1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can't run FFXIV beta client

I apologize if this was posted, but I did a quick search and found nothing. I'm on WinXP and when I try to run the beta client, it crashes immediately with an unhandled exception:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3253/ffxivcrash.png

Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue? Alpha installed just fine. I think it's about time I upgraded to Win7 anyway, but I'll be upset if it's still an issue.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do a search on the Beta forums. There's about a million posts on this, with specific fixes for a variety of causes.

What worked for me though was ignoring the problem. Just because there's an error message doesn't mean the installer isn't running. YMMV.

Something New

I've been playing the beta just fine until today's update. I get this immediately after getting the update and trying to log in.

Error 5 has something to do with windows not locating a resource of some type. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...FFXIVError.jpg

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

run ccleaner, run the config file and update it to make sure you can do fullscreen/windowed/etc to things your comp can do and hit apply. has fixed both of those problems for my wife running it

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I've been playing the beta just fine until today's update. I get this immediately after getting the update and trying to log in.

Error 5 has something to do with windows not locating a resource of some type. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...FFXIVError.jpg
    You have Windows Vista, use run as admin or disable the UAC

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadida View Post
    I apologize if this was posted, but I did a quick search and found nothing. I'm on WinXP and when I try to run the beta client, it crashes immediately with an unhandled exception:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3253/ffxivcrash.png

Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue? Alpha installed just fine. I think it's about time I upgraded to Win7 anyway, but I'll be upset if it's still an issue.
    Update your video card drivers, especially if you have an ATI card.

Vuitton

I am having an issue patching if anyone knows a solution. After reaching 100% of patching it begins to extract or do some sort of check in a new window, errors out, closes the application, and tells me if this keeps occurring to run a disk check. Problem is that I am on a SSD and there is no disk check. Not sure how to fix this problem.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NTtzMykKgeU/TG...MsHM/error.jpg

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I am having an issue patching if anyone knows a solution. After reaching 100% of patching it begins to extract or do some sort of check in a new window, errors out, closes the application, and tells me if this keeps occurring to run a disk check. Problem is that I am on a SSD and there is no disk check. Not sure how to fix this problem.

had this error the first time too, and even though it said check disk, my problem was the "Run as admin"

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    had this error the first time too, and even though it said check disk, my problem was the "Run as admin"
    Sadly that isn't working for me. I have all three .exe files changed to run as admin. I even uninstalled/reinstalled/redownloaded the patches, and got the same error. Blah.

Edit:

Just found out that there was a second updater.exe in the directory it was downloading the patches to. Set this one to run as admin and crossing my fingers.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To add to the questions here, I finally got past the problem above me and now I'm running into this problem. I can put in my SE ID and password, the window opens and this is it:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...simons/xiv.png

SE logo won't flash, nothing will happen. Any ideas? Was attempting to test it on my other laptop to see how well it would run the game this phase, but I can't even launch the game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Try different settings/fullscreen?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Try different settings/fullscreen?
    Everything was on default settings when I opened it the first time, swapped to highest, lowest and mix match and couldn't move past that point. Resolution I haven't touched because I didn't notice a "full screen" option, just the different resolutions. Is there a box to check for that? I can't imagine how I would have missed it <_<.

Vuitton

My problem was never solved sadly. Giving admin to the second updater.exe semi-fixed it, in that it wouldn't error out immediately. Now it waits a few %s before doing it. I've tried everything. Uninstalled/Reinstalled/Redownloaded patches/installed on a HD instead of the SDD, everything. Everything has admin privileges. I don't know wtf.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My client get the Error 11023 Check Version Failed. My ports are open correctly, running as admin... Drivers updated.... anyone has an Idea?

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post

I had these errors like two patches ago and the solution was as simple as rebooting the PC and trying again.

According to SE, there are currently many issues that will cause the client to crash if your PC has been running for a long time. My PC never shuts off and this was my problem.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    I had these errors like two patches ago and the solution was as simple as rebooting the PC and trying again.

According to SE, there are currently many issues that will cause the client to crash if your PC has been running for a long time. My PC never shuts off and this was my problem.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadida View Post

yeah the only thing that worked for me was installing it on a different computer and then swapping the files to my desktop

made the game run but it takes bloody forever

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Also, You guys had this problem: I log in the beta site, I can view all forums but I cannot post in any of them, or create new threads. I'm being given a random name each time I change forum page, wheter I had it changed or not. My signature cannot contain more than 0 characters (i cannot have a signature apparently) and I cannot set an avatar image.

O_o

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabet View Post
    Also, You guys had this problem: I log in the beta site, I can view all forums but I cannot post in any of them, or create new threads. I'm being given a random name each time I change forum page, wheter I had it changed or not. My signature cannot contain more than 0 characters (i cannot have a signature apparently) and I cannot set an avatar image.

O_o
    Im gonna assume this has something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    Please note that testers added during Beta Test phase 3 do not have the ability to report bugs, or post feedback on the Beta Test website.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Im gonna assume this has something to do with it
    That explains it, Thanks. Now on to try and get that FFXIVboot.exe to stop having the version check error 11023...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast