No way, it's Vancouver's turn.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Caps are on the right track by giving Poti a 2 year deal for $5.75m
    ... the right track to a first or second round KO again.

So Thoronas, think Morrison will make the 'nucks this year, or is it just an invite to see him in a Canucks jersey for old times' sake?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Devils beat LA in 7, Marty Broadeur retires afterwards, and Kovlachuk hijacks the cup on his day, retreating to Russia and refusing to surrender the cup back as retribution towards the NHL for costing him extra money. Remember folks, you heard it hear first.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Guess this is in fact a good time to toss out our baseless predicitons:

First off, picks for division winners:

Central: Hawks
    Northwest: Vancouver
    Pacific: Kings

Atlanta: Penguins
    Northeast: Boston
    Southeast: Caps

aaand for the other playoff spots:

West: Detroit, Nashville, San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas

East: Philly, Jersey, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Toronto

Random predictions:

1) Tampa. Fucking. Bay. This team looks pretty fucking sweet on paper, if it wasn't for them being in the same division as the Caps I'd have them pegged on paper. It makes me sad knowing how cheap their tickets are and that still noone goes, missing out on a Stamkos/St. Louis/Lecavalier/Downie team for like $25 is kinda nuts. Their defense still looks suspect but I'd be surprised if Hedman doesn't have a really solid year.

2) Edmonton is going to be the most entertaining team who won't make the playoffs. I really hope their management doesn't fuck things up within the next 2 years, they have a lot of promise.

3) If all make the playoffs, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Washington are all still not going to win the Cup this year. None of these teams did anything at all to address any of their actual issues. Pens D looks beefed up, but that wasn't really the issue. I'm not sure if Washington even participated in the offseason.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

also in unrelated news, my mom ran into a ticket salesmen for the new ECHL team that'll be playing 5 minutes from our house starting next season, probably going to look into season tickets for them, got a t-shirt:

http://slashangry.net/callisto/chicagoexpress.jpg

not particularly thrilled that this name won the contest, the team will play in Hoffman Estates which is nearly an hour from the city and there were a couple of Hoffman names in the pool that would have been better, seeing as how people who actually live in Chicago who are looking to go out northwest a bit for a cheaper game will go to Wolves games and not this team's

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Richybear View Post
    Caps are on the right track by giving Poti a 2 year deal for $5.75m
    ... the right track to a first or second round KO again.

So Thoronas, think Morrison will make the 'nucks this year, or is it just an invite to see him in a Canucks jersey for old times' sake?
    They have 23 people on roster atm and are 3.15m over the cap, with 9 defensemen. If they get rid of Bieksa, they won't be able to take anyone else on, if they can get rid of 2 people who both make $2m~ he has a shot...but even then they wouldn't be leaving much if any room if someone gets hurt.

BG Level

That fact that you picked my Kings to win the division, brings warmth to my heart

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    They have 23 people on roster atm and are 3.15m over the cap, with 9 defensemen. If they get rid of Bieksa, they won't be able to take anyone else on, if they can get rid of 2 people who both make $2m~ he has a shot...but even then they wouldn't be leaving much if any room if someone gets hurt.
    Morrisson probably won't make it unless he plays really well as 4 line centre or something. Also with Salo out for quite a few months Vancouver isn't looking nearly as bad as you think for cap space. With both Salo and Burrows going on LTIR or whatever its called we will probably be under the cap. I think they are going to keep Bieksa and maybe trade him around March but I doubt it.

Edit: Also hearing the Wellwood is ripping it up in Phoenix. They are becoming a bit of a dumping ground for us.

Also, upon thinking about it I think Calgary should look at Morrison. From what i recall they are kinda weak down the centre.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

1) Tampa. Fucking. Bay. This team looks pretty fucking sweet on paper, if it wasn't for them being in the same division as the Caps I'd have them pegged on paper. It makes me sad knowing how cheap their tickets are and that still noone goes, missing out on a Stamkos/St. Louis/Lecavalier/Downie team for like $25 is kinda nuts. Their defense still looks suspect but I'd be surprised if Hedman doesn't have a really solid year.
    Back when I lived in Orlando I made the trip to Tampa for a few Bolts games, it's definitely fun. Its great I was able to get Center Ice lower bowl seats for about $50. The fans there are pretty passionate, they just need to win some to get the bandwagons back. They're on the right track.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Edmonton is one of those teams that could either steal a playoff spot from a team, or completely shit the bed with the youth movement. However, if they build around Hall, Eberle, Pajaarvi, Gagner etc, they could be a team to watch in 2-3 years.
    They just need to build from the blueline and back now.
    Not much in the way of defence - or even prospects for that matter. Whem Tom Gilbert is your #1, you're kinda hurtin'.
    Khabibulin and Gerber as the 1-2 punch in net is kinda meh as well.

Yay for pre-season starting tonight!
    Predictions for division leaders etc later.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

According to my cable menu, NHLN is carrying Devils @ Flyers for those who have it, game starts in 30m

Relic Horn
    BG Level

3) If all make the playoffs, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Washington are all still not going to win the Cup this year. None of these teams did anything at all to address any of their actual issues. Pens D looks beefed up, but that wasn't really the issue. I'm not sure if Washington even participated in the offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    but that wasn't really the issue
    http://img.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_923.jpg

It's been a long summer.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Any online streams to be found? Atdhe doesn't have games listed tonight

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

They were middle of the pack for goals allowed, and defensemen can only do so much for the softies/nights where Fleury just doesn't show up. They did pretty much nothing to address the fact that their only winger with more than 20 goals was Guerin, who isn't even with them anymore.

Also I fucking hate Philly Comcast broadcasts, their people are always screaming into the mic and the volume levels are all fucked up.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

what on earth is Matt Walker still doing on an NHL team lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They were middle of the pack for goals allowed, and defensemen can only do so much for the softies/nights where Fleury just doesn't show up. They did pretty much nothing to address the fact that their only winger with more than 20 goals was Guerin, who isn't even with them anymore.

Also I fucking hate Philly Comcast broadcasts, their people are always screaming into the mic and the volume levels are all fucked up.
    Comrie is gonna make Crosby put up 100 goals this season, we don't need any special wingers.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

trying to hawk this minor league team to see if they end up needing to hire anyone for clerical/accounting work, but I think they're going to use interns for a ton of it

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 619 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast