Closed Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Almighty Apkallu     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Almighty Apkallu

So to continue on from the other thread, Almighty Apkallu is (AFAIK) the only remaining ToAU NM that has still not been found, and is likely to drop birdman cape and possibly skanda boots. It is in the .dats for the sea route from nashmau to al zahbi, and not the other way around. It doesn't seem to have an obvious pop condition such as lottery of the apkallu on the boat or to just be up.

The idea that it is a 21-24 hr pop when the AC is gone was made up by people that were lying about where they got sanguine sword, so that condition probably shouldn't be given much thought.

I think it is likely the unique qualities of apkallu have something to do with it's pop condition, such as it's hate system, trading them fish, emotes, or trading fish to the apkallu npcs in other zones, or even a combination of these.

Some things to try with high to max (or any) apkallu hate:

- Kill apkallu on boat.
    - Damage apkallu on boat to low life but keep it alive for a period of time.
    - Follow the apkallu around and get in it's face without attacking it, trying to 'scare' it like in the apkallu seizure assault.
    - Use 'bad' emotes on the apkallu. (/slap, /angry, etc.)
    - Fishing on the boat.
    - Eat a bunch of apkallu eggs on the boat, maybe in front of the apkallu. (lol)
    - Go on an apkallu killing spree in other zones (arrapago and/or zhayolmm), than immediately go hang out on the boat and try the above things.

Zero to low (or any) apkallu hate:

- Leave apkallu alive.
    - Trade the apkallu certain fish.
    - 'Good' emotes on apkallu. (/wave, /cheer, /bow, etc.)
    - Good emotes than trade fish.
    - Trade fish to apkallu npcs in other zones (arrapago and zhayolm), than try some of the above things.

Some information regarding apkallu can be found in this thread for reference:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...p?f=31&t=23159

Re: Almighty Apkallu

>_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Guys, I heard if you pop him on watersday facing Northeast he drops a stack of Imperial Wootz Ingots.

Boots plz

Are their any quests that are repeatable and involve this sea route?

Sagacious Sundi

Almighty Apkallu is (AFAIK) the only remaining ToAU NM that has still not been found
    There's still the 1F madame, if that counts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Been a long time, but I remember hearing about Almight Apkallu on my server. Doubt I remember correctly, but I don't think he spawns when the AC is lost, but more "during" a Besieged event. 100% positive its on the ferry from Nash > Whitgate (that I remember clearly).
    It's not Apkallu hate related. Think its more like the Selbina ferry and the pirates. It only spawns once every 21-24 period, so if u miss it ur SoL, (???) or during some time frame. and it can be on "either" of the ferries that leaves Nash. So just because u don't see it doesn't mean it didn't spawn, could just have spawned on the other ferry that circulates between Nash > Whitegate.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, I think the AC is still AWOL on Midgar, guess I can go dick around on ferry.

Isnt that the one that drops that Red Paladin Sword?
    If so, the only time anyone i know has ever seen it pop was when the Candy was gone.

edit: Excuuuuuse me for missing one sentence while paying attention to the bulk of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJustice
    Isnt that the one that drops that Red Paladin Sword?
    If so, the only time anyone i know has ever seen it pop was when the Candy was gone.
    Congratulations on not reading the first post.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan
    Been a long time, but I remember hearing about Almight Apkallu on my server. Doubt I remember correctly, but I don't think he spawns when the AC is lost, but more "during" a Besieged event. 100% positive its on the ferry from Nash > Whitgate (that I remember clearly).
    It's not Apkallu hate related. Think its more like the Selbina ferry and the pirates. It only spawns once every 21-24 period, so if u miss it ur SoL, (???) or during some time frame. and it can be on "either" of the ferries that leaves Nash. So just because u don't see it doesn't mean it didn't spawn, could just have spawned on the other ferry that circulates between Nash > Whitegate.
    If it popped once every 21-24 hours, there would have to be at least one recorded sighting of it.

There hasn't been.

GUYS! I hear you can fish up Almighty Apkallu if you use an Ebisu Rod and an Orobon Lure from Hydra.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

You know, this seems really stupid, but maybe AA is fished up with a special bait, or when you have max hate, or no hate, or after a bird dies on the boat, or something. How many people really fish on that boat?

