BG Level

looked aight, something seems awkwardly off though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Dunno. Seems like too much air combo's that mostly look the same. And seems like when you get into a combo the later hits have a a super long animation w/would making combo'ing easier

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

You mean how Donte is floating in zero-G and spamming back-back-punch?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It's been f/e since I played DMC... But i don't remember it being so "air combo" heavy. I just remember doing awesome ground combo's. Seems like they are trying too hard to be like that other game....

even the locations they chose to show look meh. A bland warehouse and outside streets / buildings that remind me a lot of Bayonette's early stages

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Seems like they are trying too hard to be like that other game....
    You mean the superior game known as Bayonetta?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

yep

Technically the animations are great, but there's definitely something off. Overall, I don't think the trailer shows Dante doing mid-air combos longer than usual. I saw nothing longer than what I could already do in DMC3/4 (with 4 I could air-combo for ages).

But the animations lack... style. Everything still seems so stiff, though the animation is looking better. My worry is that this game is looking more and more DMC2 with those big-ass environments.

Old Merits
    BG Level

It seems like the camera is pulled way too far and you can't see the little details going on up close. It definitely had that DMC2 look to it. Character models look really skinny to me too, idk.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The gameplay doesn't seem too bad except for Dante's look and his new...angel powers. Bet these twilight girls will be all over those faggot looking dante.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    The gameplay doesn't seem too bad except for Dante's look and his new...angel powers. Bet these twilight girls will be all over those faggot looking dante.
    Oh damn, I forgot about the angel shit. That's a weird angle to take. I would have to agree that it doesn't exactly look bad. It looks fine, but all NT games look fine in trailers (not to mention DMC doesn't really shine in a trailer, if I want to show off the game it's with combo videos). I can't tell you how excited I was for Heavenly Sword. A mistake I will never make again.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Locations look way too big. That was one of the biggest problems with DMC2... large areas with few enemies. Gameplay looks better than I thought it would but still not expecting it to compete with 3 or 4... maybe 1 though. Unreal engine means they won't fill those large ass areas up with tons of enemies to fight too, because that shit will never hold a steady 30 FPS let alone 60 like DMC4. Half devil/half angel shit is awful. As for long aerial combos in previous games, it was never as excessive as this unless you learned how to jump cancel... if you did that you could pretty much stay in the air indefinitely...

Skip to 55 seconds or so... feet never touch the ground, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    This is the kind of shit you'll never see in DMC5 lol. I think I figured out the difference though, DMC5 the animations want to play through to the end so you see the whole thing, DMC4 has a lot more cancelling in it, so the moves have to be animated to be faster and look more bold. Hardly relevant, apart from the urge to look for more combo videos.

Old Merits
    BG Level

That kind of stuff really is jaw dropping. I'm always amazed how people can find ways to completely break a game like that and make it their bitch lol.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/de...lack-to-white/

Devil May Cry preview: From black to white

With any luck, you'll forgive me for not having spent dozens of hours learning the fine mechanics of past Devil May Cry games. Action games of the extra hardcore variety never quite appealed to me (outside of Ninja Gaiden, perhaps). But games like Bayonetta have gone a long way in convincing me I've been wrong all along, and Ninja Theory's take on Devil May Cry may just push me over the edge.

Though Capcom's focus for the demo was DMC's combat system, I found myself most impressed by the malignant world of limbo that surrounded Dante.

Taking a cue from past entires in the DMC series, the game's limbo world is full of Western European gothic architecture. Except, unlike previous titles, that world is surrealistically ripped apart -- it is a metaphysical plane, after all -- allowing for even more unusual events within the environment. At one point in the combat-heavy demo, Dante attempts to simply progress down a street before the entire town splits in half, leaving a gaping hole into the ether below. While the gameplay impact is low (you're forced to do some platforming to proceed), the dramatic effect is more than enough.

At multiple points during the three-stage demo, Dante was forced into a platforming section to proceed. Capcom producer Motohide Eshiro pushed Dante through these sections at breakneck speed, keeping with the franchise's style. It seems that, rather than dwelling on complex puzzle-style platforming, the Devil May Cry reboot is instead focusing on Dante going fast as hell at all times -- appropriate, given the series' pseudo-Catholic mythos storyline.

As I didn't get any hands-on time with the game, I can't say exactly how fresh it felt, but it looked just as good as I could hope for. Swapping seamlessly between the "Angel" stance (aerial combat-focused) and "Devil" stance (melee combat-focused), Eshiro launched demons in the air, filled 'em with holes from his dual revolvers, and lept into the juggle only to slam his foes down once more. It looked frantic, varied, and, most of all, fun.

Throughout the demo -- especially during short cutscenes -- a side character to Dante perked up and decided to help out. She lives in the real world, but can sometimes see Dante's existence in limbo and help him out. Ninja Theory and Capcom weren't talking about how exactly she'll impact gameplay just yet, but they did assure me that Dante will interact with her in some way or another. She only helped out in the demo by pointing out a freaky eyeball camera before running off to hide.

According to Ninja Theory, she's stuck in a darker, somewhat destroyed reality. How exactly she plays into the game's story is another question, however. As the demo was focused on combat, the game's demonstrators weren't keen to answer any queries about the plot. I was told (in all seriousness) that as this game is a prequel to past series entries, the story will seek to explain why Dante's hair goes from black to white. Crucial lore, folks!

I went into my demo of Devil May Cry with some trepidation. The series has long been one far off my radar, but Ninja Theory's colorful and even faster-paced interpretation of Capcom's long-running franchise went a long way in making me a convert. DMC is not expected to arrive until some time in 2012.

Eshiro launched demons in the air, filled 'em with holes from his dual revolvers, and lept into the juggle only to slam his foes down once more. It looked frantic, varied, and, most of all, fun.
    Seems like someone hasn't even played DMC1 lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

How the fuck can you even intelligently review a game when your first sentence is literally "Sup, never played the other ones but lemme tell you why this one is the most badass!?"

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    How the fuck can you even intelligently review a game when your first sentence is literally "Sup, never played the other ones but lemme tell you why this one is the most badass!?"

^ Fucking This.

The things he describes as innovative and jaw-dropping are the exact same thing we've seen since the 1st game. I seriously hope that guy's not getting payed for such spewed garbage.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Locations look way too big. That was one of the biggest problems with DMC2... large areas with few enemies. Gameplay looks better than I thought it would but still not expecting it to compete with 3 or 4... maybe 1 though. Unreal engine means they won't fill those large ass areas up with tons of enemies to fight too, because that shit will never hold a steady 30 FPS let alone 60 like DMC4. Half devil/half angel shit is awful. As for long aerial combos in previous games, it was never as excessive as this unless you learned how to jump cancel... if you did that you could pretty much stay in the air indefinitely...

Skip to 55 seconds or so... feet never touch the ground, lol.
    I am so much worse at this game than I thought I was about 2 minutes ago

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was told (in all seriousness) that as this game is a prequel to past series entries, the story will seek to explain why Dante's hair goes from black to white.
    Oh dear lord...

Nothing makes sense anymore. Nothing!!!

~~~

I mentioned this in spam not too long ago, but in spam only for some possible lolz:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105...8DMC-Reboot%29

We were chatting about E3, and he doesn't really know that much about games, but were going through a few games that were undergoing reboot. Eventually I brought up Devil May Cry and Googled some images for him to express my dislike for the new look.

Showed him the pic, he commented "oh that looks like my friend" -- I go really? He's designed after the guy who's in charge of rebooting the character, company is called Ninja Theory. Then I go back to the Google Image Results page and he suddenly points out "yeh there he is there!" and then said his name, followed by the poor sales of Heavenly Sword nearly bankrupting the company, etc.

I didn't believe him still so when he turned around I went to quickly clarify. It all matches up.

So here I with indirect access to a games designer.

Options:
    1) Assassination
    2) Sabotage
    3) Fanboy it/ask for demo

WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO !!!!
    &

I don't think I'm being trolled as it's not in his nature to make such claims nor play jokes like this. Even told me approximately where he lives too lol (which is where the head office/studio is)
    I'm going to try, haha. Don't expect results though, I'm unsure of the relationship between my mate and this dude from ninja theory.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if its anywhere near Birmingham hit me up i don't want to see a shit prequel done i want to see a master piece :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast