Page 159 of 179 FirstFirst ... 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Forgot to mention this a few days ago but while playing I found that it seems that guard counter seems to be more lenient when you are not attacking (which is why it seemed like it wasn't activating while I was attacking) but you CAN guard counter during the middle of an attack if you are particularly good on the timing. So... you can disregard the whole of the earlier conversation and attack to your heart's content.

Spam everything all you want and counter away.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had no fucking clue you could counter while attacking. Not that the game is hard, but that's made it sooo much easier.

Playstation Vita

So, so, so glad I bought ToHR and didn't hold out because of what's coming around the corner next week. I love the DS version immensely, but this Vita version plays so different it's not even really the same game. Chase Link is freaking awesome.

Multihit arte spam, Chase trigger, L+Atk, chase, L+Atk immediate again if weak mob, hold Atk and kill with finisher and get an extra 1.5grade is dumb lol

Can't wait to start making stupid crazy chains. I jacked up the female knight whose name already escapes me with some crazy 40hit or whatever, I didn't even throw in extra artes on the chase.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only issue I'm having is trying to figure out who's in the combat party.

Atm I'm using Kor/Beryl/Kunzite/Kohaku, but can tell I'll be needing to double on healers later in the game. Just not sure who I'd be dropping for Hisui

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The only issue I'm having is trying to figure out who's in the combat party.

Atm I'm using Kor/Beryl/Kunzite/Kohaku, but can tell I'll be needing to double on healers later in the game. Just not sure who I'd be dropping for Hisui
    Eh, you probably won't and shouldn't. Gotta work on dat guard and keeping shit in combos/in the air. Keep your items stocked and cook up a storm.

I'm not that far, but did they nerf Innes? She was beastly on DS; her hi-ougi wrecked fools.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I personally love using Ines, she's who I've been playing as for most of the game. Ines/Kohaku/Hisui/Beryl party has been wrecking everything.
    And while technically I'm doubling up on healers (since Kohaku can act as one) I don't use Kohaku as a healer at all. She's beastmode.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Coutering during attacks is good to know. Just have to get used to the timings now.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    Chase Link is freaking awesome.
    No kidding. More JRPGs need to let you Saiyan it up and just zip about pummeling the shit out of enemies.

Just a shame they're impossible to chain them with other members using a dualshock 3 on PSTV. I'd have to either use a dualshock 4 for its touchpad, or play it on my Vita.
    Spoiler: show
    For someone who's generally a noob at comboing in Tales games, I'm surprised this got racked up as much as it did this early in the game. Suffice to say this boss fight was over quick

Costume stuff always amusing in games that show them in cutscenes also.

Still using Kor because it feels wrong if I'm not playing the main protagonist.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fucked around with party makeup and found I like Kohaku using Heal AI, then Hisui on hit focused with Recover and his heals binded to the right stick.

And obviously Beryl, outside of someone healing she feels like the only essential party member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Coutering during attacks is good to know. Just have to get used to the timings now.

No kidding. More JRPGs need to let you Saiyan it up and just zip about pummeling the shit out of enemies.

Just a shame they're impossible to chain them with other members using a dualshock 3 on PSTV. I'd have to either use a dualshock 4 for its touchpad, or play it on my Vita.
    For someone who's generally a noob at comboing in Tales games, I'm surprised this got racked up as much as it did this early in the game. Suffice to say this boss fight was over quick

Costume stuff always amusing in games that show them in cutscenes also.

Still using Kor because it feels wrong if I'm not playing the main protagonist.
    There was a good sale somewhere on DS4s the other day... Not sure where I saw it but they were either 30 or 40.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Are you guys playing ToHR on Hard or Normal? I generally default to hard but for some reason I started on normal and have been rolling with it. Does hard give you better bonuses like some tales games / unlock further modes?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hard.

Also, you get higher bonus EXP (and Grade) as usual... not really sure if there are other bonuses, don't really care.
    You don't seem to need to play on Hard to unlock other difficulties though. Its not like some of them where xx number of battles on Hard unlocks the next higher difficulty or anything.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does hard affect things besides enemy stat bloat? I'm 8 hours in on normal and blazing through every encounter now due to juggling shenanigans + breaker + chain attacks. And what's the deal with TP in this game? It feels limitless even when I'm bashing out skill combos on every single enemy. I have yet to use any HP/TP recovery items.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I can't really compare it to normal having never played on normal.
    I can't really say. I doubt it other than the usual with certain enemies having access to MAs and other artes as has been the case in the past.

That's just a guess though.

You're also probably only using low cost artes--I know I can run out pretty easily doing multihit artes with Innes.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Someone find me a cfw for current vita os ( damn you Sony and blocking piracy!)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

A couple of people have asked about the post-game solo fights so I'll just paste something I wrote on GameFAQs for Shadow Ines; the strategy doesn't really change terribly much for the other melee characters, the artes and elements are different but the concept is the same.

It was quite the cheap tactic but its very safe and made the fight a painless win at Lv. 83 on Hard mode.

Skills:
    Add Combo 1/2
    Blunt Force
    Stun Extender
    Staggering Strike
    Critical
    Destroyer (vitally important)
    Cut to the Chase 2 (also important)
    Exploit Weakness (helps)
    Counterstrike
    Counterstun (helps)
    Body Guard 2
    Magic Guard 2
    Countermend HP
    Countermend TP
    TC Counterkeeper (important0
    Combo Tonic
    Combo Voltage
    Athelete I (helps if you don't have perfect movement on your own)
    Break Binder
    Exceed 1/2

Notable equipment:
    Nereis Flosse (for the extra TC)
    Thunder Badge (to exploit element weakness)

With these skills you only actually need two artes to win. All you need are Two Tourbillions and La Cle Rouge.
    Make Shadow Ines whiff an attack and then run away and use La Cle Rouge and then have her whiff again and then hit with Two Tourbillions, this should guard break her right on the spot and you have her open for whatever combo you want. Counter her when possible for the bonuses, if she's stunned or you get her in a Chase Link, that's the time to use and TP items if you need to; keep the pressure on until you run out of TP/TC. Repeat the process til she's dead.

If, for some reason, you do end up in a combo, just use a Lv1 Overlimit and escape it. Do what you need to do to make sure your HP is high enough for you to feel safe and then start from square 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Someone find me a cfw for current vita os ( damn you Sony and blocking piracy!)
    Afaik doesn't exist.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Found this today, guy claims it's legit, but doesn't wanna release the how to yet (need to finalize things i think)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

A video I thought might be interesting for our Hearts R players.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and was mighty impressed by that Beryl combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Galois View Post
    Has anyone picked up Freedom Wars? I'm curious about how well it plays in comparison to other Monster Hunter type games.
    I finally fell off the fence and picked it up last night. I've only barely scratched the surface so I can't really compare much yet. I will say there is a lot to learn, and so far it doesn't seem like it is going to be as easy as Toukiden (which was my abosolute only complaint with that one). I will let you know after I have given it some time this weekend!