1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 1 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dein View Post
    Can anyone offer some insight on how to better handle the add phase in A3S? My group is working on getting this phase down so we can consistently get to the final phase and it feels like we're mishandling the phase and making it harder than it needs to be.

We've tried sectioning the field up and having 1 dps be responsible for an assigned quadrant but adds can spawn pretty lopsided and make this impractical. Furthermore, if the drainage tethers go to players on the opposite side of the arena from one of the tanks does the tank run through the puddle in the middle in order to grab a tether or is it best that they go around to avoid the ticking damage since drainage can do so much damage in the first place?
    Communication. Call out what you're doing. Call out target letter when moving to one to stun. If you have to run through drainage, just Holmgang the tether if you take a tick.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Jesus christ, no. Fuck don't bring that cancer here.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    Congratulations to both Elysium and Lucrezia, but thinking that they don't take weeks off of work for this type of stuff is naiive.
    This is their life for the most part; assure you that the majority of the scene either works at home, are in school, or are unemployed.

After the first 2 week rush of progression, it dies down. However, it still is a number 1 priority for them.

I know people who didn't even server first and took two weeks off of work.
    considering the differences in us work/education culture vs jp work/education, i think jp players are much less likely to be able to afford to take 2+ weeks off of work/school, considering how much more important it is for them compared to personal life. so its pretty believable to me that they are likely to raid less because of those obligations. either way, both are good achievements, nothing to really undermine

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurily View Post
    considering the differences in us work/education culture vs jp work/education, i think jp players are much less likely to be able to afford to take 2+ weeks off of work/school, considering how much more important it is for them compared to personal life. so its pretty believable to me that they are likely to raid less because of those obligations. either way, both are good achievements, nothing to really undermine
    Not undermining it at all. How is stating that they spend much more time raiding than most of the people in this thread a way to diminish them? lol

I'm pretty happy that the NA team, regardless of who they are, won this content patch.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Jesus christ, no. Fuck don't bring that cancer here.
    mwahahahaha

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For the hours spent, it essentially went like this:
    Week 1-2: Go Hard
    Week 3-4: Two lockouts for 5 dys per week
    This week: Go hard

A few extra days were taken off from "Go Hard" because people did not plan for a month-long progression tier. For example, they only stepped into AS4 on THURS this week due to RL vacation plans.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    Not undermining it at all. How is stating that they spend much more time raiding than most of the people in this thread a way to diminish them? lol

I'm pretty happy that the NA team, regardless of who they are, won this content patch.
    the comment about undermining achievement stuff was just directed at the topic of jp player schedules vs na player schedules rather than anyone or anything specifc

I'd take time off work for a single player game any day of the week (MGS5 plz), I dunno why it would be different if FFXIV is your priority.

Also this is pretty hilarious. What to do when your significant other has something to do? Do something else!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The only thing more horrible than dating a world first raider is dating a world second raider. The shame would be unbearable.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    About time! Watched your stream lol
    hahaha thanks for droping by and sorry for daily rage )*(#&(*&#!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    A wall plaque would be awesome. FCs could hang them in their house.

Do world 1-10 and Server 1-10 or something. Send it to the party leaders Dbox.
    I like this idea, but lazy FCs will stay lazy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Doesn't WoW have a shit load of server/world 1st achievements every expansion?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Think the difference (maybe) is that the top of the bunch raiders in WoW are professionally sponsored?

quick edit: oh, I misread. Yeh they do. The announcements are also server wide, so if you're in-game at the time and suddenly the achievement notification pops up, it'll tell you XYZ has beat ABC raid first. Perhaps region wide for world first clears. (NA, EU, etc)

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    hahaha thanks for droping by and sorry for daily rage )*(#&(*&#!
    I always forget Arthars on twitch is Arthars on BG, the avatar here always inhibits my ability to relate the two lol

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Think the difference (maybe) is that the top of the bunch raiders in WoW are professionally sponsored?

quick edit: oh, I misread. Yeh they do. The announcements are also server wide, so if you're in-game at the time and suddenly the achievement notification pops up, it'll tell you XYZ has beat ABC raid first. Perhaps region wide for world first clears. (NA, EU, etc)
    There's no region wide. Just server. There's some restrictions for it too. You have to have been on your server for x days to qualify etc.

Why is Eanae even in this discussion? Seems like you're just giving voice to someone who ain't even beat A4S like us big dick alpha bros yet.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Getting popcorn back out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I always forget Arthars on twitch is Arthars on BG, the avatar here always inhibits my ability to relate the two lol
    updated avatar then!! XD

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Leona Dawnstar
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    In the end, does getting World First, or World 27ths matter?
    Yes it does in a way, it doesnt matter whom gets it first, what matters is how fast they got it, because then a company in this case Square Enix has to evaluate if the Dev team that created content ,created it with the proper challenge or not. If you beat a game's content way ahead of when the developers anticipated(lets say 3 weeks to a month) you would with gear gates already implemented then they need to patch things up.

I think this was the case with FCOB? due to pentamelds I believe world first's were achieve faster than anticipated. Correct me if wrong on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoseijuro View Post
    Yes it does in a way, it doesnt matter whom gets it first, what matters is how fast they got it, because then a company in this case Square Enix has to evaluate if the Dev team that created content ,created it with the proper challenge or not. If you beat a game's content way ahead of when the developers anticipated(lets say 3 weeks to a month) you would with gear gates already implemented then they need to patch things up.
    Banging your head against a wall can have perceived meaning as does beating something first in a videogame but most people wouldn't consider that a thing that matters, even from a development standpoint. It's not like they have strict IF THEY BEAT IN 4 WEEKS OR LESS WE'RE FUCKED, and groups beating content earlier than expected means they underestimated players.

Unless it's things like fixing Twisters in T5, it doesn't really matter who gets where first. The fact that savage tier raids aren't brutally overtuned everytime in order to adhere to some secret timetable means they only consider world firsts as an achievement, rather than some critical element in their design plans.