The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Furthermore, this treant is fucking adorable.

http://i48.tinypic.com/34474ue.png

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Popped Eft NM named Abas in Abyssea-Tahrongi using Eft Egg dropped by nearby mobs. Pretty easy kill, got Maestria Mask DEX3 ACC11 LV77 a bunch of jobs. Dropped a Quivering Eft Egg too, no clue yet what it's for.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3481/dsc05553i.jpg

BEHEMOR IS COME
    TAKE ALL HIGH QUALITY

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dont Kare
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Uther

No SS but there are also cointeach mobs in Konschtat. These ones have TP moves however and seem to have a fairly large aggro radius. They used a conal AoE move called Death... something I can't remember but it did damage and blind.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dontkare View Post
    No SS but there are also cointeach mobs in Konschtat. These ones have TP moves however and seem to have a fairly large aggro radius. They used a conal AoE move called Death... something I can't remember but it did damage and blind.
    And by fairly large he means like 20 or over.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisBanks View Post
    Popped Eft NM named Abas in Abyssea-Tahrongi using Eft Egg dropped by nearby mobs. Pretty easy kill, got Maestria Mask DEX3 ACC11 LV77 a bunch of jobs. Dropped a Quivering Eft Egg too, no clue yet what it's for.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3481/dsc05553i.jpg

Quivering egg along w/ rare meat that cockatrice drop in Tahrongi are both needed to trade to a ??? to trigger something. Good find. We got the meat but couldn't find the egg.

Edit: ??? is found near middle of map, by a ball sack tree.

What was your set up for abas?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Great deal of location + pop info coming on Abyssea - Konschtat, gimme a bit to compile!

First, I'm pretty sure the maps do not correlate exactly. If anyone has the Abyssea map, that'd be great.

Veridical Conflux #01 is at at the entrance.
    Veridical Conflux #02 is at (G-10)
    Veridical Conflux #03 is at ( D-8 )
    Veridical Conflux #04 is at ( H-8 )
    Veridical Conflux #05 is at (G-6)
    Veridical Conflux #06 is at (F-5)
    Veridical Conflux #07 is at (K-7)

A ??? pop requiring a ripped eft skin is at (G-9).
    A ??? pop requiring a giant bugard tusk is at (H-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a square of moonglow cloth is at (L-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a clouded lens is at (K-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a rotting eyeball is at ( J-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring a tiny morbol vine is at ( I-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring an oblivisipore mushroom is at ( G-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring a clump of snakeskin moss is at ( F-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring an armored dragon horn is at (G-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a giant slug eyestalk is at (F-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a vial of eft blood is at (G-5).

A ??? requiring a key item, twisted Tonberry crown, is at (K-4).
    A ??? requiring key items, tattered hippogryph wing, cracked wivre worn, and mucid Ahriman eyeball is at (H-5).
    A ??? requiring key items, fragrant treant petal, fetid rafleshia stalk, decaying morbol tooth, turbid slime oil, and venomous peiste claw is at (I-7).**

**I am guessing this is the main focus of the zone.

A mini pink treant NM named Gangly Gean is at (E-10).
    An imp NM named Bakka is at (?-?).

Thanks to those who helped. :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Great deal of location + pop info coming on Abyssea - Konschtat, gimme a bit to compile!

First, I'm pretty sure the maps do not correlate exactly. If anyone has the Abyssea map, that'd be great.

Veridical Conflux #02 is at (G-10)
    Veridical Conflux #03 is at ( D-8 )
    Veridical Conflux #04 is at ( H-8 )
    Veridical Conflux #05 is at (G-6)
    Veridical Conflux #06 is at (F-5)
    Veridical Conflux #07 is at (K-7)

A ??? pop requiring a ripped eft skin is at (G-9).
    A ??? pop requiring a giant bugard tusk is at (H-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a square of moonglow cloth is at (L-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a clouded lens is at (K-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a rotting eyeball is at ( J-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring a tiny morbol vine is at ( I-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring an oblivisipore mushroom is at ( G-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring a clump of snakeskin moss is at ( F-8 ).
    A ??? pop requiring an armored dragon horn is at (G-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a giant slug eyestalk is at (F-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a vial of eft blood is at (G-5).

A ??? requiring a key item, twisted Tonberry crown, is at (K-4).
    A ??? requiring key items, tattered hippogryph wing, cracked wivre worn, and mucid Ahriman eyeball is at (H-5).
    A ??? requiring key items, fragrant treant petal, fetid rafleshia stalk, decaying morbol tooth, turbid slime oil, and venomous peiste claw is at (I-7).**

**I am guessing this is the main focus of the zone.

A mini pink treant NM named Gangly Gean is at (E-10).
    An imp NM named Bakka is at (?-?).

