+ Reply to Thread
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

IPhone keeps deleting notes

So lately my iphone has decided that notes I take are not necessary and will just randomly delete them to a certain point. It's become really annoying as I use the notetaking a lot at work for when I have to rebuild computers and it's driving me crazy. A quick google search has shown others with the same problem but no response from apple, but the consensus seems that it started with the version 4 update, which is when I noticed it on my phone. Anyone else having this issue and if so have they found a way around it?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No idea, but all I can say is that ever since I upgraded to OS 3.0 a long while ago, my notes for some reason got marked as read-only, and the app would crash anytime I'd try to delete or edit something.

I'll probably just re-jailbreak it someday and SSH into the damn thing to reset the permissions on that file. ;/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I had the same problem a few days ago. I just turned off Notes from the multitask bar then opened back up and it worked fine from then on.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you have "sync notes" turned on in iTunes?

When you sync notes with iTunes then the notes that you create with the iPhone will show up as an email in your primary email account. If you delete it from your email using your PC then the note will then get deleted from your phone the next time you sync. Could this be related to your problem?