+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

DMC (Devil May Cry Reboot)

Now that this year’s Tokyo Game Show (TGS 2010) has officially kicked off, we are sure to hear news about upcoming video game releases. One that we do know a bit about is Capcom’s new “Devil May Cry” installment, which is to be titled “DMC.”

As reported by Johnny Cullen at vg247.com, “DMC” will be developed by Ninja Theory – the developers behind titles such as “Heavenly Sword” and the upcoming “Enslaved: Odyssey to the West” – and will be available for both the PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Although we now know what platforms the game will be available for, Capcom dev boss Keiji Inafune says that it is too soon to be talking about release dates. According to Ninja Theory head Tameen Antoniades, a bit of “freshness” has been applied to the series with “DMC.”

A few screen shots from “DMC” have made their way online (see vg247.com), as well as a trailer for the upcoming game. The trailer appears to show a younger version of Dante in what looks like an asylum, being asked the question: “What is your name?”

Searched and didn't see anything.

Someone posted some pictures concerning this in the Random Image Thread and I was confused so I did some looking around. When I found this trailer I started to rage with the red hot intensity of a thousand burning suns. The combat in the trailer looks cool, but everything else looks like complete and utter shit. Thanks Capcom and Ninja Theory. I enjoyed this series too much. It needed to be destroyed.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS THREAD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

yeah was mentioned in the tokyo game show thread. pretty much anyone with any love for devil may cry thinks this is a complete abortion of an idea. that's not dante.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THIS THREAD
    ^

not sure if want, probably will not

edit: yeah if they are calling that the same dante, do not want. found myself wondering the whole time "why is that little bitch kid wearing dante's jacket....but it is dante. fantastic.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Dante May Cry seems more accurate.

fuck capcom, and fuck the team ninja ripoff

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Haters' gon' hate. New dante looks like a fag but the cutscene looked pretty epic.

Who is this black-haired faggot and where is Dante?

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Haters' gon' hate. New dante looks like a fag but the cutscene looked pretty epic.
    Were we watching the same shit?

Terrible game will be terrible.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Call the game something else, call the protagonist something else = amazing game

Call it Devil May Cry and call the protagonist Dante = worst game eva

BG Level

Vid game nerd rage is the best kind of nerd rage

Wasn't this game confirmed to be run on unreal engine? Devil May Cry without 60 fps. Quite a blunder.

BG Level

Is it a legitimate question to ask whether some people are in love with DMC because of its sweet as combos or because they're in love with the franchise (not mutually exclusive), the same way many are in love with Final Fantasy as a franchise/brand?

I just wana ask this because it is already scientifically proven that people who care more about Final Fantasy as a franchise/brand are also raging faggots.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Is it a legitimate question to ask whether some people are in love with DMC because of its sweet as combos or because they're in love with the franchise (not mutually exclusive), the same way many are in love with Final Fantasy as a franchise/brand?

I just wana ask this because it is already scientifically proven that people who care more about Final Fantasy as a franchise/brand are also raging faggots.
    I don;t think DMC fans suffer from fanboyism over DMC games, but over the Dante character.
    Setting/characterization seems to be a big thing for the games. people raged when they changed Dante in DMC2, people rage even harder now that they completely changed Dante. DMC4 wasn't that bad because they didn't say "oh hay this new guy's supposed to be Dante".

that said, I just want them to remaster and rerelease DMC3 on PS3 like they did for GoW1-2.
    Best DMC that ever was and will ever be.

Dante's new look isn't going to be the worst thing about the game. That's probably the only thing that bothers me. Judging by Enslaved and Heavenly Sword this team simply can't make a 60-FPS fast-paced game with a complicated battle system. Well naturally the art design is dreadful, icing the on cake. On the bright side if this game implodes as bad as people think it will, it will serve a warning to outsourcing to America.

BG Level

This Dante looks like a crack addict.

New Odin
    BG Level

Ninja Theory is located in England.

Western art design is almost always inferior.. why do JP's keep messing up good franchises with shit like this?

Dante with bruises is silly

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post

DMC is all about the game play, I rage over the design as well, but my worry is that NT can't design good game play at all. They got nice production values and polish, but the actual game is always subpar.

If Capcom is doing the game play and NT the story/graphics etc, it could turn out to be a good game. But I wouldn't hold my breath. The trailer just signals that NT have no idea what DMC is about. Who runs up to a monster only to shoot it in the face? Why does Dante stop suddenly in mid-air and slam straight down? DMC has never been strict on physics, but this shit just looks wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast