Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clothcraft 93+     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Clothcraft 93+

Yes, another wtf to make in Clothcraft 90+ thread.

Relevant threads are Clothcraft 96-100 and Clothcraft 62+.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    Rainbow Cloth to 80 (assuming it's profitable, meaning at least 3x price of thread, if it's not, sell the threads and skip this instead)
    Puk Fletchings to 82
    Cilice to 85 (go farm Dhalmel Hair in past Saruta)
    Wamoura Silk to 88 (can buy cocoons from guild in Al Zahbi)
    Wamoura Cloth to 90
    Giant Bird Fletchings to 93 (this will hurt a bit)
    Foulard to 98 (will probably take a long time, Arachne Webs are in short supply)
    Rasetsu Samue to 99 (ouch)
    Basically just looking for some confirmation that all of this is still applicable. Those threads are ~1 year old now, but unless I'm missing something no good new recipes lately?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Can farm your own Arachne Webs and make a lot of money. And I did Al Zahbi Sash to 99. Took me 21 synths, so it wasn't too bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I did the dance shoes98/rasetsu samue99 when I was at that level. I know foulard is likely much cheaper, but I did this route a)because there was no foulard when I did it and b) its a great chance to level your Leather and Smithing subs if you haven't. Making moccasins to make the dance shoes gets your LC up, and making the darksteel sheets for the rasetsu bodies gets your smithing up. Definitely do argent coats 99-100, or go slowly by doing cursed dalmatica synths on order.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Alright, I am not sure this strategy will work anymore because I have to imagine the t0 market is drying up, but if you have the Gil to be a competitive clothcrafter in the t0 environment, there is no reason to wait for 100+6 to start. As soon as you can synth on cap, you have the same odds of profit as someone that is 100+6.

Old good t0s for profit used to be:
    Errant body, Zenith mitts, Zenith slacks (nq should be profit, but 2 synths with siren's hair x2 so watch yourself), blessed hands/legs, dalmaticas

Material costs should drop at the same rate as the t0 hqs, but do a little math and make sure you aren't getting screwed first. Also, make sure you synth on cap or higher. I have never Hqed anything with skill below the true cap for a recipe.

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Agreeing with everything here:
    I did sash until 99 (still working on it actually, Marid hairs are fought for hardcore)
    I plan on doing Argent Coat until 100 because it only requires 1 galateia instead of the 2 that blessed briault need.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

On our server the price of galateia has dropped so hard that it's become less of a loss to make blessed briault's again than to make argent. Also, eltoro leather is in very short supply now because essentially no one does ENMs anymore. Except me... looking for mats!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    On our server the price of galateia has dropped so hard that it's become less of a loss to make blessed briault's again than to make argent. Also, eltoro leather is in very short supply now because essentially no one does ENMs anymore. Except me... looking for mats!
    Yeah, materials availability are one of my biggest worries. I hope SE wises up and adds a few more synths that don't require ENM drops (or makes them more plentiful through other means: Abyssea, Campaign, etc)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Alright, I am not sure this strategy will work anymore because I have to imagine the t0 market is drying up, but if you have the Gil to be a competitive clothcrafter in the t0 environment, there is no reason to wait for 100+6 to start. As soon as you can synth on cap, you have the same odds of profit as someone that is 100+6.

Old good t0s for profit used to be:
    Errant body, Zenith mitts, Zenith slacks (nq should be profit, but 2 synths with siren's hair x2 so watch yourself), blessed hands/legs, dalmaticas

Material costs should drop at the same rate as the t0 hqs, but do a little math and make sure you aren't getting screwed first. Also, make sure you synth on cap or higher. I have never Hqed anything with skill below the true cap for a recipe.
    I've had several t0s while I was under cap and skilling up. They were always accompanied by a skill up, too. Most of them useless (yay for more prism powders?) but some were nice at the time like an Omniscient ring I made before I was 95 goldsmithing.

On topic, though, I agree with this completely. Skilling up on big ticket items is even more feasible now than it was in the past because material prices have generally dropped across the board and a lot of NQs are selling for right around break even or sometimes profit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I would bet good Gil that you had support or were using +1 items so you were actually on cap. I have gone through nearly 700 levels of crafting now without seeing a t(-1) HQ. One time I thought I did, but it turned out the listed skill caps were wrong.
    Anyway, try to synth so your level meets or exceeds what you're trying to make.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The Omniscient ring I was wearing +skill items, however the most recent Prism Powder HQs that I had while leveling a mule (I had 2!! of them in a batch of 50 synths or so >.>) didn't have +1 items (not high enough level) and had no support whatsoever (was synthing next to the dbox guy so I could send the results to a mule).

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Random question bump. . .

So I recently picked the game back up after a hiatus, stopped with my Clothcraft at 90-ish. Anyways looking to finish it out and was hoping to save some cash by farming the Arachne webs. So here is my issue, I have been down to Kuftal 7 or 8 times now, everytime staying between 3 and 8 hours and I haven't seen this bastard once. Now if my luck is truly that bad fine, but I'm beginning to think I'm not killing the right Recluse Spiders.

Can anyone say which spiders are place holders? The spiders I am killing are on the 2nd map (as if you're heading for Yowie), I go past an opening with several spiders and a raptor and into a tunnel with a single spider and raptor that opens into another larger area with 2-3 spiders and a raptor. These are the ones I am killing (including the one in the second tunnel) and as I said haven't seen the bastard once.

Appreciate any insight.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

There's a somewhat recent discussion somewhere on here where I tested the idea of Tier -1. I swore on everything holy that I had HQ'd while below the cap before and I was out to prove it. After around 800-900 synths I still had not HQ'd a single synth below cap and admitted defeat.

It was using a darksteel bolt synth while my skill was capped at 60 and the synth was 62.

edit: god damnit the post I am replying to is from 2010...

Dwindlin - If you do not find an answer here try the RQT thread in the standard advanced forum

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Dwindlin - If you do not find an answer here try the RQT thread in the standard advanced forum
    Hey thanks for the heads up. Honestly when I made the post I wasn't exactly sure where I should post it...I chose here because I couldn't find any Arachne specific threads and it is tangentially related to my Clothcraft.