+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

i really hope they bring it to the US! this one didn't seem to do too well, did it? by the way, finally got platinum last night

and they definitely did leave it open to a sequel, so i'm glad they made one. talking about the ones that replace them and all.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm pretty sure this one will get localized as well, NIS/Gust usually pretty good localizing most of their games. Neptunia actually sold pretty well, especially from it being such a Niche title, and coming from a low budget company as well. And congrats on Platinum

Also, couple more tidbits inbetween some of stuff I posted already:
    In 20XX the world is one again threatened by Arfoire (called Majicon in Japanese). 80% of elementary school kids worship Arforie. Shops are withering and people hunger for creativity. The world of Gameindustri is a lawless mess when three sisters representing handheld systems appear.

The lead characters in Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk-2 are all new. is Nepgear (pictured) is the Purple Sister. Uni is the Black Sister. Rom and Ram are the White Sisters. Perhaps because they are handhelds, all of the characters in Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk-2 look younger than stars of Neptunia.

Compile Heart says Mk-2 will have improved graphics and a revised battle system. You can make parties with up to four characters and combine attacks using the Lily system. The game industry (the business, not the place) evolved too and everyone is using real time chat. Here’s where you’ll see references to video game icons like El Shaddai, Mario, Segata Sanshiro, Toro (the Sony cat), and Tales.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Improved graphics and battle systems, that's promising.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

how good is this game? i enjoyed the little thunder tits argument but is it really worth 3 pages is shonen jump?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I rented it... played for 10 minutes and wanted to kill myself. Took it out of my PS3 and sealed it/sent it back immediately.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You obviously never played Trinity Universe too.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Nope never have. ;x

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    You obviously never played Trinity Universe too.
    I dunno, I'd easily rank HDN's combat as worse than TU by leaps and bounds.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I dunno, I'd easily rank HDN's combat as worse than TU by leaps and bounds.
    lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I rented it... played for 10 minutes and wanted to kill myself. Took it out of my PS3 and sealed it/sent it back immediately.
    That is pretty much the vibe I got from this game, lol. Glad some people were able to enjoy it I guess...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so...terribad? idk why but this game makes me think about Wildarms god i miss that game think i'll look for it tomorrow

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I actually ended up liking the game more than I thought I would But that might be because I'm used to Niche shit by now, so I never come in expecting anything really great. I still found battle system to be bit better over Trinity Universe, even though the two are pretty similar. At least with Neptunia you can skip actions, making battles a shitload faster.

Gameplay wise its similar to Trinity Universe, so if you didn't like that, most likely won't like this. Story wise, they're completely different, Trinity Universe is a bit more serious with couple of funny lines thrown in, Neptunia is one big parody with shitload of other game references and nice bit of hilarious shit thrown in as well.

The game also has PS2 graphics as well, so yeah...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I didn't think the game was terrible overall, but having to rely on the game to make decisions about when to use your items when somehow it'll still refuse to heal you sometimes under 5% when you have the ability cranked up to 95% is just.. yeah. Which would be understandable still if it happened once in a blue moon, but when you have to redo a fight 6 times because every single time the game refused to use an item under 25% health for 3 hits, that shit is not cool.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I actually ended up liking the game more than I thought I would But that might be because I'm used to Niche shit by now, so I never come in expecting anything really great.
    i'm totally there with you. and i definitely liked HDN a lot lot better than TU - the storyline was more engaging, the battles were less painful (the skipping stuff was nice), and i got so sick of trying to make dungeons float away in TU for no reason. my boyfriend made fun of me for both, though, because all i ended up doing in battles was mashing x (or L2 and x) and watching him play whatever he was playing. i've always been more interested in the storyline of a game than its battle system, so maybe i'm just weird. the battle system has to be pretty bad for that to be my reason not to play (resonance of fate, sigh.)

graphics have never bothered me. i'm fine with ps2 graphics or even sprites. i find ff7 style graphics the hardest to deal with lately because they were so awesome for the time and so bad for now, but games don't come out with those anymore.

tbh, though, i don't know if i even think it's fair to expect great graphics from a game by a less popular developer. when i first got TU i was pleasantly surprised that they kind of made the anime-style a slight bit 3Dish (well, if you look at it hard enough) and gave it motion. not as cool as tales of vesperia, but still nice.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I didn't think the game was terrible overall, but having to rely on the game to make decisions about when to use your items when somehow it'll still refuse to heal you sometimes under 5% when you have the ability cranked up to 95% is just.. yeah. Which would be understandable still if it happened once in a blue moon, but when you have to redo a fight 6 times because every single time the game refused to use an item under 25% health for 3 hits, that shit is not cool.
    touche. that is very, very true, haha.

sorry to double post! i think i posted my first one like 2 seconds after you posted yours, rokku.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    so...terribad? idk why but this game makes me think about Wildarms god i miss that game think i'll look for it tomorrow
    Oh god dude, nothing about this game is like Wild Arms. Those were some good games back in the days that is long overdue for a next-gen face-lift.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

no i loved wild arms i think i had the 3rd one then kinda lost track of it but some great memories idk why this game reminds me at all

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

3rd was the best one indeed. Followed by 5 > 2 > 1 > 4. XD

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i loved 1 the most but i think thats what it ment to me when i was given it

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's because you have to turn certain items off completely, because the Item Skill that higher placed is the one that'll take effect over others. What you do is ONLY turn the item skill you're gonna need to 100%, so it takes effect 100% of the time, if you have others at certain %s as well, the the Item Skill that's at top of list will take effect over the others, and you can switch %s mid battle, so you actually have control over healing, and it's not random either. If I'm gonna drop to 10% or below, then I go to Item Skill menu, and put that one on 100% and turn the others off, so it takes affect 100% of the time. The fact you can change skills mid battle makes this game even more piss easy.