Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Oh man, you don't know true pain until you have to restart your game 'cause you're stuck at a certain castle.
    Lmao, yup.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh man, you don't know true pain until you have to restart your game 'cause you're stuck at a certain castle.
    Most people who played back in the day know this experience.

Now those same people can probably beat the game in their sleep.
    LOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

This game taught me to keep multiple updated saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    FFT was always pretty easy, WotL just made it ridiculously so. Luso and Balthier are almost as broken as Orlandeau IMO.
    I still need to play WotL just so I can play Balthier though

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Most people who played back in the day know this experience.

Now those same people can probably beat the game in their sleep.
    Spoiler: show

Assuming that's the one you're talking about, oh the memories...

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The worst part about that was, I couldn't beat Wiegraf without a certain piece of equipment which I couldn't get because I had saved in the castle. So I restarted the game and tried again and finally beat him. Only to promptly have my ass handed to me by the dreaded Zodiac transformation.

I learned to fear that transformation sound and the music that followed lol. Unfortunately none of the later Zodiac fights ever matched up to this first one in terms of difficulty.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^I think part of the reason for this is that your team becomes just that more awesome the farther down the story you go (assuming you accept the NPCs to your team). Eventually you have such a wide array of different skills available to you that fight mechanics aren't as critical as earlier and you can bulldoze your way through stuff by sheer power.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, that and the first zodiac dude you fight has skills you just can't account for ahead of time. AoE Sleep/Doom... I mean who saw that coming?
    And then the one in the vid above is strong enough that he can normally one-shot your dudes at that point in the game unless you did some grinding and whatnot. Its just that they are unexpectedly strong and the later ones don't really have much to throw at you that's on the same level especially since most of those fights take place in Ch. 4 and you get so much in the way of OP characters and gear in Ch. 4 that it isn't even funny.

I mean, even if you don't poach you can steal a chantage from Meliadoul and everything you can get just stays on that level of overpoweredness.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Meh, wear a white robe, absorb holy, and laugh at him. Lots. But yes, I think everyone ran into the brick wall that is called Wiegraf on their first try.

Fighting the assasins wasn't much better if you didn't prepare for that fight either. What's that? Killing Rafa on turn 3 because she was stupid enough to run straight at you on the first turn because she's naked and has no speed penalty? Thanks, Obama.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Meh, wear a white robe, absorb holy, and laugh at him. Lots. But yes, I think everyone ran into the brick wall that is called Wiegraf on their first try.

Fighting the assasins wasn't much better if you didn't prepare for that fight either. What's that? Killing Rafa on turn 3 because she was stupid enough to run straight at you on the first turn because she's naked and has no speed penalty? Thanks, Obama.
    God fucking fuck the assassin fight. Ugh.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The assassin's right after were a bitch, but not nearly so much because that fight needed luck more than preparation. You could try it a few times and get through. Wiegraf and his Zodiac though, if you didn't prepare before hand you were fucked. Especially if like most people you had saved right before the fight lol.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Meh, wear a white robe, absorb holy, and laugh at him.
    Not even necessary, there's so many ways to gimp him. Hell, if you have the squire ability set you just can't lose unless you want to.
    But that wasn't even my point, everyone who has already been through it knows what to expect... I'm not even talking about from our terms.

I wish people would stop even bothering to bring up how "easy" the shit is looking down their nose or whatever... we all know how to truck the entire game now. Its nothing new and its not what is being discussed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i do remember that fight being brutal.

till i learned that speed plus fixes everything.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hardest battle for me in the entire game was the all chocobo fight. Choco Meteor is fucking BRUTAL and the frustration of the heals.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

What river was that with the 10 billion chocos... Yeah that was a hot mess. I did like the "speciality" fights, though. The all Samurai one at the dead forest and all Monk one at the road were fun. Never did find an all-Ninja one.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everytime I get a random battle with a Chocobo I target it like it killed my parents in cold blood. Those bastards shouldn't have the range/power that they have. At least they're squishy.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FFT 1.3 or w/e Insane difficulty + Wiegraf fight was fun as hell.

And by fun as hell, it took me a few days of resetting many times over.

But god damn did it feel good when I finally won that.

God damn what I'd do for a real new FFT game.

the special battle on belius(sp?) hill was fucking insane at high level, bunch of godlevel hydras/behemoth/something elses, poach city

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Is there an Android version available yet?
    No =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    FFT 1.3 or w/e Insane difficulty + Wiegraf fight was fun as hell.
    And by fun as hell, it took me a few days of resetting many times over.
    ^ This, so much

If you want a harder (but still fair) FFT, get the 1.3 mod. The game will go back to being about as hard as it was for you on your first run through

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Golgotha Execution Site is really the first roadbump if we shelve Fort Zeakden and Argath at the end of chapter I.

But yes, everyone gets the collective "What the fuck?" at Belias. Woe be onto you if you've played Ramza as a mage character because you're gonna have a bad time.

It's funny because Tactics Ogre warns you before entering multi-phase battles in castles. If only that were in the original Final Fantasy Tactics.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Ah yes. The dreaded Riovanes fights...

Assassins on the roof definitely takes the cake for me purely because of the sheer amount of luck it took for Rafa to NOT fuckin' engage the three baddies by herself, which usually followed with Murasama + Shadowstitch + Stop Breath before I can even do anything.

You would not believe the relief that came from me when after countless resets, Rafa finally ran back to where my party was and didn't die on the first few turns. I swear I was dying of joy back then haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast