Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kojack View Post
    wow. way to contribute NOTHING.
    While I have to agree with you that Kannagi/Kamome is sweet; one could opt for a strength Sekka +1 and have potential for the next two updates. Clearly stacking crit with the RR atma is good. Yet outside of abyssea I don't think 10% crit dmg is huge. And if someone put in the work and DID have Kannagi/Kikoku, Who are you to say they're stupid for playing with their toys?

As far as your views on Dual Wield are concerned I think most ninja's like swinging fast. Assuming there is no cap on dual wield Ninja can reach 60% delay reduction (35% job trait, 5% suppa, 5% AF body, 5% Relic legs, 5% AF3 head and 5% Nusku's sash). I know, I know "GIVE UP BELT AND LEG HASTE FOR DUAL WIELD!?" but 10% reduction on your delay of 390 delay (Kannagi+Kamome) will make you faster than 13% reduction of 195 delay (Kannagi+Kamome -50% DW).
    Yes, you are giving up some recast time but ninja finally has a chance to be a respectable DD and I think that's what everyone is excited about.

Now I'm certain you'll have something to say but I won't be replying to any comments about how terribly wrong I am.
    However, should you like to offer any idea's or testing to the ORIGINAL question (Have you seen or heard anything about the Augments dual wield?) though I would be happy to discuss and bounce idea's of each other.

BTW I was wondering if it could be a possible haste augment like the Sam AF3 legs Augments: Hasso
    Thoughts/Ideas?
    No offense, but you don't seem to understand how this all works...first off, to even get your setup, you have to give up some of "Augments Dual Wield". I know, you want to know what it does, but I hope you're realizing that. Past that, your math is off. Lets assume 50% DW base (no belt/legs) and 49.5 haste (marchx2+haste[36.5magic]+head+feet+hands[+2+2, nq dusk=13]).
    Base delay = 390 * .5 * .505 = 98.475
    +10 DW delay = 390 * .4 * .505 = 78.78
    +12 haste = 390 * .5 * .385 = 75.075

Not only is your dual wield build swinging slower, but you get less TP per hit, lose Accuracy+8 Katana skill +5, and lose Enhanced Dual Wield.

The only way for your dual wield build to beat haste is with Shinobi Ring, and even then you still wouldn't use relic legs.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Notice how I said, Is it going to lower your hit build? IF, IF, IF no, then its useless.

Still just doesnt seem worth it. If you are at capped acc, you will miss 5% of the time, and only 45% of the time you miss, you will get a proc. So you are looking at less than a 2.5% proc rate?

Maybe its worth it, maybe its better than having stun up every 5 minutes. I just don't see it.

That said, im sure someone will come in with math showing how im stupid and should merit it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm doing Horns of War and it seems COR feet give a bonus to shooting successively.

http://defectiveimages.com/twofer.png

It's not firesday or watersday/weather?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It was Thundersday.

And doing more tests it seems it is 100% when you fire two in a row. I still need to time it to see how short it needs to be between to count as "in a row"

edit: Seems to be the second shot needs to be within 15 seconds.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I will test this tomorrow as i have the +1 as well....

Check to see if succesive QDs with different elements work. I tend to open most non-solo fights with some combination of elements to enhance RDM enfeebles; it would be nice to take advantage of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    Check to see if succesive QDs with different elements work. I tend to open most non-solo fights with some combination of elements to enhance RDM enfeebles; it would be nice to take advantage of it.
    Nope, has to be same element. Also it still works when recast is counting down, so you can fire before you're at 00:00 on the recast, but you have to fire second shot within the 15 second window. (So fire when Quick Draw is at 00:14 or below).

Also, if you use Random Deal and Quick Draw 2 more shots, they get the 10% bonus, too. Not sure if those all have to be within 15 sec of the first shot or the last one. I haven't done a mob with enough HP to test that part better.

So it boosts consecutive shots? That's kind of crappy isn't it? Forcing you to blow both charges at once.

Unless you can space them out so long as you don't switch elements?

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Confirmed, consecutive shots within 15 seconds of each other get a dmg boost
    Edit pics to support suteru

you're using earth shot on windsday with earth weather, still seems correct but that's a pretty awful test situation

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Old Merits
    BG Level

Given how COR is a support job, is it possible it gives "X-element magic damage taken +10%, duration 15s" rather than simply the 2nd QD attack?

Seems like that would be closer to SE's intended playstyle of COR as a support role to coordinate with BLMs.

Edit: VV I'd say that SE intended it to be support, which is what I meant. Either way, good point.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa View Post
    Given how COR is a DD job, is it possible it gives "X-element magic damage taken +10%, duration 15s" rather than simply the 2nd QD attack?

Seems like that would be closer to SE's intended playstyle of COR as a support role to coordinate with BLMs.
    Fixed this for accuracy

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by tenkiki View Post
    If you have capped magic skill and 5/5 magic merits, can you test if the automaton casts Fire V? There was a difference of 17 skill between StoneV and waterV, and a difference of 18 between waterV and aeroV, so +20 skill should be enough.
    Sorry forgot to post but it's a no go on Fire V. I imagine I'll have Fire V though as soon as we update before I even level .

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dakana View Post
    Sorry forgot to post but it's a no go on Fire V. I imagine I'll have Fire V though as soon as we update before I even level .
    i'm 99.9% sure highest tier of spells for Auto is Aspir II and Aero V at 333 skill current gear and merit cap is 345 if i remember right

meaning as long as you fight something weak to fire or not resistant to it, you'll get fire V shooting off next update

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Does the +10% Quickdraw also enhance enfeebles even more then normal?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Both of my friends with Masamune have reported 2k+ Crits on Abyssea XP mobs (RRatma) while in their WS gear (AF3+2 feet,legs) the theory is the Zanshin bonus is x2 damage. Oblit just got his +2 head which should lead to more procs since its a full time TP piece and the feet are not. Anyone else notice huge crit/attacks with AF3+2 SAM pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Both of my friends with Masamune have reported 2k+ Crits on Abyssea XP mobs (RRatma) while in their WS gear (AF3+2 feet,legs) the theory is the Zanshin bonus is x2 damage. Oblit just got his +2 head which should lead to more procs since its a full time TP piece and the feet are not. Anyone else notice huge crit/attacks with AF3+2 SAM pieces?
    Definitely not x2 damage on Zanshin, unless it's like some small chance on a Zanshin (5%?), but I've never noticed it, and now I've been swinging for 10minutes with a ~50% accuracy and haven't seen a single high #. It's also not extra TP, nor anything else noticeable. Haven't tested Unkai Sugemino at all.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard View Post
    Definitely not x2 damage on Zanshin, unless it's like some small chance on a Zanshin (5%?), but I've never noticed it, and now I've been swinging for 10minutes with a ~50% accuracy and haven't seen a single high #. It's also not extra TP, nor anything else noticeable. Haven't tested Unkai Sugemino at all.
    Then what explains the 2k crits.....thats x4 damage on a 106 weapon with RR. With Apoc my crits are maxing around 1260 on the same mobs. I called BS on Jomojo's 2k crit then Oblit said he's had the same proc. (Oblit said 2.4k crit) Guess we need SSs.