Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Lost Season 5

IGN Video: Lost TV Commercial - Season 5 Preview

All I can say is DAMN you bastards for releasing this so early! We have 2 and a half months to go until the new season and oh god I cannot wait. That preview was fucking epic.

Edit: Did some lurking on some forums. Someone leaked the first 6 episode titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoilers
    Episode 5.01 - Because You Left
    Episode 5.02 - The Lie
    Episode 5.03 - Jughead
    Episode 5.04 - The Little Prince
    Episode 5.05 - This Place is Death
    Episode 5.06 - The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
    All I can say is that episode 6 is probably going to win a fucking Oscar.

Found another preview!

Lost Spoilers - The Ultimate Lost Spoiler Site: Destiny Calls - Season 5 Promo

I can't help but get a bad feeling seeing everyone in the dark like that..

Edit: MORE info!

It's Official - Lost Returns 21st January 8/7 Central
    UPDATE
    with more info

Quote:
    There were a number of rumors going around about the Season 5 Premiere being a 2 hour event. I've just got confirmation from ABC that this is in fact true.

20:00 - 1 Hr Recap Show
    21:00 - Episode 5.01
    22:00 - Episode 5.02

Quote:
    'Lost' season 5 gets a premiere date

Nov 7, 2008, 03:58 PM | by Jeff Jensen

We don't know where the Island went -- but now know when we'll be seeing it again. ABC insiders say that the fifth season of the Emmy-nominated cypto-drama will premiere with a two-hour event on Jan. 21, 2009, at 8 p.m. That's a Wednesday, in case you don't know next year's calendar by heart, which means that Lost will be returning to its original day-of-the-week slot. (Last season, it aired on Thursday nights.)

While plans are still being finalized, sources indicate Lost will launch with its first two episodes aired back-to-back, not a single, two-hour opus like its season finales. (Should ABC reconsider the plan, look for the first hour of the two-hour event to be some kind of recap special.) Still TBD: if Lost will be making 8 p.m. its weekly Wednesday berth. An 8 p.m. start means the show will be competing against (gulp) Fox's American Idol. At 9 p.m., Lost will be tangling with Fox's new House-meets-The Mentalist procedural, Lie To Me, which will premiere the same night as Lost's return. When we get the regular time slot thing nailed down, we'll let you know. -- Additional reporting by Michael Ausiello and Lynette Rice

UPDATE: Look for Lost to make 9 p.m. its regular time slot, according to a source, albeit with the caveat that plans aren't 100 percent finalized.

Preview was amazing, now to play the waiting game ; ;

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

CANT WAIT!

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Damn...it is back on Wednesdays when I'm busy. Gonna be watching this season the internet (I need a DVR badly). ><

Can't wait though.

Champion of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    Damn...it is back on Wednesdays when I'm busy. Gonna be watching this season the internet (I need a DVR badly). ><

Can't wait though.
    ABC.com usually has it up a few hours after it airs. That's where I usually end up watching it at since I work Wednesday nights.

Edit: Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous thread. It shouldn't really be a spoiler, but I'll put in in tags just in case:

Spoiler: show
    When watching the preview, the part about being rescued after 108 days stood out then I double checked my first thought which was that 108 is the sum of "the numbers" and it was correct. I doubt this is a coincidence, so I'm looking forward even more to how the numbers fit in to everything.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man January is going to be a tough month for me... 24 and LOST returning. <3

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

LOST...THE BEST IS BACK!

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    ABC.com usually has it up a few hours after it airs. That's where I usually end up watching it at since I work Wednesday nights.

Edit: Not sure if this was mentioned in the previous thread. It shouldn't really be a spoiler, but I'll put in in tags just in case:

When watching the preview, the part about being rescued after 108 days stood out then I double checked my first thought which was that 108 is the sum of "the numbers" and it was correct. I doubt this is a coincidence, so I'm looking forward even more to how the numbers fit in to everything.
    Also, just another cool thing about that number:

The episode where Desmond becomes a monk, but then gets fired for being drunk off the sacrament - the head monk asked Desmond if he knew why each bottle cost 10 quid, and told it was because they only managed to box 108 cases that year.

Nothing significant, I don't think - just cool.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I think I just came in my pants and 108 pops up everywhere on the show lol

E. Body
    BG Level

I always avoid previews of things I anticipate, I don't want to ruin anything/any scene.

Over the past month, I watched Seasons 3-4 again. Quality television. So many interesting plotlines.

This is probably the most interesting blog on LOST I've read: .

I love the theory on cyclical control of the Island, and the parallels between characters which could clue background information on some characters such as Widmore, and hint at what lays ahead (outside, likely, of the purview of the show) with Aaron. I think the timeline of the show is going to end in 2008 - that's when, according to the theory, shit will hit the fan (again).

A. Body
    BG Level

You know, I love watching Lost too (especially after last season), but that trailer sucks ass, nothing really happens in there except telling you what you already know/expect.

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Things usually aren't given away in teaser trailers.

Tonko

Caps lock is not cruise control for cool

Groovebox

Since we're talking about promos... this one from Comic Con was pretty awesome... has faraday in it <3

YouTube - LOST Season 5 Sneak Peek (HQ!): Faraday On The Past!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I am so pumped for Lost to start again . I've been intentionally staying away from all the fansites and spoilerblogs because I don't want it ruined at all. I managed to ruin the finale for myself last season and it didn't turn out as epic because of that.

blargh lost hurry up

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    I managed to ruin the finale for myself last season and it didn't turn out as epic because of that.

blargh lost hurry up
    (Not a season 5 preview spoiler, but from Season 4's finale)
    I think the way they showed the Island move (flash+water converging w/ no Island there) was awesome. What I love most about LOST is how many times it makes me go "holy shit..." out loud. In fact, the best episodes are the ones that have the most HS' in them.

Favorite episode: The Constant (Desmond's season 4 episode)
    Favorite sequence: Probably the Hatch stuff from Season 1 or the result of Keamy's ultimatum to Ben at the Barracks

I had a series question here - I've been thinking about this for some time now, and I know it's a long shot, but are we sure Rousseau is who she says she is? Her accent definitely isn't French, and I went back and listened to the distress call and it's definitely not hers. I hate to be wrong on this only because she's since been killed - if we never get any more information on her story line, I'm going to be pissed.

My biggest reasoning, however (as the top can be just slips by the writers/producers), is that her story doesn't match, at all. According to what she tells Sayid/what we know, she and her team of scientists landed on the Island in 1988 - four years prior to Ben & the Others' purge in 1992. In that time she said they never made any contact w/ the Others, and she only identified those "voices" with the Others. Her team got "the Sickness" and all died, some of which she killed (such as her husband Robert). So here are a few questions:

1) How did Rousseau and her band of scientists manage to be on the Island for four years during elevated activity between the Others & the DHARMA Initiative, and fail to have contact with either group?

2) How was Alex taken from Rousseau if she did, in fact, manage to never have contact with them?

3) And the obvious stuff, what is the Sickness, how did the scientists "contract" it?

I hope that there's credence in some of this stuff, if nothing else to add intrigue to her character.

Man, if I could erase my memory just for one show, to watch it all over again, hands down it'd be LOST. I do enjoy the theme of survival being so dominant to start with, and so subconsciously vital as the show's characters & plot progressed.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

We'll see Rosseau's flashback at somepoint according to DL and CC, so hopefully this season it will happen.

1) I was under the impression that Rosseau's team wasn't on the island for that long before she killed them, and afterwards she's lead a relatively reclusive life so I don't think its that impossible that she was able to avoid people despite the high activity

2) Alex could've been taken while she was asleep or they could've drugged her so her memory of it all is gone.

3) The Sickness if it indeed exists is likely airborne, hence the stuff in Desmond's flashbacks @ the hatch.

Honestly, though I hate speculating on this show simply because like you I love having my mind blown with the HOLY SHIT moments when something is revealed lol. So I guess just hold tight until this season or next when they reveal her history.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

anyone else get chills? 1:15.. fucking lame tho

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    I had a series question here - I've been thinking about this for some time now, and I know it's a long shot, but are we sure Rousseau is who she says she is? Her accent definitely isn't French, and I went back and listened to the distress call and it's definitely not hers. I hate to be wrong on this only because she's since been killed - if we never get any more information on her story line, I'm going to be pissed.
    The reason behind the not her voice during distress call is that was made during the pilot episode, she wasn't casted to play Rosseau untill quite a few episodes in so they had to get another voice actress to do it.

I too love Rosseau's character and was very dissapointed how she was offed on the show, also dissapointed that some people get multiple flashbacks (like fucking charlie, hate the cunt) and she got absolutely nothing. They better give her some flashbacks, as well as Libby. I was happy to see libby as a nurse, dissapointed to see it for a whole 3 seconds. Bleh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if I read this right, we're going to get 3 hours of Lost on "opening night"? With 2/3rds of it being new stuff?

Oh man, that will be an epic night of TV watching.
    65 days and counting.