Thread: Amored Core 4/For Answer     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Amored Core 4/For Answer

Anyone else fans of the series and picked up the recent releases on the 360? Right now I've completed the arena for ACFA, and it seems they kicked up the AI quite a bit from AC4, along with a few obscenely annoying fights(Dice and Roadie) which make the arena battles worse than 9-ball in AC Nexus because of the sheer speed of Dice (Super light weight mech, Human+/OP-Intensify like AI levels), and the obscene firepower and speed of Roadie.

They also polished up the VOB from the Japanese demo and the game as a whole flows better than AC4. Also, I've pretty much enjoyed the fact that they made the allegiance paths unique in parts selection vs other paths.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I was intrested to hear how this on turned out, it has a new developer and well the publisher is UBISOFT, one of my favorite publishers so Im very intrested. I bought AMC4 and hated it, hopeing this is much better.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Actually, its the same developer as all of the armored core games (From Software). UBISOFT just decided to publish it, same as they did with AC2 which was widely regarded as the best one published. Much better voice acting this time around, and new design, however the controls head's up are the same. The game however is quite a bit more fluid. At least rent it before you buy it if you've been a fan of the series.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I recall agetech doing the AC games, lemme go have a look.

After a little detective work, agetech published 3 and a few others, small mixup there, but yeah, I need to rent this game, wanna see how it is.

AC is really starting to show it's age for me. It's been the same game forever now with no signs of them really trying to improve / revamp on it. I'm not trying to bash it or anything, I just really hoped for something entirely refreshing when 4 came out and to me it fell short, but none the less I still played through the entire thing and enjoyed it.

I hope I hear good things about the new one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

However, one thing that puts me off compared to AC4 with this game is the ridiculous achievements. Getting 10,000 Enemy AC Kills online? Are you fucking kidding me? I don't think I have that many AC kills over the whole span of the start of AC3 to ACFA lol.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Played 2 and 3 and Silent Line is one of my favorite games in my game library. I DID buy ac4 but i returned it the same day cause my urge to play suddenly dropped when i got to the car <.<. I'd have to see some of the gameplay when it comes out before i buy it. Only thing i can remember that i didnt like too much was how accurate enemies could be in some of the later fights(but i guess we can just call that difficult gaming lol)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I'm actually going to make a suggestion. Don't rent of buy if you value your controllers.
    The game went from fun to unnecessarily frustratingly hard. If any of you remember the 9-ball fight from nexus on hard mode, EVERY AC BATTLE from chapter 2 on is just like it except 3 times faster, and you can't even keep the NEXTS targeted.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    I'm actually going to make a suggestion. Don't rent of buy if you value your controllers.
    The game went from fun to unnecessarily frustratingly hard. If any of you remember the 9-ball fight from nexus on hard mode, EVERY AC BATTLE from chapter 2 on is just like it except 3 times faster, and you can't even keep the NEXTS targeted.
    Well that sealed my fate about renting/getting this game. I've dabbled a bit in AC4 and some of the earlier games, but I just never really got down with the hyperkenetic pace of battles in these games. (I was always more of a Battletech/MechWarrior and Steel Battalions fan myself)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Well that sealed my fate about renting/getting this game. I've dabbled a bit in AC4 and some of the earlier games, but I just never really got down with the hyperkenetic pace of battles in these games. (I was always more of a Battletech/MechWarrior and Steel Battalions fan myself)
    Well, I found out why the NEXTS were on ubermode the whole fucking time. Apparently, Regulations 1.2 turned the game into hardmode, and regs 1.0 things slow down quite a bit, and the game is more along the lines of AC4's high end speed (and missiles actually work too). They also have special edition regs that make all energy drain zero (1.15). I'm going to continue to play on regs 1.2 just to say that I did it lol.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

AC4 also looks amazing on an hdtv, especially the city boards.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'm about to pick it up. What is everyone playing it on? ps3 or 360? I was thinking of getting it for 360 just for online community but the only PS3 game I have right now is MGS4 soooo yeah not sure.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've got it on the PS3. I don't play it a whole lot, but my bf does.

