384&description=wyvern%3A%20HP#adv

No, you aren't.

And yes, that's a glassblower's belt.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looking for more NIN help apparently. I've taken a liking to Metsu outside of Abyssea lately, so I scraped together what I could and put together a Metsu set. Any suggestions?

*Attack+4/Crit Rate+3/STP+4 on Seiryu's Kote
    *Crit Damage +4/STP+4 on Byakko's Haidate
    *STR path 99 Arisui
    *Centaurus Earring in WS sets, Suppanomimi in TP set