+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Firefall - NDA lifted     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

was that voice over done by David Lodge? holy fuck you know this will be a good game

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Do they have the system requirements for this anywhere yet? It looks amazing but I don't think I'll be able to play it on my piece of shit computer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Aggg. Double post. damn you internets.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I don't think there's any official word on that yet.

But seems like they're working on it, there's a request to post specs on their forum though: http://www.firefallthegame.com/commu....77/#post-2874

Keep in mind though, they've said their engine can handle hundreds of players at the same time. So I don't know how well it will scale on older hardware.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Hopefully some BG people get invites so we can all play it. I'm definitely interested in one if people do!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cool interview.

And yea, I'm bumping the thread. But this game deserves it dammit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anybody get invites that wants to share? o.o

Relic Shield
    BG Level

invites anyone? anyone wanna share the wealth? get all of bg into firefall!

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Signed up a few weeks ago, nothing yet invite wise. I imagine the list is huuuuge and the incoming waves small.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yea as far as I know they are still in the first phase and no additional invites have been sent out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some new Videos

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Suhweet. Looking good.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Epic.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Has anybody gotten a bloody invite for this yet? Want to play it sooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nopez, not yet..

PS: Just to be clear. This isn't an MMO, blablabla, devs have mentioned it many times. Don't mind it being in here though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That top video is awesome! I am so pumped for this game. Is Dec 2011 release still a go?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Well, I actually had no clue. But someone pointed me to this. It seems they already consider themselves "launched", but not in the traditional sense:

The game doesn't have a traditional "launch" like other games (esp paid games). Firefall is in a period of what we call "Exclusive Beta" which is based on a g-mail style invite system. There is no closed beta, open beta, launch phase as you find with other online games.

Much like Minecraft, we will be in beta stage for quite awhile (past December), even our store will be in "beta test" mode for those who would like to try it (not a requirement at all, and never will be. Firefall is F2P). During this time, we will be inviting more and more players, and release content slowly as we get beta feedback and improve the game and the store. We haven't wiped characters thus far, but we will probably do so prior to the open world test, and many times after that. Current testing shows us that we will probably need to wipe even after December if that's what it takes to make a great game. We're not rushing this, and we're working hand in hand with our beta testers. We will also announce when wipes are over during beta so people will know about it beforehand.

Unlike Minecraft, our exclusive beta is by invitation only. Either you are invited from our pool of forum members, or you are invited by a friend who has available invites and who is already in the beta test program.

At some point, there will be so many invited testers that the game might as well be considered "launched." By that point, we will drop the beta tag and drop the invite system, and have the game available for download by anyone. We don't have any planned date on this, and we don't expect to ever have one. Like G-mail, the beta tag will just disappear one day.
    It seems like they're highly favored towards active forum members on their boards, that kinda sucks.

And here is an update on beta progress (posted today):
    Hey there,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on where we're at with our beta testing and when you might expect to get an invite. We've been running twice a week beta tests for the past few weeks and the results have been very promising. Most of this testing has involved things on the server-side, rather than balance or client issues. We wanted to make sure we had a nice stable infrastructure before introducing new bugs into the scenario.

We are currently working on putting together a new client for release to our beta testers. There are a whole lot of changes in that build that need to all go through internal testing before beta testers have their taste. We hope that process will be complete this week so that we can get a new build out there shortly after Thanksgiving. Although, most of the team is taking some time off on Thursday and Friday to spend time with their families.

Once our beta testers have had a chance to prove that there's no catastrophic problems, we will begin inviting additional testers into the beta program. We are still finalizing the exact number of users, but we expect to see in excess of 3000 new testers in the next round.

I will be posting an update once we are ready to send out invites so that you all know when to check your e-mails. In the meantime, have a great Thanksgiving (for you Americans out there).

Cliff Notes:

Testing going well.
    Need to test new client internally and externally.
    Once new client is tested, and working, we will invite additional users.
    No exact dates yet.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, not going to do the whole forum active member thing. Will just wait and see if I get lucky

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well if they're going to be balanced about it they have to invite people who AREN'T active on the forums to build hype for the people that haven't really checked it out yet, right? RIGHT? /hopelogic

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks interesting, but I've never been able to play fps games because my brain says "OSHITWTF" and turns my body against itself. Maybe the 3rd person might be ok...