+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 179 FirstFirst ... 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I can not speak for monster hunter, but it is not that bad to learn. It seems like a lot but your load is lessened if you play online(and I would say later in the game you kinda have to, shit gets kinda crazy) ai just does not cut it once you get far into it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm right to the point of getting Freedom Wars. The only issue is that I've been into other games that I am behind on releases altogether. Fantasy Life has held my attention for the last month almost exclusively, and Pokemon just released.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    I finally fell off the fence and picked it up last night. I've only barely scratched the surface so I can't really compare much yet. I will say there is a lot to learn, and so far it doesn't seem like it is going to be as easy as Toukiden (which was my abosolute only complaint with that one). I will let you know after I have given it some time this weekend!
    That's good to know; I loved Toukiden so much, but it was far too easy. That won't stop me from picking up the new Toukiden next year since I just loved it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I can not speak for monster hunter, but it is not that bad to learn. It seems like a lot but your load is lessened if you play online(and I would say later in the game you kinda have to, shit gets kinda crazy) ai just does not cut it once you get far into it.
    I'm a little torn on this. As long as the online is active, I'm fine going online. I guess I better just go ahead and pick it up so I can get into some online games before it dies down.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Galois View Post
    I'm right to the point of getting Freedom Wars. The only issue is that I've been into other games that I am behind on releases altogether. Fantasy Life has held my attention for the last month almost exclusively, and Pokemon just released.

That's good to know; I loved Toukiden so much, but it was far too easy. That won't stop me from picking up the new Toukiden next year since I just loved it so much.

I'm a little torn on this. As long as the online is active, I'm fine going online. I guess I better just go ahead and pick it up so I can get into some online games before it dies down.
    Well there are two ways to look at it really, want a really hard challenge? Fight it with the ai. Want a less frustrating fights? Fight it online.

Just like MH games in that regard. Sucks to fight some of the higher post-story stuff without real people to actually do things.

I don't mind jumping online if offline is unfairly brutal, my main concern is that this doesn't have the fanbase that MH games do, so most people are Code 8 at this point so there aren't a lot of lower Code rooms for people just getting it like myself. I assume creating my own low Code room is an option, but will likely just get OP players joining them anyway and then tearing the mission apart in minutes with little challenge. If that ends up being the only option later on, then whatever, it is what it is.

I am having a lot of fun now, though, just working through the missions myself.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Things don't get unbearable till around what code 7? I think

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I ended up picking up Freedom Wars. I really like it so far, but it's taking a little getting used to for me. I've only had time to get a few missions in so far, but I plan to play quite a bit more over the long weekend.

Hit Code 4 tonight, still having fun!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm going to have to try and catch up so we can play.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

On the subject of the ease of each of the games, I'm still gonna say that Four Horsemen was harder (to me) than any other single mission in any of the other hunting games.
    Toukiden was mostly easy but it had its challenges too, lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

http://www.ftc.gov/system/files/docu...25sonycmpt.pdf

Spoiler: show
    The Federal Trade Commission, a US-based government agency, has found Sony guilty of "deceptive acts or practices" in regards to its advertising of the Vita at launch, and now it must pay back to all those who purchased the handheld before 1st June 2012.

Those affected will receive an e-mail notification from Sony offering a $25 cash refund or $50 in credit, the FTC announced.

So what did Sony violate, exactly? Let me count the ways.

First off, its ads suggested that the handheld device would support Remote Play with any PS3 game, so you could play it on the go. In actuality, that feature ranges from title to title. In fact, there were even ads showing someone playing Killzone 3 on the Vita, despite the fact that the game doesn't feature Remote Play support. Whoops!

"Very few, if any, other PS3 games of similar size and complexity are remote play compatible," the ruling noted.

Furthermore, Cross-Saving between PS3 and Vita was an advertised feature that was suggested to be available to all titles, when in fact this also ranges based on the title in question. Ads made it look like you could stop a PS3 game at any time then resume it on Vita, when lots of games either didn't offer this option at all or only offered it in a limited capacity. For example, MLB 12: The Show offered Cross-Save, but only between lengthy full nine-inning games. Needless to say, this wasn't a very convenient way to swap your progress back and forth, yet that's what ads suggested.

It also wasn't clear that users had to own copies of a game on both PS3 and Vita to do this. That may seem obvious to us now, but given how much Sony was highlighting Remote Play it appeared that this would be the sort of thing you could do.

Finally, early Vita ads strongly hinted that you'd be able to play live multiplayer matches if you splurged on the 3G model and subscribed to AT&T's Mobile Broadband Network. As it turned out, this was limited to asynchronous or turn-based gaming.

The FTC also went after the ad agency representing Sony at the time, Deutsch LA, for "deceptive product endorsements" after it asked employees to toss out positive Vita-related messages on Twitter from accounts designed to look like personal profiles. As such, hashtags like #gamechanger were disguised not to look like advertising when they really were.

tl;dr if you bought a vita before June 2012, you might receive an email from sony to get a 25$ refund or 50$ (probably PSN credit)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Sweet

Glad something finally hit Sony for this. Tried Remote Play the second I got a Vita and was completely disappointed with the fact nothing worth playing supported Remote Play, and actually remembered the stupid baseball game commercial then.

Shame I don't qualify. Not like it'd matter; I bought mine used anyway to make sure I got an OLED.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    On the subject of the ease of each of the games, I'm still gonna say that Four Horsemen was harder (to me) than any other single mission in any of the other hunting games.
    I agree; the four horsemen was pretty tough.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    there is literally, no boss you and i can't beat; this is a proven point, no need to beat a dead horse.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Any vita owner will take the 50 credits for pan. Vita = gold mine of games.

BG Level

PSN credit issn'T just for vita, you can use it to buy like a PS3 or PS4 game

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I know but I don't find many ps3/4 games anymore I buy. Kinda funny but my vita gets a lot more play

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shame I had to wait out for that sweet, sweet, white OLED Vita model which came out after the deadline.

BG Level

I'm wondering if i'll get the credit

I bought my first vita in Feb 2012 (which is elligble) but sold it to lolebgames for the Slim version

Aka don't have the feb 2012 one anymore