+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Dynamis Drop Rates?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

New Dynamis Drop Rates?

mm... So they were supposed to change the drop rates for Northlands in the patch notes, or something...? (I completely missed it, but it was mentioned to me by my LS mates.)

I'm guessing we just got lucky. (We've gotten 12 AF from Beaucidine a few times before...) I'm very well aware everyone could just be hitting a luck streak too, but...

Yesterday we got 8 pieces of AF in Beaucidine. (Half the total mobs in the area killed). I've calculated our AF drops for the last 200 something runs for Beaucidine to be about 5 on average (We've had a few runs where we've gotten 0 or just 1... -_-)

Anyone wanna compare drops in Northlands post patch?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Re: New Dynamis Drop Rates?

Our currency Drop rate was a little bit better then a normal dynamis - xarc. Though compared to our last run of 5 af and 2 hundred pieces it paled in comparison. We did get a Valor body last night which made it all better.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiko
    mm... So they were supposed to change the drop rates for Northlands in the patch notes, or something...? (I completely missed it, but it was mentioned to me by my LS mates.)
    It was not in the patch notes or the development notes for this update.

It was mentioned in an interview as something they planned on doing in the future, and will likely happen in September.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'm sort of guessing they'll do it when they either change/keep dynamis prices the same. Either make us happy about lowering the price, make us happy about raising the drop rate, make us really happy about lowering the price and raising the drop rate, or most likely everything stays the same

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

We got 8 pieces in Dynamis-Buburimu last night, 4 -1 hands (BLM PLD BST RNG), and 4 accessory items (DRG, BRD, DRK, can't recall the last). Most I've seen in my experience in a dreamlands zone, but the ls itself has seen similar drops. We were actually talking about the possibility of the increased drop rate during the run, but not sure if was just good luck.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I usually see big dyna pools after a server reset - that's probably what you guys are seeing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

8 AFs in Beaucedine is pretty normal if you killed half the mobs in the zone (which is pretty much clearing all the beastmen including the big statues, plus the first Hydra extension). If you meant half of the normal beastmen, then that's a lot.

In Buburimu, I don't think we've seen less than 9-10 drops. Most being something like 13-14. When you clear boss in <20min and have 1:40 to farm and take out the weak ones first (Crabs, Ravens, Dhalmels, Mandragoras, Efts), you'll see a lot of drops.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Extra farming time definately played a part. We killed the boss in the first 15 minutes due to a mistaken identity Dragon pull, and then farmed the rest of the time. I guess the increased drop rate was just wishful thinking.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We did Xarc last night, saw 0 AF 0 HQ currency, and only about 20-30 (maybe) pieces of NQ currency.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TaruMortis
    We did Xarc last night, saw 0 AF 0 HQ currency, and only about 20-30 (maybe) pieces of NQ currency.
    Did you all go after DL or was this a farming run? We usually crack 100 singles when we farm... so this total seems unsettlingly low.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Did you all go after DL or was this a farming run? We usually crack 100 singles when we farm... so this total seems unsettlingly low.
    Went after DL and failed. (sigh at THF failing at pulling, and DL bindgaing everyone)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    Went after DL and failed. (sigh at THF failing at pulling, and DL bindgaing everyone)
    Why go after DL with like 12 people? Which is the amount you'd need to have had to get that low of singles, even if you cleared NMs and failed at DL. <_< There's still at least an hour leftover if you have an alliance of average players killing not-so-fast.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yeah no change yet at all

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Xarc last night = 0 AF, 3 100s and a Mantle -.- Definately AF drop rate hasn't increased lo.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alibeemac View Post
    Xarc last night = 0 AF, 3 100s and a Mantle -.- Definately AF drop rate hasn't increased lo.
    We got 9 AFs, 4 hundred coins (1 of each and a second Silverpiece), and over 200 singles in Xarcabard the last time we went, just over a week ago.

DL is a waste of time unless you can do it without switching jobs, imo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd View Post
    We got 9 AFs, 4 hundred coins (1 of each and a second Silverpiece), and over 200 singles in Xarcabard the last time we went, just over a week ago.

DL is a waste of time unless you can do it without switching jobs, imo.

Wasn't a waste of time when our last shadow drop was Oct 07 and been a long time coming :< Now to make the mythical ring drop...

Only people who switched jobs were a couple RDMs who went to get /drk while we killed the dragons on way to Ying Yang and they were back asap. We farmed the zone just fine after DL. Just SE forgot to put the AF in there I think ><

200 singles.......in xarca.....?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Afrohatch View Post
    200 singles.......in xarca.....?
    ...yes. <_< We typically get 180-220 in a 23-25man Xarca farm. AFs are tempermental though, usually between 3 and 7, sometimes up to 9 as I mentioned. Never below 3 though.

I dunno, I thought that was pretty normal. We also get 300-350 singles in any decent city run, 260-280 singles in a typical Beauc run, and at least 2 hundred coins every city (for the last several months, except last run we only got 1 oddly), usually every Beauc too. That's not too hard to come by if statues all have TH4 and mobs all have TH4. o.O

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Could you outline your farming path? I'm curious what you guys do to see so many singles.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm curious to see what your farming path is too, although it's implied that you don't do the Dynamis Lord during your Xarcabard farming runs.

Our typical Xarcabard yield is between 130-170 singles, but we take time to clear the Dynamis Lord every time we're there. That takes roughly 45 minutes that could certainly be the difference in terms of singles from Kindred not cleared, but is still time well spent for the 100-piece and the mantle/rings that are in still in demand by our members.

Hundred pieces aren't very dependable. Even with a THF using Armlet's and Thief's Knife pulling, we've still walked out of plenty of cities with zero hundreds to show for it. Getting at least two each run over the course of a long period of time is rather lucky, comparatively.

Edit:

This is what we cover in a good run (not including Vanguard Dragons, etc.)

http://starflare.usc.edu/ffxi/linked...rd_farming.jpg

I guess what I'm having difficulty seeing is that even with 45 minutes extra to farm by skipping the Dynamis Lord, how you're getting 50+ currency more on average considering what the remaining pulls are AND that you're doing it with only 25ish people.