1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Class Quests     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Class Quests

It seems class quests can be started at Rank 20~22 (I only just checked before going to grind to Rank 23)
    The npc at the Archer's guild gave me a new quest - in my case "Filling the Quiver" and an NPC linkpearl.

I am currently in the process of doing the quest and I will post what kind of reward I get and if it starts a quest chain.

I am glad it is only in the 20s, and not like AF where we have to wait until much further along.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6746/archer1.png

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/7488/archerj.png

Update #1: Note to self, check the quest map instead of just going by the description. <_<;

Update #2: Side note - there are a lot of things to improve upon in 14, but god the CSs look amazing lol.

Update #3: Finished quest, I see no follow-up atm. Perhaps I need to be a higher level or wait for the next day FFXI/JP Midnight style.
    http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/1976/archrew.png (Hurray Multishot ;x)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Please, OH PLEASE people, say "RANK" when it's your specific class rank and "LEVEL" when it's your physical level.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Please, OH PLEASE people, say "RANK" when it's your specific class rank and "LEVEL" when it's your physical level.
    Old habits, I'm sure we'll all get used to it soon Edited OP for clarity.

Gay-O-Meter Rating
    c=8 c=8 c=8 c=8
    Hard Gay

BG Level

rank is fucking stupid to say and most people think of level as the job level anyways.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KuaiEQ View Post
    rank is fucking stupid to say and most people think of level as the job level anyways.
    yeah let's go with ambiguity, having to ask whether someone means physical or class every time they say level is way less fucking stupid than the word "rank"

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yeah let's go with ambiguity, having to ask whether someone means physical or class every time they say level is way less fucking stupid than the word "rank"
    It's never physical level.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It's never physical level.
    We don't know that yet.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

OP updated

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks for posting! I'm sure all of us were wondering about how to get guild marks, and guild quests. Good work!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ohshi, that's an Ixal?

And damn 2000 marks... that's a pretty decent reward.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ohshi, that's an Ixal?
    Hell yes it is, looks like a total badass in the cutscene.

Quick q, you say you're almost 23? Have you hit surplus yet? I am rank 17 MRD and hit surplus on both rank and exp last night..... no idea what to do while I am gaining surplus exp except stop playing?

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    Quick q, you say you're almost 23? Have you hit surplus yet? I am rank 17 MRD and hit surplus on both rank and exp last night..... no idea what to do while I am gaining surplus exp except stop playing?
    Yeah I've been in surplus since about rank 17, I just hit physical surplus now at level 23. I didn't notice it hurting me a ton but I'm gaining what feels like a lot less skill, but it crept up on me in a subtle manner - it wasn't like hitting a wall at surplus.

Personally, I've been leveling low level classes for extra skills and once that's done I'll grind some more until I can't tolerate it any further, then wait for reset.

when I first got the message it just said my bonus axe skill was increasing, and not giving a figure. Now it says 'you are gaining surplus axe skill' but not giving a figure again. Any idea when the reset is, or is it a personal reset depending on when your own surplus kicked in?

So wait, you got this at rank 23 archer or physical level 23? how the hell are your physical level and class level the same lol ;/

I am lucky to even get 150 conjury skill for killing mobs, whereas i will always get around 400 physical exp even with surplus. Add in the crafting i've been doing and my physical level is way ahead of class.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by GavinBandura View Post
    when I first got the message it just said my bonus axe skill was increasing, and not giving a figure. Now it says 'you are gaining surplus axe skill' but not giving a figure again. Any idea when the reset is, or is it a personal reset depending on when your own surplus kicked in?
    I'm pretty sure there is a decay over time (very slow) and a weekly reset (not sure when it will be, but we'll know!)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    So wait, you got this at rank 23 archer or physical level 23? how the hell are your physical level and class level the same lol ;/

I am lucky to even get 150 conjury skill for killing mobs, whereas i will always get around 400 physical exp even with surplus. Add in the crafting i've been doing and my physical level is way ahead of class.
    I am 22 Archer, 10k from 23, and 23 Physical (about 1/2 of the way in). 400 physical? I've been getting far less, maybe I've been skilling on stuff that is too low for good physical xp but still gave decent skills. I avg 50-100 skill points per fight when they register, near 100~150 physical xp. I did some crafting and leveling low jobs but once I was so high on physical, leveling low lvl jobs gave me no physical XP, only class skill.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    I'm assuming hopefulki hasn't been grinding alone, most likely a duo. Me and a friend who plays CON have been duoing and we're both lv20 now (I'm ARC) and our physical level has stayed pretty much on par with our rank. It'd probably have fallen behind if we didn't level a few crafts inbetween.

It seems if you solo the entire time your physical will be ahead but in group the gain is somewhat lacking.

edit: Going to check if I can get the class quest at 20 now, confirming that is indeed the level required.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zubis View Post
    I'm assuming hopefulki hasn't been grinding alone, most likely a duo. Me and a friend who plays CON have been duoing and we're both lv20 now (I'm ARC) and our physical level has stayed pretty much on par with our rank. It'd probably have fallen behind if we didn't level a few crafts inbetween.

It seems if you solo the entire time your physical will be ahead but in group the gain is somewhat lacking.
    This too, I've been trioing most of the time.

Ah right, i mainly duo with a glad but it all depends on if he is getting hit to if i am getting hit (lol threat in this game though) think adding a third would help a lot more but just haven't found anyone interested in it lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Rate up Rate up Rate up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast