1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post your UI setup!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Post your UI setup!

So I dont know if it is just me but i thought the customization of ff14s UI is kind of cool. I wasnt too satisfied with the default layout of the UI but I found this to be a bit more stimulating to the eye. Lets post some screenshots of UI to get ideas of a nice layout? If you think this topic is gay or whatever feel free to bash me for it but i thought it was appropriate. (inb4 burn it with fire)

spoiled for hueg lyke xbox

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry, but I'll be a little negative and bash you I think the amount of "customization" S-E gave us is laughable at best atm, therefore I don't think a topic like this is interesting. Moving a couple of bars around is not gonna make people go woo-woo at their "new UI". :<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I understand and appreciate your views but perhaps my mission was not to show off 'new UI' but to explore the best setup for FFXIVs UI. I do not enjoy the default UI and perhaps this thread was my subconscious venting about it.

After an evening of messing around with the UI I see its limitations so i wont fight that but I do believe a bit of discussion would be acceptable. Perhaps a completely new thread wasn't needed but I did not see a acceptable thread to put the discussion into. Obviously it is not a hot topic based on the views to replies ratio but perhaps the discussion should be put on hold until there is enough content for extensive conversation.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The default UI setup seems the most comfortable for me atm. I just made the chat box a lil bigger, but that's about it. Probably no reason to post screenshot either.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Dialog Window: Biggar
    Target HP: Biggar

That's about it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you should get a widescreen monitor euphoria D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

send me 250$? :D

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

interesting thread. i only made my chat window a bit larger but i rather like how you have yours and will try it out later so if it is better. had not messed with the target HP bars >.> may try moving those around as well. no screen shots at the moment but if i find a setup i like that is not so close to default i will see about posting it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm not very happy with how tiny the chat log is and where its placed. I can't read 90% of the shit that flies through there. I'll probably play around with this later. Will edit this post when i do.

Well, I tried messing around with it and the only thing I did was move the HP bar to the right and expand the chat window and stacked enemy HP on top of it. The problem with that is even though I expanded the chat window, the chat log from quests would still pop up on it... meh.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Interesting, thought I had played with most of the options and somehow seem to have missed this one In all honesty I'll probably make mine as close a replica as possible of the FFXI one as I kinda got used to that, over the years. The default FFXIV one is pretty much a carbon copy of the Guild Wars one which I never particularly liked (although as with FFXIV, it could be changed).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait, wut. Of all the things to toy with in FFXIV, I didn't even know THIS one existed. How do the controls work? Ctrl or Shift + Drag or something?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just grab with the mouse and drag.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The one thing I want to move, the NPC dialogue box... I can't.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh hey I know you.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The only thing I've modify? is making my chat dialog bigger. Everything else seems to be fine for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I wish SE spent more time on creating an appealing layout than one we could move. I was thinking about posting this because the default layout doesn't work from the start. Chat window is too small etc. I moved the target bar and Stamina Gauge around a little cause when I was in a big party it was partially hidden behind their status effects.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wish I could move the actions bar... :/

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

whats this....?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kainé View Post
    I wish I could move the actions bar... :/
    This...

The UI customisation is a joke. For instance the OP, doesn't your chatlog get covered any time you're on a leve? The game basically forces you to stick with the default layout.

I have mine like this atm tho

Keeps my eyes more in one place, rather then all over the screen like the default D: Hopefully I can move the A-bar soon

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Interesting. I haven't really played with the placement of items other than enlarging the chatbox. But, after seeing these screenshots, I am getting some ideas.