Thread: "Additions to GM Policy"     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"Additions to GM Policy"

https://secure.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/policy.shtml

Outline

Our Game Masters (GMs) are responsible for monitoring and regulating the in-game environment to provide a fair, safe and enjoyable game play experience for our customers. Game Masters play a major role in rescuing player characters that have become stuck, they take action against 3rd party tool users, and respond to user requests for issues such as lost items etc.

The GM policy is a set of rules by which all GMs operate to ensure that the game proceeds smoothly for all FINAL FANTASY XI users.

All GM policies are now available to the public for reference. These policies will be updated when new issues arise that need to be addressed.

If you have any comments or opinions regarding our GM policies or procedures, we would like to hear your feedback. Player feedback is one of our most important sources of information. It allows us to continually improve our support as well as improve and revise future GM policies.
    Check the page for links to specific policies.

All I can say is about damn time they made this public.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

all i can say is...

FUCKING SE I FUCKING HATE YOU GOD DAMNIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Item Recovery

You can send requests to restore in-game items that have been lost. However, requests for item restoration will only be honored a limited number of times.

- A request must be received within one week (7 days) after the item's loss.
    - The GM staff will only compensate for items that are confirmed via investigation.
    - There is no guarantee that items lost in this manner will be recovered, nor can we provide an estimated time of completion.

To submit an item recovery request, do so via "Help DesK" > "I can't move my character or log out of the game" > "Other," with detailed information on the date and area where you noticed the loss.

Reasons

Losing items or gil can be a trying experience. We will try our best to recover these types of items, but there will be times when this is not possible. We appreciate your understanding if this should occur.

Players can only utilize this service a limited number of times. Please consider carefully whether this service is necessary due to its restrictions.
    seven days... WHAT THE FUCK?!

why was this not there when i vendored my Kclub... why?!?!!?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If I didn't know better I'd say it's looking like they were starting to give half a fuck about customer service. Bizarre.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vannis
    It probably was there, you just didn't know about it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I called like fiteen different GMs, it was so not there!
    They even fucking told me they could see the log of me vendoring the fucking thing!

argh im going to cry

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They even fucking told me they could see the log of me vendoring the fucking thing!

argh im going to cry
    They still wouldn't reimburse it if you sold it today instead of before:

Question
    What kinds of items can I have reimbursed?

Answer
    Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    *) Items mistakenly destroyed
    *) Items mistakenly thrown
    *) Items mistakenly eaten
    Notice no "Items mistakenly sold".

Some of these are pretty interesting:

At what point do you consider someone to be monster holding?

For example, some Notorious Monsters need a few hours and a large number of players to be taken down. Starting the battle at once is best, but sometimes due to several reasons, such as login timing etc, it might take time before all members arrive and actually start fighting the monster. In such case, we do not consider this monster holding.

If the holders mean to hold monsters to deliberately adjust the next spawn window or intentionally delay killing them, GMs will take action against them.
    What constitutes taking advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play?

Some examples would be: using the games' geometry to safely attack a monster without fear of being attacked, or using items repeatedly without affecting the number of items in inventory in order to increase your synthesis skill. If you are unsure whether something is a feature or not, please consult with a GM immediately.
    and I loled at this
    If you are unable to move after becoming embedded in the geometry of the game world, i.e, "stuck,"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Most of the stuff listed is generic and doesn't help much. But even knowing this, it makes me feel better to be able to view the policies rather than being completely blind and taking a GM's word for it. Especially when the policies appear to vary from GM to GM... makes it easier to know if they are being honest or just being retarded.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

argh im going to cry

Question

Answer
    Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    What item can you eat by mistake, and care about it?

This thing might be useful if someone log on your account to throw all your stuff. Not that I'm really worried about that, but you can potentially get everything back.

Now, I just need to figure a way to trick the GM into giving me a 2nd ridill

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Moogle pie? Truelove chocolate? I remember them saying about sentimental items as well as the rare/ex good items.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

-MPK attempts
    This refers to actions in which the offender intentionally brings monsters to other players and makes them attack the victims. The GM may confiscate the offender's loot, or delete the monsters if confirmed. A penalty will also be issued to the offender and any players who aid the attempt.
    Confiscate our loot? Like, any of it they choose? Or just stuff gained related to the MPK attempt? Scary

-Continuous (chat log) spamming
    Spamming /tell, /random or skill increment logs to prevent other players' from chatting, regardless to intention, may result in GMs taking action against players if the action has disturbed others
    What on earth is the skill increment log and how do I spam it?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

argh im going to cry

Question

Answer
    You've never tried eating a Hauberk? It give loooooads of stat increases!

I wonder if this also counts for when you sell something to an NPC by mistake. Should try and see if I can get a water crystal back. :<

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

Does virus-scanning software or security software count as running a third-party program in the background?

No. Running security software or anti-virus software is not a violation. However, automatic update features offered by some anti-virus and security software can interrupt game play, and/or cause the game to suddenly crash.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bwelch
    Does virus-scanning software or security software count as running a third-party program in the background?

No. Running security software or anti-virus software is not a violation. However, automatic update features offered by some anti-virus and security software can interrupt game play, and/or cause the game to suddenly crash.
    Maybe if they had a Windower... Nah that's way too obvious. Let's just keep the game crashing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

argh im going to cry

Question

Answer

This thing might be useful if someone log on your account to throw all your stuff. Not that I'm really worried about that, but you can potentially get everything back.

Now, I just need to figure a way to trick the GM into giving me a 2nd ridill
    I'm not sure if it's possible, but what if you mistakenly ate your happy egg? or w/e the egg event thing is called. AFAIK you can't get it back unless you wait till next easters.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Cant eat happy eggs, they are ammos. And whoever throw it just did himself a favor, because those egg are gimp. There is better ammo than 1%mp bonus

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gridlocking.
    This referes to actions such as blocking passages to mog houses in groups, or gathering near mog house entrances because the home point has been set there. These actions are not considered violations, but GMs may approach you and request you move away from the spot. If the player is not present, GMs will leave a message and move you to a nearby spot.

Wow that's kinda cool.

Question
    What is the difference between harassment and inappropriate behavior?

Answer:
    Harassment is behavior or action that could deal mental damage to the sufferer. With inappropriate behavior, the main goal is to annoy other players or disturb their game play.

Oh snap I wish I had elemental attacks that can deal mental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    It probably was there, but you cheated so no one wanted to help.
    Fixed for drama bonus.

Cant eat happy eggs, they are ammos. And whoever throw it just did himself a favor, because those egg are gimp. There is better ammo than 1%mp bonus
    Happy Egg is the best item for Soul Eater! (during night-time >.>)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast