1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Note about Windower for 14

apparently a new site windowerxiv.com has popped up these past few days, we would like to officially state this website is NOT affiliated with http://windower.net. They have appeared to have copied our name....

Procede with caution in using that application. It might work just fine, and it may be 100% clean, but I am just stating that it was not created by anyone on the windower.net team, and is falsely named.

I did however create a basic psuedo windowed mode application while I was playing closed beta you can download here:

http://aikar.co/ff14windower.html

This app should never break, it doesnt do anything hacky, its nothing like the windower for 11. It simply hides borders off monitor so you get psuedo full screen.

Also as many know from IRC, I will not be playing Final Fantasy XIV, and I just got word from Cliff he also is not planning on playing or doing any applications for it. StarHawk and Nitsuj are unknown but to my knowledge StarHawk isn't planning on anything either.

So there isn't anything from us planned to come out for FFXIV any time soon... so if you see ANYTHING that says its related to Windower.net, it's 99% likely fake unless you see a topic on windower.net about it.

Be careful, this is a new game, and alot of new players unaware of the FF11 app dev community, so there will be risk of malicious software trying to peek its head in the 14 scene. I will open a 14 forum on windower.net if any of the app devs from our 11 community will be venturing into 14 too.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Made as per my instructions. Thank you Aikar.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

and if the author considers my post 'hostile', I don't mean it to be, but the app was pulled off very suspiciously...
    1) copying the name of our software
    2) not listing any author on the website or application.
    3) not referencing/announcing it on the well established communities

Pretty shady :/ so therefor, for the good of the community i am making this post as a 'warning'.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would like to add that the windower4 codebase has a branch that can be adapted to other games and it's not 100% that windower4 won't make the transition to 14 some day.

Just currently, I don't know that anyone is planning on doing it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi,

first I want to apologize if some of you are offended by the similar names. I was once a member of the windower community (but had nothing to do with it itself) and left when Cliff left.

My understanding was that no one of you wanted to code a proper windower for FFXIV, so I did.

Btw in case you wonder while the timing is so strangely perfect: It took just a week to fix the problems that were making the game unplayable for me, afterwards I decided to share it.
    There is a big thread @ffxivcore where you can see how this thing has developed.

So please, I know you did not meant it that way, but don't implicate that everyone who is not known to your community is untrustworthy, as I can still rembember that back at FF11 we used to use tools from ppl we also didn't knew.

Feel free to contact me if you have any problems or questions, we'll sure sort it out.

Hey Aikar, when the new windower is out, any chance you guys can set it so you can swap the IJLK camera control keys with the arrow control keys (used for action bar). The arrow key bindings cannot be unset so theirs no way to do this on our own. Very annoying, I'm used to doing camera control + movement with 1 hand and pressing macros with the other D:

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shuvo View Post
    Hey Aikar, when the new windower is out, any chance you guys can set it so you can swap the IJLK camera control keys with the arrow control keys (used for action bar). The arrow key bindings cannot be unset so theirs no way to do this on our own. Very annoying, I'm used to doing camera control + movement with 1 hand and pressing macros with the other D:
    Wont work. If you hit IJKL while typing, with it set like that, its going to fuck with you. Up/Down cycles through what you've said and Left/Right will go through what you're currently typing.

Can't dazzle with brilliance, Baffling with bullshit.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taube Teirn
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by StillerBaum View Post
    Hi,

first I want to apologize if some of you are offended by the similar names. I was once a member of the windower community (but had nothing to do with it itself) and left when Cliff left.

My understanding was that no one of you wanted to code a proper windower for FFXIV, so I did.

Btw in case you wonder while the timing is so strangely perfect: It took just a week to fix the problems that were making the game unplayable for me, afterwards I decided to share it.
    There is a big thread @ffxivcore where you can see how this thing has developed.

So please, I know you did not meant it that way, but don't implicate that everyone who is not known to your community is untrustworthy, as I can still rembember that back at FF11 we used to use tools from ppl we also didn't knew.

Feel free to contact me if you have any problems or questions, we'll sure sort it out.
    You're not known like the Windower team, that's the difference. Until you've made a name for yourself as a trustworthy 3rd party app developer, you'll be regarded with distrust. {Fact.}

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thats true, but then again FFXIV has a new community (which, I agree, contains ppl from the old one). The windower team is well known to ppl who played FF11, but unknown for ppl who just start with 14.

Kirb

Thats true, but then again FFXIV has a new community (which, I agree, contains ppl from the old one). The windower team is well known to ppl who played FF11, but unknown for ppl who just start with 14.
    Eh, don't take it too hard, bud.
    Cliff and the windower community weren't trusted right off the bat for XI, either. (Or even for a few years, for that matter.)

For what it's worth, your app has made the beta much more enjoyable for me, so I hope you continue working on it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wont work. If you hit IJKL while typing, with it set like that, its going to fuck with you. Up/Down cycles through what you've said and Left/Right will go through what you're currently typing.
    Except there already is a fix for it. Currently the guy has it so that you press a button to activate it and turn it off, but I believe he was working on making it automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Except there already is a fix for it. Currently the guy has it so that you press a button to activate it and turn it off, but I believe he was working on making it automatic.
    What guy? Where? lol

Only reason I'm not playing beta atm is cause of this annoying problem.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

http://ffxivcore.com/topic/13828-use...mera-controls/
    this might be what he is refering to.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I can't speak for everyone, but the only problem here is the unfortunately general name that FFXI "Windower" has. Calling your project "Windower XIV" will automatically, being a final fantasy game, elicit trust from the community (which isn't bad if you're a good dude) but will also associate your work with ours.

It's really not a huge deal, because we can't expect to own the word "windower" (since it's so vague) even though I as well wish you had picked a name that didn't cause the confusion.

(But honestly, I don't know what else you could have picked, which brings us back to the circular logic haha).

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

no offense, but I dont trust xivcore after their shady dealings during alpha and beta. Ill wait till somone from BG vets this new windower before I play with it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    no offense, but I dont trust xivcore after their shady dealings during alpha and beta. Ill wait till somone from BG vets this new windower before I play with it
    Shady dealings? Apparently I missed some things during the early phases. What happened? I don't want to be supporting people that aren't trustworthy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

@nitsuj: Hehe right, when I started with it, it was a plain window-mode-maker, so windower was describing it pretty good. Well, I guess its like the old windower: Started as "windower" and could now be called "game enhancer" or "needs to be used to have fun with FF11"
    Oh, as for the point of contacting the author: the page now has a mail adr and a small board :O

You have some grammar errors for the override window position tooltip and the image on your home page is stretched in such a way that some horizontal/vertical lines of pixels are displayed twice.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm confused, why do I have to change the settings to Window mode and set it to my desktop resolution? my resolution is 1920x1080, but I play the game @ 720 cuz my graphic card can't handle the game that good @ 1080p..
    Can I still play full screen if I run my desktop with higher resolution than the game using WindowerXIV? or will i just have a borderless box floating on my desktop ?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hmm right, currently you will have a floating box.
    But I'll fix that today for next version

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast