BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Why would you even need a silver piece, there are people that don't set their HP to home nation still?
    I'm still HP'd in WG. Quick access to AH and Assault/Salvage, quicker access to Jeuno for Abyssea Stones, MMM, and until recently Limbus outweighs any benefit of HPing at home nation. While I can see why some ppl HP in home nation, there's a good chunk of people who don't gain much from it~

Banned.

BG Level

I used to leave my hp in sandy, with my home nation being windy, so i could get anywhere quickly (windy was hp, sandy was wg->warp taru, and bastok was altep->escape), but then i used to go to the other cities more often, so yeah.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I never understood why anyone with a BLM sub for Warp and Whitegate warps would set their HP in Whitegate, I know too many people who do. If you have the OPs, you can get almost anywhere in less then 15 minutes.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acidious View Post
    I never understood why anyone with a BLM sub for Warp and Whitegate warps would set their HP in Whitegate, I know too many people who do. If you have the OPs, you can get almost anywhere in less then 15 minutes.
    You can still get anywhere within 15 mins with your hp set in wg. It adds 30 seconds to your travel time using an op warp, and saves you 30 seconds for everything else.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    You can still get anywhere within 15 mins with your hp set in wg. It adds 30 seconds to your travel time using an op warp, and saves you 30 seconds for everything else.
    Scratch that, travel time isn't the problem, but in my opinion, the silver piece is a greater loss then just setting HP in a home town. Spending 300 gil if you need to go to Whitegate compared the IS/Gil of a silver piece whenever you need to visit the main continent is a lot less spent. They both have benifits, but generally more time is spent on the mainland then in Aht Urghan.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Hey way to totally miss the point of my screenshot guys D:

Also HP in WG too~

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

It depends on what you do. I was on a VNM spam period when going for my Strigoi Ring, so Sandy HP looked a lot better than Aht Urghan. However, quick access to the AH and Jueno may be better if you spam Abyssea.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I like my WG homepoint. Sandy is dead, at least whitegate you can get entertained by the retarded shouts!

I HP in home town for the speed (Almost just as fast as WG i know with silvers) but most importantly saves money. Half the time you can't find teles and i have all the OP, even the ones next to the nations. With chocobo neck>OP near a nation>Abyssea, if i really need AH i have tav ring. I changed to home nation when I burned almost 20 silvers in one day doing missions, abyssea fame, and HNM's. Pissed me off so i said fuck it, i would rather OP>Qufim to get to jeuno, or taru>WG>jeuno if i was feeling lazy.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    i would rather OP>Qufim to get to jeuno
    It's kind of sad that 5 minutes of your time isn't worth 1k.

I rarely need to go to jeuno maybe once a week at the most? Rest of the time i'm OPing places, if you add up over the week i was using silvers to go to my hometown to OP its much more than 1k.

Edit: Doesn't help that my LS is really slow on gathering for anything, so there is no difference in warping to jeuno and standing there for 30 mins, then walking 5 and standing for 25.

Banned.

BG Level

Ok, that's fine. I don't care if you hp in wg or your home nation (or even a different nation). The only significant difference between the two is cost, which for most people is going to be either roughly the same, or slightly cheaper to hp in wg, but not for everyone. That's fine.

However, OPing to qufim, then running to jeuno is retarded. It takes ~5 mins, when you could spend 30 seconds to wg->warp taru which costs all of 1.3k. Qufim op is what? 300g? So you save ~1k, at the cost of 5 minutes. That's fucking retarded.

I'm a cheap bastard.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

too bad time is money!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyriu View Post
    too bad time is money!
    No one asked you to bring logic into this.

Then the people that are slow should be paying me for my time standing in jeuno waiting for them.

Banned.

BG Level

You could just leave later then.

Nation has storage. Any decent player has enough gear they need to keep some jobs' ra/ex in there, so nation HP is win. End.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Nation has storage. Any decent player has enough gear they need to keep some jobs' ra/ex in there, so nation HP is win. End.
    You have to have more than 3-5 jobs to be a decent player?

Maybe it was going a bit far to say decent, but most players have in excess of 6-8 jobs nowadays. I'd be interested in seeing the % of the playerbase that has maat's cap.. because I think it's broken 10 now.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast