Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

I'm not saying RDM is a better to throw at things if you're looking for something that can be disposed of without consequence, I'm saying there's little to no risk of consequences from throwing competent RDMs at things. Too damn hard to kill with so much MP :s

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does the +2 Iga set bonus just further reduce delay of dual wield?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by carmancilla View Post
    Could not find any info on "Augments Innin" for Iga Zukin +1 (head) if anyone has done any tests or knows any data to point too. Was hoping Innin would work in front of mob even?lol
    Adds some extra double attack to Innin.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Adds some extra double attack to Innin.
    Ah thanks. Would be hard to test the amount I guess. Will try as much as I can tho including the Counter % for Iga leg +1 vs. abyss mobs and a few cheap NMs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

does the double attack proc only from behind?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    does the double attack proc only from behind?
    For what it's worth, I've only ever had it proc from behind. Given the nature of Innin, I can't imagine it'd ever proc anywhere else.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BRD in LS finished second piece of AF3 tonight and confirmed the 95% reduction in Scherzo and 100% annulment /w carol. He's fighting Ceulebre /w Earth Carol II and it can't damage him. Doesn't stop the slow though. =x Someone'll prob post pics soon~

EDIT:
    http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6678/earthcarol.png

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So Elemental attacks in any form are going to be pretty much bust as long as you drag a bard around (if they net the rest of their carols in the upcoming updates)? That's -damn- nice.

Seconding the Iga +2 set on it's Augment of Dual Wield. Anyone notice anything funky changed about Dual Wield?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

woo, brd even more broken

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok, normally don't keep up with BRD gear so forgive me if I'm being slow. BRD AF3+2 set bonus = 95% PDT with Scherzo (under procing conditions of course) and 100% (?) proc rate Shadow Ring effect via Carol II?

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Ok, normally don't keep up with BRD gear so forgive me if I'm being slow. BRD AF3+2 set bonus = 95% PDT with Scherzo (under procing conditions of course) and 100% (?) proc rate Shadow Ring effect via Carol II?
    The set bonus adds +1 stat for each additional AF3 piece beyond the first. (ie; With 3 AF3+2 pieces, Victory March adds +2 DEX. +4 when using both Marches.) When using just 2 pieces of BRD AF3 Scherzo shoots up to 95% and Carol II annulment shoots up to 100%. There's no reported additional bonus from adding extra pieces. I feel it's glitched/bugged and we'll see a fix by next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    BRD in LS finished second piece of AF3 tonight and confirmed the 95% reduction in Scherzo and 100% annulment /w carol. He's fighting Ceulebre /w Earth Carol II and it can't damage him. Doesn't stop the slow though. =x Someone'll prob post pics soon~
    Yea its really nice, we've been 6 manning Glavoid all weekend. Earth Carol II is the sex when you get 0 dmg disgorge over and over again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Easily 6-mannable without it anyway. This does sound pretty broken though.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirschy View Post
    The set bonus adds +1 stat for each additional AF3 piece beyond the first. (ie; With 3 AF3+2 pieces, Victory March adds +2 DEX. +4 when using both Marches.) When using just 2 pieces of BRD AF3 Scherzo shoots up to 95% and Carol II annulment shoots up to 100%. There's no reported additional bonus from adding extra pieces. I feel it's glitched/bugged and we'll see a fix by next update.
    Jesus fucking christ. Thanks.

Power to the Bards man, power to the fucking Bards.

In b4 SE Ninja nerfs it

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

After trying to figure out crit damage bonus on WAR +2 feet, I realized after reading Kirschys tests that ranged attacks takes 5min to test >.>

Mobs outside windurst, tiny mandy and bumblebees

Cerberus bow DMG72 and Bone Arrow DMG9. I don't know how fSTR and stuff works so i dunno what expected damage and such would be.

Tested naked anyway with and w/o feet and normal shots was always 423.
    Crits w/o AF3+2 feet: 555
    Crits w/ AF3+2 feet: 607

I'm not math person and just multiplying it doesn't make any sense to me.

Tested on rarabs too in case crits are weird.
    Normal: 339
    crit w/o: 444
    crit w/ : 486

So uh.. 10%~ish? D:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

WAR starts with 5% (from traits)

555/1.05 = ~528
    607/528 = ~1.15

So yeah, the feet are +10%. That's freaking incredible Raging Rush gear, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    WAR starts with 5% (from traits)

555/1.05 = ~528
    607/528 = ~1.15

So yeah, the feet are +10%. That's freaking incredible Raging Rush gear, all things considered.
    That's just insane all around. This means that WAR only needs RR & Feet to hit 45/50% crit damage. And if SE's wording is to be believed, WAR could be getting a second crit dmg bonus trait so yeah... very nice. In the mean time if you're desperate, brave grip brings you up to 48%? Close enough anyway to the cap. WAR is a beast, damn. So much for Sanguine Scythe, looks like DRG is still one of the only jobs that really has any use for it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    That's just insane all around. This means that WAR only needs RR & Feet to hit 45/50% crit damage. And if SE's wording is to be believed, WAR could be getting a second crit dmg bonus trait so yeah... very nice. In the mean time if you're desperate, brave grip brings you up to 48%? Close enough anyway to the cap. WAR is a beast, damn. So much for Sanguine Scythe, looks like DRG is still one of the only jobs that really has any use for it.
    I use Cavaros Mantle to put it at 48%, and Brave Grip can be used to cap it. I haven't found one yet to parse it out with, has anyone done the math on Brave vs the other grip options we have?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Brave grip really isn't that good. When people were advocating it, they assumed that crit bonuses were applied multiplicatively (they aren't). Assuming RR+VV, you have about a 54-60% crit rate depending what gear you wear:
    pDIFCrit*CritBoost*CritRate + pDIFNorm*(1-CritRate) = Damage
    3*1.48*.56 + 2*.44 = 3.366 (Perle Hauberk)
    3*1.5*.56 + 2*.44 = 3.4
    3.4/3.366 = ~1% increase in damage from using Brave grip

So you'd be better off with almost any other grip. Pole is less than a 2% increase, but more than a 1% increase. Claymore is a:
    3*1.48*.56 + 2*.44 = 3.366
    3*1.48*.59 + 2*.44 = 3.4396 ~2% increase

Rose potentially drops a hit. X-hit builds are nice to talk about, but Regain atma/being hit by multiple enemies if you're Cleaving/etc really fucks them up and makes specific X-hit builds less important while maintaining the general importance of STP.

Spear is technically a 3% damage increase, but you lose TP/hit which is important if you're retaliation tanking.

At the moment, Claymore or Rose appear to be the two best options.