Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    this this this this this this this

BEST part of the original fft

Absorb power in the sky and strike, Lightning stab!

the JP psp version had these I think -_-
    "Layer upon layer make your mark now...Haste!" - First time I ever played the game I didn't get this and to this day I don't get it lol.

Some other quotes worth mentioning:

"Lost energy, raise the heartrate! Life Drain!"

"Know, live, become a frog! Frog!"

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    "Layer upon layer make your mark now...Haste!" - First time I ever played the game I didn't get this and to this day I don't get it lol.

Some other quotes worth mentioning:

"Lost energy, raise the heartrate! Life Drain!"

"Know, live, become a frog! Frog!"
    Oh man, I used nearly all of the samurai draw-out quotes for XI macros when I first started, by far the most obnoxious and retarded macros possible lol

Also shit yeah avatars.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I like some changes, like storyline fights scaling with your own levels, but some of the most fun I have in FFT is grinding the shit out of my non-ramza party early on, inviting random enemy humans, stealing their loot and booting them out, and having chapt 3-4 gear by the Algus battle.

Some of these changes make that neigh impossible. i wish we could toggle on and off what we want, because theres a lot of good meat in there.
    I played (tried) hacktics until Dorter Trade City raped the shit out of me numerous times. You can load up the save between the Tactics and Hacktics if you want. I tried to cheat by leveling in Tactics just a little, and ended up replaying Tactics lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

once when i was making sweet sweet love to my ex the nut got away from me and she just kinda stared for a while until i dropped "don't blame me, blame yourself, or God." before hopping on a nearby chocobo and making my escape into the darkness and the rain.

Also, this was/is my favorite Final Fantasy. For the story to delve so deeply, for a videogame of the time, into class relations and Church scandals which could be read as an extended metaphor, and even propagate limited brain churning on the nature of knowledge, was something else to a young kid who had yet to fully appreciate the artistic potential of interactive media.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My friend rented this when it came out and we couldn't figure out how to save. Who reads instructions? I took the game home and after messing around figured it out. Bought it the next day after staying up all night playing. My first play through glitched after I got Mustadio and I received 99 of every item in the game. It was glorious. I ended up beating this game over 50 times. This and FF6 took a good chunk of my life away. I'm not sure if it was the story or the game play or a combination of both. But this game is my Holy Grail of video games and especially anything with Final Fantasy attached to it.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

This is pretty retarded, but I've had FFT on the brain lately and saw a post from Elmer about FF bots on twitter and the FFT help guide bot just posts random help messages from the game, though they get fucked-up in the google translation, lol http://twitter.com/FFT_helpmessage/

"Today's lipsticks, I wonder what color to yo." Sharon
    "Well done war unemployment." Geiler
    "Astrology? I believe, something like that." Amal Cancer
    "The Birds, swelling of the throat, I want to touch it a little!" Valerie

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Never ever found the exit in NOGIAS.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    hacktics if you want a challenge
    this x10

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hacktics is fucking amazing, just finally beat the Thieves Hideout after hours of attempts/grinding. Heavily abused save state to do it too, heh. Wasn't able to find any random mobs for gear upgrades in my grinding battles though, if I had maybe things would've been different.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So...I went to this thread to decide, download the PSone version on PSN, or buy the WoTL umd. It seems to be a toss-up. If i understand it, the localization is easier to follow on WoTL, but the PSX version runs better, has better audio quality, and has more "flavor" in the localization. Any recommendations?

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Randolf_Carter View Post
    So...I went to this thread to decide, download the PSone version on PSN, or buy the WoTL umd. It seems to be a toss-up. If i understand it, the localization is easier to follow on WoTL, but the PSX version runs better, has better audio quality, and has more "flavor" in the localization. Any recommendations?
    Stay with the psx version, if only to be able to play hacktics.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The anticipated Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions hits the iOS this Thursday, August 4. The game is only compatible with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch. Square Enix’s blog states that an iPad version will hit later this month. This game is awesome and I’ll be checking it out as soon as it launches for the iPad. Above is a gameplay video that shows off the game’s impressive touch controls. Sucks to be a DROID user.
    http://blog.machinima.com/insidegami...-ios-august-4/
    https://member.eu.square-enix.com/en...phone-thursday

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuuuuck, iPad? I will have to buy it. What's the price going to be, like $18? -_-

I'm usually pretty disappointed by touch-screen control implementation, but this looks pretty well-done.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Oh god DAT MUSIC :X

Nothing makes me want to spend money on SE games like listening to the music. Gotta go home now and hug my black-label version of FFTactics PSX.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I'm not familiar with specifically what the lag was in the PSP version, but they do abilities and spells towards the end and there didn't seem to be any there in this version. Looks really, really awesome but I can imagine all touch control could become a little tedious after hours.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sucks to be a DROID user.
    Wait what? I played it on my OG Droid.

I might have to get a iPhone when my contract is up just for this.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    I'm not familiar with specifically what the lag was in the PSP version, but they do abilities and spells towards the end and there didn't seem to be any there in this version. Looks really, really awesome but I can imagine all touch control could become a little tedious after hours.
    You're crazy, that video has huge lag on all the skills. Even just the basic cure animation had a crapton of slowdown!

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Was there? Watching it again but I'm like 90% sure you're actually a jerk.

e: okay no yeah, I guess I was looking for like BRRRRAAAAUGHHHHHH BOOP lag and overlooked it, that's balls.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

It's exactly the same way in the PSP version. It doesn't seem particularly notable on smaller stuff, but it seriously runs at like 50% speed during almost all animations. For longer stuff it not only makes them way longer, but there's a massive amount of sound desync from the animation and the effect actually hitting, it's stupid. Looks like it's the same way here... you'd think they could fix it within 4 years but I guess not.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Certainly, especially given what I would hope will be really healthy sales for one old-ass game, you'd think they'd shine it up to at least match the original. Then again either way I'm just more mad that after now releasing this on 2 different platforms, they still haven't released a true sequel or at least something recycling the gameplay into anything at all, whether it's an FF or fucking cactuar beach fantasy EX.