Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    It's a reasonable price, but it's not like farming feet is difficult.
    Silly. Creating a relic weapon isn't difficult, but that doesn't make refusing a potentially massive jump to the front of the line any less retarded.

Anyone refusing to pay 100k for a pair of relic feet that they want to obtain in a timely manner(people with an "I'll get it when I get it" mindset notwithstanding) has no grasp of opportunity cost.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Nothing in FFXI is difficult~

Was bored and haven't seen my buddies in a while so paid them a visit not too long ago.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

You must want to get banned pretty bad

Banned.

BG Level

Cry not to cry.

I'd gladly pay way over that for nin boots atm (no idea what's reasonable, but I'd prob drop 500k without even thinking about it)....shit just never drops, everything else rains. I think 20k is a bit low...people pay 100k for seals, which are far far easier to get than a specific pair of boots.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I would pay 150k for WHM feet, I think.

I've never seen them drop.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'd pay 200k for whm brd and blm feet if i was offered for that lol...fuck those things!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

hahah, looks like i'm missing all the fun.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Too all you people responding to me: You can get it while you're completing objectives independent of the AF3 feet themselves (XP+INT Rings+Key items). Do you do that with relic? Sure, if you still need fucking Dynamis-Sandy gear by the time you finish your gear. Is it difficult? No, exactly as a said. Are other things difficult? Not if we use your fucking retarded definition of "Everything except (All the ways we use the term difficult here) constitutes difficulty." Is it a reasonable price? Duh, that's what I said. 100k for seals is fucking ridiculous considering how easily you can obtain them (Though +2 items would be well worth the time unless you're completing Empyrean weapons in the process).

Edit: Before one of you guys fucks it up again, let me make this clear. It's not about whether 100k is reasonable. It's about whether someone is being ridiculous for not buying the piece for 100k. Just because something is a reasonable price, that doesn't obligate me to buy it.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Just because something is a reasonable price, that doesn't obligate me to buy it.
    When did somebody tell you to?

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    His Cap'n Crunch box talks to him.

Edit: Before one of you guys fucks it up again, let me make this clear. It's not about whether 100k is reasonable. It's about whether someone is being ridiculous for not buying the piece for 100k. Just because something is a reasonable price, that doesn't obligate me to buy it.
    I'm sorry, but someone selling feet for 20k definitely qualifies as random fail in my book, and it would be quite ridiculous for anyone who was missing a pair of feet for a job they had/used/wanted to not buy them for 20k. 20k is less than the cost of many pop items...you could buy it and go farm murex for 1 drop. Really, if Murex dropped an item like 10% of the time that you could trade for any pair of boots, you wouldn't go farm it up? So yes, it is ridiculous to not buy it, but you're right - you aren't obligated to buy it. You also aren't obligated to buy Hachiryu Haidate for 1 gil out of some guy's bazaar that is quitting - but it'd be ridiculous not to.

The reality is you'll get -some- feet while farming your objectives, but its quite likely you'll be missing some. And 100k is (or was...) a reasonable price for seals (Price may drop as more and more people complete the pieces they needed)...I think you're overrating the value/difficulty of obtaining gil here. I can -easily- make 800k faster than I can complete a specific piece of AF3+1. I've also spent a good ~30 hrs now either solo farming, or cleaving in Vunkerl trying to get Nin base item for feet and still don't have it, 100k would be a steal for me on them, 500k sounds perfectly reasonable.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I guess im the only crazy person that just gives away feet/seals if we dont need em. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I guess im the only crazy person that just gives away feet/seals if we dont need em. lol
    We give em away...just usually to LS people and such...there's easily enough time if you say when it drops for someone in Jeuno (or anywhere in the world with an instant warp+jeuno HP) to make it there to lot with minutes to spare. Plenty of mules can use it/etc...but ya, I'd gladly pay for nin base shoes.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    To insinuate that someone is a fool or a moron for not buying a piece of gear is to suggest that if you're not a moron, you will buy the piece of gear. People often suggest that if you're a good player, you cannot be a moron. They also ask (At least here) that you be a good player. Therefore, by combination of contropositive, modus tolens, and hypothetical syllogism, people are saying to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    I'm sorry, but someone selling feet for 20k definitely qualifies as random fail in my book, and it would be quite ridiculous for anyone who was missing a pair of feet for a job they had/used/wanted to not buy them for 20k. 20k is less than the cost of many pop items...you could buy it and go farm murex for 1 drop. Really, if Murex dropped an item like 10% of the time that you could trade for any pair of boots, you wouldn't go farm it up? So yes, it is ridiculous to not buy it, but you're right - you aren't obligated to buy it. You also aren't obligated to buy Hachiryu Haidate for 1 gil out of some guy's bazaar that is quitting - but it'd be ridiculous not to.
    Analogy misses the point.
    1. I can't resell AF3 as I can with Hachiryu Haidate.
    2. It's not unreasonable for someone to pass the feet if they believe they will receive it in the near future anyways. Whether you hold the antecedent to be true depends on personal experience and goals that coincide with AF3 feet farming.

I agree that gil isn't a taxed commodity as it was before, so I share you view that I might be overvaluing gil. As for the feet issue, it's probably just shitty luck. We had 3 NIN feet in our last run (Last 2nd/3rd one free to the people leeching). The only feet I've yet to see doubles/triples of (And note that I've only done ONE active farming session) is DNC.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    We give em away...just usually to LS people and such...there's easily enough time if you say when it drops for someone in Jeuno (or anywhere in the world with an instant warp+jeuno HP) to make it there to lot with minutes to spare. Plenty of mules can use it/etc...but ya, I'd gladly pay for nin base shoes.
    Sadly, my "ls" is like, 3-4 people, lol. We have done that before. We went to Vunkler JUST to farm SCH feet for one person because we felt bad that she was having a hard time getting them.

We usually just give them away because its nice to see some people so shocked over a random act of kindness and karma always seems to come into play. Id say a good portion of them remember that and either offer us feet/seals for free or over us spots when their LS does NMs for atma etc.

I know, I know, don't be a gimp and just get your own feet/seals/atma but meh.

Wish I could give you your NIN feet. We have given a few pairs away.

We tend to just give away shit, too. Killed the Executioner a few times in Mis one night, nobody wanted PUP accessories... /sea zone, /t PUP "IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY!"

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad