Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just finished watching this. Was ok. But the omission of the Zodd piece at Doldrey was a big no-no. But whatever, ready for part 3 now.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone PM me when a good torrent comes out. I got better things to do than sit through a mediocre quality stream on an HD tv.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...ng-gallery.jpg

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Okay so I watched the whole thing finally. Man, they really cut this shit to pieces. I know they didn't have the time, but none of the important subplots are included. The Queen/Foss + ministry and Griffith taking them out, Griffith feigning death, it just goes from one thing to the next and expects you to know whats transpired in between.

The overall quality is MUCH improved over the first one, but spotty in a few areas (dance scene in particular)

Speaking of the dance scene, that shit went on entirely too long. Based off this version alone I don't give a fuck about any of the characters, so their success or failure doesn't matter. You don't feel like this important scene from the original is what it is here. And the animation here... *vomit*

No Griffith backstory, so with the King or whatever of Chuder, how are you supposed to figure out Griffiths rhyme or reason for wanting to do things? Meanwhile, they have like 5 minutes of Griffith fucking Charlotte. Felt like I was watching a hentai all of a sudden.

It's a lot of complaints I realize for 3 hours worth of animation, (total so far) but had they taken the extra time to make a 4th movie instead of going through a cliffnotes version in 3 they might have something a lot better on their hands.

I loved all the battle scenes. 100 man battle could have been a bit more epic, but it was done well for the most part. The other battles were incredible, again minus the whole Zodd thing.

I'm hoping with the increased length for the next volume when they rescue Griffith, they actually have that encounter with the first demon. I somehow doubt it though. Ah well. More Berserk isn't a bad thing, I just would've like a little better storytelling.

I thought the 100 man battle was the best part, rest I could've taken or left. Also liked Guts against Griffith when he's leaving (but I fucking loved that part from the manga). Doldory battle was fine, didn't really feel that Zodd missing was a problem, but like Odesseiron I didn't think the omission of such crucial backstory was a good idea. The scenes wouldn't have to be long, and shit that took forever could've been summarized for important things.

Overall, I liked it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...un-in-theaters

3rd Berserk Film's Uncut R18+ Version to Also Run in Theaters
    The original uncut, R18+ rated version of the third Berserk movie, Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent (Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin), will play in late showings at Tokyo's Shinjuku Wald 9 and Osaka's Umeda Burg 7 theaters starting on Friday. That is the same day that the edited, R15+ rated version of the movie will open in theaters across Japan.

Japan's Film Classification and Rating Committee (Eirin) had given the third Berserk feature film a rating of R18+ for "extremely provocative sexual content" last October. Theaters restrict R18+ films to viewers 18 years old or older. However, a month later, the staff began advertising a revised R15+ version.

The last major anime film with an R18+ rating was the complete edition of Mardock Scramble: The First Compression in 2011. That film had opened one year earlier without some scenes and with a PG12 rating.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Still waiting for a proper second movie sub.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wanted to bump this if anyone can PM me a source to watch the second/(hopefully) 3rd movies with decent subs. Cannot find them anywhere.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Is the 3rd even out?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Is the 3rd even out?
    Not yet. DVD/BluRay comes out June 19th.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Not yet. DVD/BluRay comes out June 19th.
    Well then, guess I'll wait til the third is out/subbed, hopefully it won't be too long after it's release. I can watch them back to back then.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Third movie is finally fan-subbed and avail on the interwebs. Now, they need to do a new TV/OVA series post haste. Need more Berserk.

Spoiler: show
    Search Keyword: Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin Movie should provide you with sufficient results.

Thanks.

BG Level

I am currently about halfway though Movie III and I have a question. It has been a very long time since I watched Berserk (TV) and I didn't ever read the manga.

About halfway through movie III is where the TV series ended, correct?

It pretty much ends at the end of the movie, minus any reference to Skull Knight. I forget if we see Caska being emotionally broken, but it basically cut to Guts getting his new sword from some blacksmith then fade to black with episode 1 being sometime after.

Either way, even in knowing what happens, shit was still pretty brutal. Seeing Guts hack off his own arm made mine hurt, but it also left me wondering how different things may've progressed if he had chased Griffith with his sword.

BG Level

Next question!!!

Can anyone tell me where this movie left off exactly in the manga? I must know what happens next Q_Q Thanks!

According to the wiki, the third arc begins with volume 14, which is chapter 92 if the list I'm referencing is correct.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So apparently the Berserk manga is like fight club, so apologies in advance, but does anyone know when the next one is coming out? I know he takes his sweet time but god damn has it been slow the last year.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Latest berserk chapter just came out. Artwork is awesome + boobs

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/b...apter-334.html

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Bump city, but very relevant. Very disappointed in the quality of this tease though. Looks like it's 15 FPS. It's also a mix of CG and animation, which looks great at some parts (the close up of his face) but awful in other parts. The music is spot on. No telling yet as if it's a movie or series. Probably a movie. When are they going to do this shit right?

The official website for the new anime of Kentarou Miura's Berserk manga began streaming the first official teaser promotional video on Tuesday. The same video debuted at NBC Universal's winter Comic Market 89 booth, which runs from December 29 to December 31. The announcement does not note the format of the anime (television, film, original video anime, or another format), but it now lists a 2016 release. Miura commented in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine last week that the anime project will depict Guts in his "Black Swordsman" appearance, which is only revealed in parts of the manga that go beyond any previously animated Berserk story, and is only briefly hinted at in the first and last episode of the 1997 television anime series.

The magazine also noted that the 1997 Berserk television anime series will get a newly priced Blu-ray Disc release with the 2012 HD remaster. The new boxset is slated for an April 20 release, and will cost 18,000 yen (about US$148).

In addition, Miura will put his Berserk manga on hiatus, with the next chapter coming in "around" summer next year. The manga will also then be published as an irregular series.

Miura had recently resumed the manga as a monthly series in July, after taking a break from Berserk in early 2014 to publish the six-chapter Gigantomakhia mini-series. Berserk returned to Young Animal in the eighth issue on April 11 last year, but then the manga went on hiatus again in June. It returned again in August, and went on hiatus again in September of last year.

Hakusensha published the 37th compiled book volume of Berserk in Japan in March 2013. Dark Horse Comics published the same volume in North America in December 2013. As of July, the manga has 27 million copies in print in Japan and 8 million copies in print overseas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast