1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    I think the most blatant way to defend a bad designed UI is to bring "assumptions".

But anyway, here's a simple case scenario:

I wanted to try rank15 leves, being myself rank11-12. So I took 1 from Tanner and 1 from Armorer.
    Did the Tanner one and found out it was not meant to be as I was failing big times, even with Common support. So i said to myself "Ok, guess I'm biting more than I can chew" and decided it was pointless to do the Armorer one too.
    But no, i simply can't drop it.
    Not defending their design decision, but the above would be even more terrible. It means that once you get close to failing a leve, instead of risk it you would just cancel it and go take another and not have the first one count toward your 8 leves. Not saying what SE did is good, but this is actually also really bad.

That being said, they've said in a recent Ask the Devs I think that with either the coming November Update, or the December update to follow, that you will be able to cancel local leves once you've accepted them. Obviously, it will still count toward your 8 leve limit though. The only purpose of cancelling is as a time saver so you don't have to go through all the synths to fail.

Personally I would rather go through the synths. Who knows, you might succeed one. Even if you don't, it's a free 600-700 skill points even if you fail every one, and if you succeed one or two, you could get as much as 1500 free skill.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Or cancel the leve once you finish all the synths but don't want to go through high level aggro to some remote camp for a moko grass reward.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That goes out the window once they are Rank-20 and up leves. It's just a bunch of "I wasn't thinking when I accepted this leve so now I wish I could cancel it."

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rumari View Post
    I did a quick search and didn't see this mentioned in here, or in the OP. If it has been, then i apologize in advance.

Had this happen to myself, then a LS member about 10min later.

If you're crafting an item per usual (IE: Not for a leve) and someone repairs an item you have in bazaar at the same time you finish your synth (just a guess on the finish, haven't had a chance to check if it'll do it during the middle of the synth as each time it happened we both finished our synth/repair at the same time), you will lose the item you are crafting. You'll get the message "Your loot list is full. Unable to obtain "item name here"." This'll happen even if you have 0 items in your loot list and your inventory has plenty of room. The repaired item is unaffected, its just the newly crafted item that gets lost in the void.
    This happened to me, but I couldn't figure out why. Thankyou!