Could explain why it's never been seen, some insane pop condition requirement. Fisher with max bird hate or something like that perhaps?

Maybe hate has to be a certain level, not max or 0?

Their's a huge enough range to justify why nobody has seen it yet. Just now I was hitting one on the ship on with my kraken club + enspell seemed to give it +1 MDB for every ~25 hits. Dmg went from +15 > +14 > +13 over time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan
    If it popped once every 21-24 hours, there would have to be at least one recorded sighting of it.

There hasn't been.

GUYS! I hear you can fish up Almighty Apkallu if you use an Ebisu Rod and an Orobon Lure from Hydra.
    Ill ask some friends when I get a chance to log on (hopefully they will be around). Somebody did spot A.A on our server but they didn't kill it before the boat docked. This was many months ago but.. since my friends still play FF regularly, I'm sure they will have a better memory regarding AA than me

And not necessarily in regards to the 21-24 hr thing and ppl having to of seen it by now. Nobody takes the Nash > Whitegate ferry unless they are looking for something or forgot to set HP. So unless many ppl were searching for AA (or another NM on the boat) its unlikely they would cross paths w/ a NM that could spawn once on either boat per day.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i figured apkallu was a type of bird (IRL), so i searched wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apkallu

Abgal, or (Apkallu) is the name of a groups of spirits from Sumerian mythology. They are the attendant spirits of Enki.[1] There were seven spirits in total, they are protective spirits and are represented as mermen, part man, part fish.[1] They have their origins in the earlier Apsu.

Adapa (U-an, Oannes) was the first of the Apkallu. The others were U-an-dugga, En-me-duga, En-me-galanna, En-me-buluga, An-enlilda, and Utu-abzu.
    http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/meso ... eity=ABGAL

Middle eastern mythology.. hmm

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    i figured apkallu was a type of bird (IRL), so i searched wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apkallu

Abgal, or (Apkallu) is the name of a groups of spirits from Sumerian mythology. They are the attendant spirits of Enki.[1] There were seven spirits in total, they are protective spirits and are represented as mermen, part man, part fish.[1] They have their origins in the earlier Apsu.

Adapa (U-an, Oannes) was the first of the Apkallu. The others were U-an-dugga, En-me-duga, En-me-galanna, En-me-buluga, An-enlilda, and Utu-abzu.
    http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/meso ... eity=ABGAL

Middle eastern mythology.. hmm
    Mijin Gakure the Apkallu on the boat?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia
    Well, I think the AC is still AWOL on Midgar, guess I can go dick around on ferry.
    i spent 3 hours on boat today, killing the Apkallu and anything else that popped, i found nothing with frigid shuffle hate

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Made the mistake of fishing up an Orobon...was doing fine til it Seismic tailed me.

Think ill go farm some organs.

Apkallu hate is weird. I was riding the boat back and forth today for a while because I didn't want to screw with changing my home point, and killing any apkallu that popped on either trip to try to build hate. I had close to 0 hate before starting, so of course they only used Yawn, but on one trip to Nashmau a JP RDM cured me while I was fighting one, and it started attacking her and another one linked, so I invited her rather than MPK, and they had access to at least Frigid Shuffle and Beak Lunge. Then when both were dead another popped, and before engaging I dropped PT, and put up blockaid so she wouldn't cure me again (meaning I was solo the entire time) and its first WS was Wing Whirl. Then on the ride back to Al Zhabi another Apkallu popped, which returned to only using Yawn, and afterwards I went to Arrapago Reef and killed about a dozen and every one of them only used Yawn until the last one before I got bored and left which did Beak Lunge. Anyhow, I only mention this because it seems I somehow retained the RDM's hate level even after disbanding PT, and not sure why that would be.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I can't see the NM being linked to fishing skill. Are any mobs in the game linked to fishing skill? I don't think so. One thing I would say is that when Akpallus pop on the ferry they don't "pop" exactly the same way as normal mobs do out of thin air. They actually "jump" out of the water and somersault over the rail onto the deck. You gotta be quick to see this and I only noticed it from fishing. So if the NM is made to pop I'm pretty sure it would do the same thing.

Dunno if this helps any (probably not) but I'm intrigued with these unfound NMs and peeps did a great job on Ravin Raven.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast