Here is to hoping they reboot the game back to Nero after this reboot
    Why would you say this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Because Nero / Dante was pushing the game into a much better direction then this? I prefer Dante any day, but I thought Nero had a lot of potential... especially if they gave him another game to develop his move set

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The demon fist made it feel easy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I prefer Dante any day, but I thought Nero had a lot of potential... especially if they gave him another game to develop his move set
    Ok, then, I can't understand liking Nero more when he isn't a better character than Dante (both are shallow), isn't as cool (has his moments though) or as fun to play as (needs a little more depth).

I'd take Nero over this faggot any day of the week though. But his game play was pretty damn shallow, almost GoW press a button and win shallow with his grab mechanics. Enemies that are supposed to be challenging are reduced to ragdolls because of it.

To be good, Nero needs more weapons and more moves. Exceed is definitely a great addition, and the only part I truly enjoyed when playing Nero.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Ok, then, I can't understand liking Nero more when he isn't a better character than Dante (both are shallow), isn't as cool (has his moments though) or as fun to play as (needs a little more depth).

To be good, Nero needs more weapons and more moves. Exceed is definitely a great addition, and the only part I truly enjoyed when playing Nero.
    That was my point. Nero wasn't as developed as Dante, but w/ another entry they would have really raised the bar since they were on the right track (for the most part)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nero was THE BLACK RANGER man, so ... he was kinda cool

(2nd black ranger, not the first.)

Sure, I get it now, though when I read it I thought you wanted Nero as is. It might actually be a crime to like Nero's current game play more than Dante's ('specially going from 3).

Capcom's problem is that they don't know what the fuck to do with Dante's character any more. They can't do a sequel to 2, because they would rather pretend that game didn't exist (after they fucked up Dante's character, or what little he had), and they can't do a prequel to 3, because that would just be stupid.

So they're left with either a reboot, or shitty in-betweens that will never be as good.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I completely agree with Nero/Dante being much better than this. Nero DID make the game extremely easy but with further development he could've been a very nice addition. Pissed that they're messing with one of the coolest video game characters/series. GTFO with this crack addicted Dante...

Black Belt
    BG Level

How hard is it to just strike DMC2 out of the canon, not like there will be fans that'd bitch over that

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like Nero for something that wasn't even in the game

Algoth

It's been a long ass time since I played DMC2, was it really that bad? All I can remember about it is playing it with two PS2s and TVs next to each other; my friend was playing the Lucia disc and I, being the baller that I am (also because it was my fucking game) was playing the Dante disc. :D
    All I can remember about the actual game was that Dante went to hell in the end, I wanted to see that shit, but then we got a prequel and I was disappointed. Not because of the gameplay, but because I wanted to see Dante kick Lucifer's ass.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I know I'll be crying if they continue to make DMCs.

But I know that DMC6 will be fucking bitching, because seemingly Capcom makes a really good DMC after a really bad one.
    I wasnt aware that DMC3 was bad.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Algoth View Post
    It's been a long ass time since I played DMC2, was it really that bad? All I can remember about it is playing it with two PS2s and TVs next to each other; my friend was playing the Lucia disc and I, being the baller that I am (also because it was my fucking game) was playing the Dante disc. :D
    All I can remember about the actual game was that Dante went to hell in the end, I wanted to see that shit, but then we got a prequel and I was disappointed. Not because of the gameplay, but because I wanted to see Dante kick Lucifer's ass.
    I started with DMC2 first in the series, and all I can remember is that the story made no fucking sense (or was throw-away quality), along with no real continuity between levels. I didn't even bother beating the second disc after the first few stages.

Granted, on the Nero/Dante subject, I wouldn't mind DMC5 to take a cue from DMC2 and go with the 'same story, two perspectives' take on it, so people can play whoever they want without the game dictating who you get to play, and toss in some character-specific locations along the way since Nero/Dante won't obviously tread the same path to the main objective.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

About 1 minute in MS Paint and a little boredom resulted in this, my opinion on what is going on:

Spoilered for big.

Maybe Ninja Theory is just one of the ultimate trolls, like MNight Shamamalan.

EDIT:

Also this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97...3324_super.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolAidMan View Post
    I wasnt aware that DMC3 was bad.
    Lol, no. I was talking about 2 > 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Algoth View Post
    It was bad considering how good 1 was, the story was bad (but it's never great anyway), Dante had 0 of his original character (which they go on to overdo in the next 2 games) and the fighting was unbalanced. You could shoot everything down and not have to swing your sword at all. Hell, most of the bosses you could only shoot because you couldn't get close (and if you did get close to hit them, they'd fuck you up).

They had a lot of cool wall/dodge mechanics, most of which were completely useless because the areas were so wide and big. And none of the enemies or bosses were good (but I like Argosax/Despair Embodied).

At the time it came out, it was pretty much the best action game around, just bad for DMC.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Because Nero / Dante was pushing the game into a much better direction then this? I prefer Dante any day, but I thought Nero had a lot of potential... especially if they gave him another game to develop his move set
    Blasphemy, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Anyway, Sparda must be spinning in his grave.

Edit: DMC3:SE is the best of the series by far, thumbs up if you agree.

Algoth

Lol, no. I was talking about 2 > 3.

It was bad considering how good 1 was, the story was bad (but it's never great anyway), Dante had 0 of his original character (which they go on to overdo in the next 2 games) and the fighting was unbalanced. You could shoot everything down and not have to swing your sword at all. Hell, most of the bosses you could only shoot because you couldn't get close (and if you did get close to hit them, they'd fuck you up).

They had a lot of cool wall/dodge mechanics, most of which were completely useless because the areas were so wide and big. And none of the enemies or bosses were good (but I like Argosax/Despair Embodied).

At the time it came out, it was pretty much the best action game around, just bad for DMC.
    I vaguely remember something about the wall/dodge mechanics, but it's incredible how little I actually remember about the game. :D
    I can seriously just remember the ending, but I guess I wasn't really paying that much attention to the story because of the whole social aspect (it was pretty cool playing through the game with the both discs at the same time, felt like some sort of cheap ass co-op :D).

If you've ever done real co-op on DMC3, that shit is fun.

I just bought DMC 3: SE from Amazon. I had the regular 3 when it came out, but I remember losing to the "beat all the bosses in a row" area many times and getting frustrated. Now I don't know where it is, but I always wanted the SE anyway.

Also, after seeing that video... who doesn't miss the fuck out of Nero? "You'll now be playing as Nero"... Awwwwww... "You'll now be playing as skinny Rosie O'Donnell"... Fuck, we miss Nero........

Edit: I was just thinking how it sucks that there are no trophies for DMC 4, so I checked the achievements..... Holy SHIT, F that. Even if we had it, I would NOT go for that platinum.

Miss playing as Nero? Fuck no, after playing as Dante I finally felt like I was buying the game I fucking bought. Weapon switchs + style switches on the fly? So many possibilities and cool shit you can do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast