+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 179 FirstFirst ... 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First one was alright but it wasn't anything special besides being Ragnarok Online + MH. Ace looks way better w/ all the new stuff.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, I only played the demo of the original version. I didn't buy it 'cause I'd already heard about ACE coming eventually.
    Didn't seem too bad.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Main complaint I saw was something about the battle system being cheap - as in you could dodge an attack and it would still register as you getting hit. I guess you would say the hitboxes were all over the place?

Anyway, let me know how ACE is.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was ok with the first one. Haven't played it all the way through.

Torn if I should get ACE, or just be happy with my Vanilla version.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Destiny of Spirits is more fun than I thought. Only two SRs I have are from the gravity rush spirits, Gravity Panther and Lady of the Depths. Those being the only two attempts to get a spirit from the rush summons....so lucky me.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika Confirmed for North America and Europe
    Today we’re really happy to announce a trio of brand new PS Vita games from our Japan Studio: Dystopian action RPG Freedom Wars; Soul Sacrifice Delta, an expanded edition of last year’s acclaimed dark fantasy adventure and stunning JRPG Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.

Soul Sacrifice Delta will be first to arrive on May 13th, and we’ll confirm more details around Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines and Freedom Wars in the coming months. For now, I’ll hand over to the games’ respective producers to tell you more about each title. And then later today look out for an interview with Japan Studio chief Allan Becker.

Freedom Wars

We’re excited to finally announce that Freedom Wars is coming to North America! Some of you may have caught wind of the team working on this title, but Japan Studio, Shift and Dimps have joined forces to create an action-packed RPG on PlayStation Vita!

Freedom Wars is set in a dystopian world which harbors prisoners, each with a million-year sentence set from birth. You take on the role of a prisoner, forced to fight for your freedom by completing rescue missions that will reduce your seemingly insurmountable prison sentence.

Supported by a robust multiplayer suite, up to four players can play via Ad-Hoc and eight players via Online to fight civilian Abducters; the more civilians you set free, the shorter your sentence becomes. In addition to the challenging co-op gameplay, you’ll be pleased to know that the game has many customizable features ranging from weapon load-outs to the protagonist itself! Check out our new trailer and make sure to stay tuned for more news on Freedom Wars, launching later this year! – Dais Kawaguchi

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Soul Sacrifice Delta is the ultimate edition of Soul Sacrifice with tons of new content and improvements. Grim, the faction who believes in neutrality in all things, joins the blood thirsty Avalon and the merciful Sanctuary, and adds a third angle to bring the Delta in Soul Sacrifice. Grim’s beliefs, rooted in the prophecy they will seek to realise, will bring about irrevocable changes to the world as we know it.

The concept of faction is now at the heart of the game with players able to join the side of their choice, each with their own strengths and play styles. Players from each faction can now register their overall progress.

Soul Sacrifice Delta brings a lot of new content as well, with new Archfiends inspired by dark retellings of classic fairy tales, new sorcerers, arenas, spells and even more quests.

We have also made many improvements to the game design and systems: the graphics engine has been optimized, some arenas are now dynamic with weather effects and structural changes during battle, the spells system has been refined and allows for more collaborative and deeper gameplay.

We’ve also improved the AI of the Archfiends, who are now more vicious than ever. Finally, we’ve taken character customization to a new level, with the ability to mix custom parts and accessories.

What if you have played through Soul Sacrifice already? Well, just transfer your save data over to Delta and carry on the adventure! So that’s Soul Sacrifice Delta in a nutshell, but please stay tuned for more information soon. – Kumi Yuasa

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

Next up we have Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines which is one that you JRPG fans need to have on your radar. “What does ‘Oreshika’ mean?”, I hear you cry. Actually the full title in Japanese is ‘Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke’ which means something along the lines of ‘Go Forth Over My Dead Body’.

In case you haven’t guessed it by now it’s an RPG in which you take charge of an ancient Japanese clan that have been cursed with a maximum lifespan of just 2 years. Your task is to lead the clan on their quest to lift the curse and enlist the help of gods inspired by Japanese mythology to make sure each new generation of the clan is more powerful than the last.

We’ve got some screenshots to show off the beautiful Japanese art style of the characters and environments, but it looks even more fantastic on the PS Vita screen! We’ve got lots more details to share on this one very soon so stay tuned. – Tomoyo Kimura
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...for-n-america/
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...-soon-ps-vita/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just noticed this too!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/game...clusive/114644

Tales of Hearts - GameStop Exclusive by Bandai Namco Games America Inc.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ign talked about it tio

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE adds new weapons/crafting of said weapons, taking sidekicks on missions, and new skills. That said, the added stuff also adds a TON more grinding. The holomas (I think - rainbow background) are pure grind fests. To rank them up, you have to repeat missions and do specific goals. Something like 40 orcs and 2 orc kings for one upgrade, which, you could repeat that upgrade depending on the weapon. Doing that 3-5 times for +3 weapon damage each time (and options/paths, too). I rolled my character from vanilla and all you get are your cards, so card farming is negated, for the most part (one shy of the gold trophy in vanilla). I was excited to get ACE, but after seeing everything, I don't know if I want to put hundreds of hours more into it knowing I did 200-300 in vanilla. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed. 400 floor tower...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I picked up RO: ACE, but am still playing Toukiden. I played the original RO a bit, but never "finished" it. I want to get into RO: ACE, but just having so much trouble enjoying it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just need innocence r now

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The original game had a cast and story that was widely praised as one of the best in the series, and this PlayStation Vita version offers players a chance to relive that adventure on the go, and with brand-new content! Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisitedcomes packed with in-depth gameplay, everlasting value, and the great sense of humor you’ve come to love. The graphics engine truly brings Takehito Harada’s characters to life with fluid animations and high definition details. Create your own political party and take advantage of a slew of new battle and strategic features expanding upon the already staggering replay value. Grab your PS Vita and stop the Corrupternment’s evil doings with the power of…sardines?

Tons of Bonus content added!

Tons of bonus content, including brand-new scenarios exclusive to this release, adding more backstory to some of your favorite characters, all in hi-res sprites.

New and Familiar Characters and Gameplay Systems!

New characters, as well as cameo appearances by characters from previous Disgaea games. A new tier of spells, job specific techniques, as well as other gameplay enhancements.

DLC

Includes all of the downloadable content that was available on the PS3 version.

Languages

Enjoy English in-game text and English & Japanese in-game voices.
    Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, the sequel to the highly popular mystery adventure game Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, will be making its way to the PlayStation Vita in North America and Europe this fall in both retail and digital form. As in the first game, players will take on the role of a high school student as they are thrust into a life-or-death situation, and must use their wits and teamwork to survive. Each student was chosen for a special ability they possess, making them the “ultimate” example of something. Characters in this title are also designed by Rui Komatsuzaki for a unique and darker take on the anime style.

Deadly Island Vibes

Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!

All New Minigames!

You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they'll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!

Survival of the Keenest

Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth and escape with your life!
    Long ago, a dreadful war was fought between the Goddess and the Vile God. Because they were equally matched, they both created a vast number of special weapons imbued with their godly energy, each containing the life force of a fairy. Armed with these weapons, the deities continued their conflict until they finally sealed each other away into the great unknown. A long time has passed since this ancient conflict, and the weapons created by the Goddess and the Vile God have since been scattered across the world. These weapons—now known as “Furies”—are highly sought after by warriors who call themselves “Fencers”. It is said that whoever collects a Fury will be granted one wish. When a young man named Fang decides to rashly pull a Fury from a stone, he inadvertently becomes a Fencer himself, forever altering the course of his destiny.

Maxed out levels

Battles aren’t the only way to boost your stats! Have characters complete certain tasks put forth by the “Challenge System” like jumping 100 times or achieving 10 preemptive attacks on enemies to achieve maximum stats!

Artistic pedigree

Soundtrack by renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu, who has written the scores for most of the Final Fantasy titles. Character designs by Tsunako (Hyperdimension Neptunia ), and gods designed by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI ) strikes a balance between cute and evil.

Flock of fairies

Collect mystical weapons called “Furies” that contain the essence of fairies. Use the Furies to grant your characters powerful abilities that change the tide of battle. You can even use the “World Shaping” feature to customize dungeons to include more or fewer enemies, different types of materials, and more!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Year of the VITA baby

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ooh disgaea 4, getting that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wish Disgaea 4 was coming sooner, I keep wanting to play it but I'm not going to grind on my ps3 anymore with this coming out. Love that game so much. Only bad part will be no scybot

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why do I keep buying Disgaea on consoles.

3 came out on PS+
    Now 4's coming to Vita, and I've barely touched it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

People should take notice: Seems almost every PSOne and PSP digital title can now be downloaded and played on a Vita. Big ass thread about it on GAF.