1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 59 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I dunno anyone else who has this glitch BUT:

I have an issue where randomly my auto translate stops working for gear you have to see recently. (ie I gotta look at a maple wand before I try doing "mapl" then tab for it to be on the list).

I'll look at the item, examine it, equip it, do everything, but can't auto translate. This will happen to all items.

The only fix I can do is to completely quitting the game, then logging back in from the start.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh, and Guardian's Aspect has absolutely no effect during Fishing Leves that involve inspecting X "Promising Fishing Points." Fishing Skill turns green as if there will be a bonus, but no catches yield anything more than normal, skill or exp.

Also, about 75% of the time I tab out of my windowed XIV, upon tabbing back to it, my 3rd-person camera becomes locked to a position directly behind my character. It's easily undone by moving the camera manually, but it locks most of the time for no reason known to me.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-Macro lines don't fire in sequential order, or if they do, they don't display properly in the log.
    -Today after being logged in for 4-6 hours, I switch from a Working Class (i.e. Carpenter, smithing, botany) to an adventurer class (pug, gld, con) but my menu continued to to show the "synth" option when i pulled it up.
    I changed out every piece of gear manually, attempted to use my macros, which seemed to function in the chat log, but would not change my equiped action. actually changed to gld and started a leve, which i proceeded to get killed at because I couldn't swing my sword, or get the interface to acknowledge that I had changed classes. Not sure if this is a repeatable thing or just something to do with my hardware /shrug

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    - Skill is occasionally not adding up properly. Got 130 then 134 skill on the same mob during a leve and ended up getting on 130.
    Likely not a bug as there are a half dozen reasons that this would happen. For instance(most noticeable occurrence for me), healing skill isn't given when the mob dies.. but rather when combat is over. So you can get a million healing points while fighting one of two mobs.. and feel shafted when the first mob dies and you end up with nothing. When the second dies, and combat drops, that's when this skill is tallied. If you're not paying attention at that point you may think you were shorted.

Adding to the list:

- Leash-healing. If you pull a mob too far outside of its 'zone', it will try to reset and regen HP in the middle of combat.
    - Cast bar not functioning properly. Sometimes it animates too quickly, sometimes not at all. Other times it will animate as if I'm casting a long spell like stoneskin when I actually did a quick heal... and it will fire in the middle of the bar.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

This has happened several times to us:

-When in a party and no one is engaged, trying to perform any action (change jobs, log out, disband) fails with the error "Party must disengage." The only way I've found to be able to even exit the game is to force close it.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Every time I approach the Ferry Docks (Thanalan) gate, I get a full 1~2 second graphic freeze. I always think it's a full-on crash, but then it continues after a second or two.

Also, eating small foods, ingredients and whatnot, you are given a message regarding how good it tastes to your race/clan while cooked/prepared meals yield no message at all other than "Well Fed."

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Taking the ferry from LL the cs glitches and shows your char walking through the boat.

Displaying the game in a 4:3 resolution (or anything not 16:9 basically), will make the cutscenes appear stretched, instead of fitting them to the screen, or at least adding black bars on top and bottom.

And before someone asks why I'm playing on such resolution, it's because I like to multitask, and having the game at 1280x960 gives me enough space (1920x1200 desktop) on the right side and bottom to have more windows been displayed at the same time.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    Taking the ferry from LL the cs glitches and shows your char walking through the boat.
    to expand on this, I've fallen off the pavement in LL when zoning in from the ferry, and you can then run around the ocean.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    I also encountered this glitch the first time I took ferry from LL. The boat was docked into the docks straight forward instead of on its side and cs I was walking in air along with the other NPCs through the ferry.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

- When using Aegis Boon; monster attack animations do not go off. Instead you get messages in the log saying you absorb while the mob is standing still.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Only had this once and haven't tried to reproduce this but,

After DC'ing while in a party. Upon returning, did not rejoin party and party leader had logged off; could not engage a target and got the error message "Could not engage target, party leader in different zone"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Controller: No way to open the chat log to scroll back
    No way to change the opacity of the chat log background and/or font colors

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Those are not bugs. Please learn the difference before posting in the thread.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was doing the Gridanian Fighting Fish leve, and when I actually got to the fishing spot with my rod equipped, I didn't get the Fish interaction. Failed the leve, walked around the Black Shroud a bit till I found a river, didn't get one there either until I logged out and back in. It was really annoying, because the leve had a equipment reward I really wanted.

Also, teleported from Thanalan to Gridania, it did the teleport animation and deducted six anima, but didn't actually teleport me. Tried it again and it did, deducting the anima again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

After selecting log out, then quit when back on the screen 75% of the time my client will immediately stop working and windows will search for a fix, lol. Never had this until the other day - but now it happens consistently, no ingame crashes - only when trying to quit after logging out.

roly poly
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Spearfishing text: "You spearfish the begin spearfishing."

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you guys have time, for the understanding of the development team & other players.

Post a screenshot of the glitch occurring so I can source the problem. It doesn't have to be anything special, just snapshot, put it in a low quality JPG in paint and PM it to me.

If you contributed and it was added to the first post, send me your videos/screenshots.

Unable to detect DirectX device. It periodically booted me, saying that, in Grid and the Black Shroud, but not too badly. Last night it booted me in Grid and now I can't even log in.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Attack animations sometimes move your character. Try playing Marauder and stand still until Steadfast kicks in, then attack a few times in a row. Occasionally the animation will bug out and your characters position will change canceling the Steadfast buff.

Mobs have a tendency to forcefully move your character if they bump into you too. Obviously, these are very minor bugs that only affect the Marauder class. It sucks when you want Steadfast up because it provides some nice bonuses, but your character keeps moving all around without you touching any movement keys.