Thanks to those who helped. :D

??? (J-11) - Murmuring Globule
    Pops Soulflayer - Ashtaerth the Gallvexed

Not too bad, can kill in 5-10 mins with a 2 party team. BRING STUNS!!
    Uses Thundaga III like his bretheren, but then graduates to Thundaga IV, Waterga IV after 50%.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictusx View Post
    Quivering egg along w/ rare meat that cockatrice drop in Tahrongi are both needed to trade to a ??? to trigger something. Good find. We got the meat but couldn't find the egg.

Edit: ??? is found near middle of map, by a ball sack tree.

What was your set up for abas?
    We had about 15 people, NM was a joke. We were all 76-80, I'd say a balanced party of 6 would kill it with little to no difficulty. Had potent toxic spit, I'd say maybe 20+ a tick but was not paying attention. The spit is AoE or conal AoE and not single target if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info on what it triggers, going to lead a run tomorrow night and go for the rare meat then for that NM. Do you remember what group of mobs the ??? that asked for both items was near?

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Like others in my group said, don't aggro Mimics. Constant 30'+ range Stun whilst trying to deal with Tough adds and an NM with lots of HP that hits like a truck at low HP isn't fun.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We had about 15 people, NM was a joke. We were all 76-80, I'd say a balanced party of 6 would kill it with little to no difficulty. Had potent toxic spit, I'd say maybe 20+ a tick but was not paying attention. The spit is AoE or conal AoE and not single target if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for the info on what it triggers, going to lead a run tomorrow night and go for the rare meat then for that NM. Do you remember what group of mobs the ??? that asked for both items was near?
    Near a ton of Cluckatrice that aggro by sight and link by sight. So middle of map and near a tree that a ton of Cluckatrice are humping.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictusx View Post
    Near a ton of Cluckatrice that aggro by sight and link by sight. So middle of map and near a tree that a ton of Cluckatrice are humping.
    Sweet, thanks. I'm assuming it's the group of Cluckatrice we found further up the map then. We got Bloody Fang from bats which is used nearby at a ??? along with an Exorcised Skull to pop something. I asked our Ranger to widescan for mobs but he did not see anything resembling undead nearby. My assumption that it drops from undead may be wrong.

On another note, I had originally assumed that 1 monster of the group at random holds the pop item. This is not true, as we got 3 Bloody Fang from bats today. Bring your THFs4Dmg!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ran the short path out of konstat to the open area. Found a bunch of npc fighters near a martello. One asked for a specific item.

Ran out and fought gobbue's till it dropped a pop item (forget the name). Took about 6-7 kills with TH4. Mobs were super weak and repopped really fast. Started to repop at IT++ to a lvl 80. They started as VT to 75.

Popped the Gobbue NM Bombadeel. Hits not that hard but pretty fast. Uppercut was doing 500-600 on the pld. Blow did only 150 dmg to a ninja with berserk on and ignored shadows. Stun from Blow lasted about 10 secs. Had about 15 people and we took it down in 4-5 mins. The gobbue dropped the item that the NPC at the base was asking for. We ran out of time before we could run back to give it to him.

Gonna do it again tomorrow and see what the NPC gives for completing that "Quest".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Abyssea - La Theine is so much more massive, so I couldn't really scout well.

Would be awesome if more people could start posting info with what mobs popped from which item and where the item dropped from to begin with, etc. ;p Sorry if that line was confusing.

Anyways, compiling (what I got out of) Abyssea - La Theine, posting here, and adding to OP.

----

Veridical Conflux #02 is at (D-8)
    Veridical Conflux #03 is at (?-?)
    Veridical Conflux #04 is at (H-11)
    Veridical Conflux #05 is at (?-?)
    Veridical Conflux #06 is at (L-11)
    Veridical Conflux #07 is at (K-6)
    Veridical Conflux #08 is at (I-9)

A ??? pop requiring a trophy shield is at (?-?). **Would be C-4 on normal map, forgot to note POS.
    A ??? pop requiring a piceous scale is at (H-7).
    A ??? pop requiring a transparent insect wing is at (I-7).
    A ??? pop requiring a dried chigoe is at (L-6).
    A ??? pop requiring a raw mutton chop is at (J-8)
    A ??? pop requiring a bug-eaten hat is at (J-11).
    A ??? pop requiring a winter puk egg is at (J-11).
    A ??? pop requiring a filthy gnole claw is at (G-11).

A ??? requiring key items, pellucid fly eye, and shimmering pixie pinion is at (H-7).
    A ??? requiring key items, marbled mutton chop, bloodied saber tooth, blood-smeared gigas helm, and glittering pixie choker is at (H-7).

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This, I just went in with a fairly balanced group of 6 people and everything seemed pretty easy. We didn't have any run ins with any NMs though so I can't gauge how well the party would've done against any. But it a regular XP party will be able to farm cruor just fine.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just did an hours worth of La Theine. Killed the Habel Gigas or whatever with PLD/RDM/BLM. Level 80 PLD with Phalanx/Reprisal/2 new job traits is just awesome against these guys. Tough MNK mobs doing 0's over and over to a non-aegis PLD. Got socks on about the 4-5th one.

Popped the NM Pantagruel not knowing anything about it. Another MNK type mob with some twists. First, heavily resistant to magic. ES Burst II from a good BLM was doing 600. Nukes sucked in general (what else is new nowadays). Atonement damage was halved.

We got it to 50% from PLD and BLM damage alone in like 25 minutes. Has a TP move called Moribund Hack which leaves you at 25% HP (estimated) and fully resets hate. Move has a small AoE to the sides and unknown range in the front (presumably very large judging by the animation).

Also uses Ice Roar, which does moderate (250-450) damage to a PLD with Shell IV. After Ice Roar, it gains Ice Spikes and En-blizzard for approximately 1 minute. Neither can be dispelled. Ice Spikes paralyze is HIGHLY annoying and En-blizzard does about 45-50 additional damage.

It did not use any other TP moves and it did not use Hundred Fists from 100% to 50%. A PLD, RDM and SMN could probably trio this with ease in under 30 minutes.

PLD is highly recommended; Probably the only thing that can take the abuse this thing dishes out. NIN sub was practically worthless, as it attacks 2-4 times per round. Slow II highly recommended, Elegy probably does wonders as well. If you don't have a PLD, you CAN kite it up the ridge and around the little brick fences that line the road. Very easy to kite.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Elegy does land on him, but we had a lot of multihit weapons when we fought him causing him to basically spam TP moves. When it was just the PLD and me, my Elegy made him attack slow enough that he had zero problems going from shadow to shadow; he hits abysmally slow it seemed. Moribund Hack can outright kill you (as it did two of our people when we fought it) and it can also be stunned if you have someone ready for it.

Like Belkin said the Habel Gigas drop an Oversized Sock which is then used to pop Pantagruel around F-7. We went in without TH as well and it dropped on the 3rd or 4th mob for us.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Seems all around the map are groups of reskins of old enemies, in the middle are ??? to spawn NMs (enemies of that area seem to drop the item needed to spawn). Some NMs seem to be lotto spawn or timed spawn, not sure. Most likely lotto.

Also, titan NM just walking around.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

fyi Gangly Gean in highlands is nasty... i'm not sure if all of my information is correct but here's my accessment...

it seems like he aggros sappling job ability. my friends and i were trying to clear sapplings from around him so we can get a clean pull. we killed a few but when we were killing a third sappling, he moved somewhat close (probably about 20' away). he sat there until one of our sapplings used slumber powder... then gangly gean came running and completely destroyed us. it seems like he has aoe melee attacks... in a matter of like 1 second he hit myself, my wyvern, my friend, and my friend's wyvern at the same time. hit us all for about 500-ish. then casted thundaga 3 and wiped the rest of our group (only had 4).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Question: If you activate conflux, you can use confluxes to teleport back and forth between others right?

Along with that, do they remain activated when you come back next time? Maybe for exploration sake step 1 for abyssea is for us to get a complete list of all confluxes and activate them all individually. Otherwise if you need to go and activate them all everytime you come in Ima be pissed >

Edit: Also can you see confluxes on widescan?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Question: If you activate conflux, you can use confluxes to teleport back and forth between others right?

Along with that, do they remain activated when you come back next time? Maybe for exploration sake step 1 for abyssea is for us to get a complete list of all confluxes and activate them all individually. Otherwise if you need to go and activate them all everytime you come in Ima be pissed >

Edit: Also can you see confluxes on widescan?
    I have an extra stone that I might not need tonight. I will get the first conflux when I enter with my group, and later come back to see if I have to repurchase it.

I'm fairly confident that it is a one time purchase. The prices of the others seem to be rather high otherwise. Not to mention that by the time you get the confluxes, there will be no point to them.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 150 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast