BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
    TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Salmijr View Post
    Normal Djinn (Helter skelter) will self destruct if you cast element of the day on them. Found that out the hard way. But yea, in a cleave type party, its rare. Think I only saw 2 do it in 2 hours. Not sure if it was elemental WS that triggered the 2 that blew up.
    Wow I guess we were lucky, never had to find that out

Finished DRK +2 Feet today, and went out to Bastok to test the set bonus.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2689/drkfeet.png

The set bonus was not visible after ~100 attack rounds using a signet staff. Since there was no change under capped conditions, it seems the bonus is quite literal and it's an attack+ based on HP%. Kinda disappointed since I find myself capped attack a lot. I plan to run further tests on high defense mobs like those new crabs to see if I can get any info on the potency or proc rate on set bonus.

For those who care, the Enhance "Occult Acumen" effect brings the MP->TP modifier up to 1.25.

Too bad it's MP based and not damage though...

As nice as it would be to have nuking viable, I don't see even this justifying Thunder III even on an MB, unless you're fighting some crap with very high PDT idk. Either way grats on the booties. Oh if only it was based on damage...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

so sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Any reason to not just bind/elemental dot to force an explosion to farm them?
    Don't think bombs will use SD without a viable target in range. At least between leveling BST and SMN on them at various points in the past, they never just randomly blew up when I was without a pet. Usually they'll just pop berserk if it decides to TP.

^ correct. It will simply fizzle if there's no target in range.

So ideally, get a SMN or two to keep it occupied.

Don't need all 3 to get set bonus? Either that or you have them legs but not showing in SS xD

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Villian View Post
    Don't need all 3 to get set bonus? Either that or you have them legs but not showing in SS xD
    Set bonus for other sets (SAM RDM) has been reported as cumulative.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Villian View Post
    nvm... already answered

Speaking of Unkai, how much does it boost Zanshin?

Enough to warrant meriting Ikishoten?

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Speaking of Unkai, how much does it boost Zanshin?

Enough to warrant meriting Ikishoten?
    Yoink!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just finished my PUP AF3 +2 legs yesterday and I get +10 to all of the puppet skills (+1s were +5) Need to test martial arts tonight. Any tips on a good way to do so?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dakana View Post
    I just finished my PUP AF3 +2 legs yesterday and I get +10 to all of the puppet skills (+1s were +5) Need to test martial arts tonight. Any tips on a good way to do so?
    check tp/hit

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Does anyone know what "Augments Dual Wield" and "Augments Innin" do?
    I saw on ffxi wiki that "Augments Yonin" adds counter but haven't been able to find anything else.
    these are just blind guesses but I would say augments Innin would increase critical damage and augments dual wield reduces the TP/hit penalty or adds double attack or maybe zanshin. Anyway, I'm very interested to hear any findings.

Would like to apologize in advance if it has already been answered and I've missed it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dakana View Post
    If you have capped magic skill and 5/5 magic merits, can you test if the automaton casts Fire V? There was a difference of 17 skill between StoneV and waterV, and a difference of 18 between waterV and aeroV, so +20 skill should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Yoink!
    How is that even remotely stupid? Other than overwhelm, SAM's group II's aren't that epic. Shiki is good for 1 point, and Blade Bash is situationally useful. Now granted you should have capped or as close to capped Acc as you can in any given situation yes, but even @ cap you can still miss on occasion. Was just curious if the boost to proc rate (and I'm assuming it's proc rate as what the hell else would it be?) is potent enough to warrant a few points to boost TP gain on Zanshin swings, as at 5/5 you get quite a lot of TP. It'd have to be something like 5% per piece though and I doubt SE is that generous.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
    Does anyone know what "Augments Dual Wield" and "Augments Innin" do?
    I saw on ffxi wiki that "Augments Yonin" adds counter but haven't been able to find anything else.
    these are just blind guesses but I would say augments Innin would increase critical damage and augments dual wield reduces the TP/hit penalty or adds double attack or maybe zanshin. Anyway, I'm very interested to hear any findings.

Would like to apologize in advance if it has already been answered and I've missed it.
    I can't say for certain cause I only tested for half an hour, but Augments Innin does not increase crit dmg from what I can tell.

Dex Sekka +1 is 43 dmg, my fSTR up cap should be 12, so my max crit is 173 on saruta mobs. Hit 173 crit dmg 8 times in half an hour without ever seeing my dmg go higher than that. The whole time I was one shotting random crap with innin and Zukin +2 while behind mobs. I suppose it's still possible... but I'd say highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    If you have capped magic skill and 5/5 magic merits, can you test if the automaton casts Fire V? There was a difference of 17 skill between StoneV and waterV, and a difference of 18 between waterV and aeroV, so +20 skill should be enough.
    Don't be surprised if nothing happens. I'm pretty sure you need to have the .dat so that the automaton can actually cast the spell, and if SE didn't put that in, well, no Fire V for us pups till next update when they add it in.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
    I can't say for certain cause I only tested for half an hour, but Augments Innin does not increase crit dmg from what I can tell.

Dex Sekka +1 is 43 dmg, my fSTR up cap should be 12, so my max crit is 173 on saruta mobs. Hit 173 crit dmg 8 times in half an hour without ever seeing my dmg go higher than that. The whole time I was one shotting random crap with innin and Zukin +2 while behind mobs. I suppose it's still possible... but I'd say highly unlikely.
    Terrific. thanks for the info.
    Have you seen or heard anything about the Augments dual wield?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    Don't be surprised if nothing happens. I'm pretty sure you need to have the .dat so that the automaton can actually cast the spell, and if SE didn't put that in, well, no Fire V for us pups till next update when they add it in.
    Do automatons or players need a specific .dat? >_> Cause Tier 5's have been in the dats for ages.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    How is that even remotely stupid? Other than overwhelm, SAM's group II's aren't that epic. Shiki is good for 1 point, and Blade Bash is situationally useful. Now granted you should have capped or as close to capped Acc as you can in any given situation yes, but even @ cap you can still miss on occasion. Was just curious if the boost to proc rate (and I'm assuming it's proc rate as what the hell else would it be?) is potent enough to warrant a few points to boost TP gain on Zanshin swings, as at 5/5 you get quite a lot of TP. It'd have to be something like 5% per piece though and I doubt SE is that generous.
    Is the extra TP going to low your Hit build a hit? If no, then its useless no matter what.