Is the core customization system not so back asswards like it felt in 4? I mean, tweaking little stuff with the FRS points or whatever seemed interesting, but I could just never tell a difference. Not to mention building a light/speedy AC still seems like a bad idea unlike in 1 or 2, which I felt was more fun avoiding shit before missiles started homing too well or had giant ass explosions that'd still hit you anyway. Of course, you then turn around fight some heavy tank computer that moves like the speeder would. Always wound up making a Karasawa/Moonlite combo back when with nothing else. It encouraged ammo conservation and precision with a laser blade, but now it's like.. you just get laughed at by the AI because blade handling got sloppy and they got more agile.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Right now I'm playing on the 360. As of now I have 4 missions to S rank till SS rank. As for tuning, its the same with FRS points, however there's around 420+ to play with. I won't lie, in regs 1.2 the game is quite fast, and it will cause problems with single player. If you bump it down to 1.0, it makes it alot more manageable for some of the fights. Also, light cores do rape, you just have to have the play style for them correct.

Right now I have a light weight mech with dual super light weight grenade launchers, with a rosenthal AR and the moonlight on my left arm. Pretty damn good for missions imo. Quite a bit more in the way of parts. You just have to remember that in online the regs are 1.2 and heavier mechs suffer except for those with energy weapons. Going to throw this out though, blade tracking in this one is amazing, and you can pretty much eat AC's alive with the moonlight.

I never really took to Quick/Over Boosting, but I figured the basic concept of playing a light AC to short hop boosts and basically boost again before landing so you don't get stuck in the kneeling animation. From there, it's just a matter of aiming and attempting to evade as you go.

For the most part, I was actually okay on a lot of missions in 4, but stuff like that one hover AC on the ocean/tower area gave me hell, and that one with the 3 experimental Nexts or whatever with laser blades of doom was a pain, too. That damn sub mission was annoying, too. Never did go back through on a hard mode play.

I'll probably snag this just for something new, but I'd probably get my ass kicked online.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I never really took to Quick/Over Boosting, but I figured the basic concept of playing a light AC to short hop boosts and basically boost again before landing so you don't get stuck in the kneeling animation. From there, it's just a matter of aiming and attempting to evade as you go.

For the most part, I was actually okay on a lot of missions in 4, but stuff like that one hover AC on the ocean/tower area gave me hell, and that one with the 3 experimental Nexts or whatever with laser blades of doom was a pain, too. That damn sub mission was annoying, too. Never did go back through on a hard mode play.

I'll probably snag this just for something new, but I'd probably get my ass kicked online.
    Well, I'd actually suggest something along the lines of a quad if you don't prefer air combat. Also, I would say that the Hover tank was a bitch to all of us, basically had to go back on certain regs and missile boat him. As for the experimental nexts, grenades > them. Submarine mission was annoying because the SOB's were hard to find because of glare. Online isn't too bad other than the japanese that play this (go figure, jp button ftw), most american players don't even have SS rank yet on missions, and are missing parts and such.

HEY FUCK YOU BUDDY
    BG Level

I rather like 4; it's not a huge change, but it's enough of one to keep it feeling fresh for me.

Also, if you want to bitch about difficulty, play through Last Raven. Good lord that shit is hard. I've 100%ed/near 100%ed every AC game except for AC2:AA and Last Raven feels far harder then all the others.

on one of the ranked next fights the npc just kept dashing in a corner and ended up ringing himself out when i got near him this happen to anyone else?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Korremar View Post
    I rather like 4; it's not a huge change, but it's enough of one to keep it feeling fresh for me.

Also, if you want to bitch about difficulty, play through Last Raven. Good lord that shit is hard. I've 100%ed/near 100%ed every AC game except for AC2:AA and Last Raven feels far harder then all the others.
    I played LR, wasn't that bad really. As for the guy ringing himself out, I've never encountered that except in AC4, not FA. FA the computers are pretty much immune to ringouts.