BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

smartphones - - - which?

iphone 3g?
    blackberry curve/world ed?
    htc touch?
    nokia e62?

not too interested in the iphone, leaning towards the curve or world edition because i wouldn't have to switch carriers and could give my wifey my old moto

i would use it constantly for biz and i would need the international roaming for sure, definitely would like to have M$ apps or a phone that can edit/import M$ files

bandwidth isnt really an issue to me

any input?

edit: holy fuck wrong forum lawl - admin plz move to general D:

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Moved from FFXI: Media.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

holy shit u are quick i caught that 30 secs after i posted D:

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Have the blackberry, love it. Dynoplex makes e-office for it. Also has great 3rd party support.

edit: only gripe is the buttons are much closer together than on the curve. I'm on the road a lot and don't use hands free. Dialing isn't as pleasant as on the curve.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm speaking from experience when i say the e62 sucks. It's slow in general phone functions. Get a blackberry if you don't want an iphone.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

blackberrys rawk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

hmm just thinking is there some kind of option to connect thru the wifi using VPN? my biz mail is secure so not sure if that would work

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

No WiFi on the world edition (8830) afaik (unless someone did something new). The 8820 has WiFi. I've used the 8820 WiFi and it sucks. I hated it. Sometimes I'd have to turn off the EDGE network to make the WiFi work over the Blackberry wireless internet. I don't know of a 3rd party browser that supports it either.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What about the new google phone?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

have u seen that piece of junk? googlephonenothx

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I use the Motorola Q9 and I am in love with it, fast, easy to use and looks businessy.

Iphone3g.

Everything else is just a phone.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Iphone3g.

Everything else is just a phone.
    Truth.

As much as I have hated Apple products in the past, my iPhone has really been a quality purchase.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

treo 755p

I still have mine even though I switched to t-mobile.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HTC Touch.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    No WiFi on the world edition (8830) afaik (unless someone did something new). The 8820 has WiFi. I've used the 8820 WiFi and it sucks. I hated it. Sometimes I'd have to turn off the EDGE network to make the WiFi work over the Blackberry wireless internet. I don't know of a 3rd party browser that supports it either.
    I have a Blackberry 8830 World Ed, and I am looking at my fantasy football through Verizon Network wireless right this moment. (It is a hell of a lot faster than any WiFi I used on Iphone also btw, by like 30x)

It looks a lot better than the Curve as well. Go to Verizon, hold both to each other, and you will see what I am talking about.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

People who ride the iPhones dick knowing nothing about software development make me lol. Also Android is an open mobile operating system that is much more powerful and has much more potential than the iPhone or any Blackberry could ever dream of having. The most beautiful part however, the G1 is just the first market ready phone with it, they don't intend to be whores about it and keep you locked in the G1 just to use Android (hi2u iphone bullshit). It's comparing apples and oranges, while all the other phones are doing the same shit Android is setting out to increase development within the development community not regulate it and attempt to profit of it like Apple has.

As far as the best smartphone goes, right now it's probably the iPhone but in a year or so it will be whatever phones can run Android, without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    People who ride the iPhones dick knowing nothing about software development make me lol. Also Android is an open mobile operating system that is much more powerful and has much more potential than the iPhone or any Blackberry could ever dream of having. The most beautiful part however, the G1 is just the first market ready phone with it, they don't intend to be whores about it and keep you locked in the G1 just to use Android (hi2u iphone bullshit). It's comparing apples and oranges, while all the other phones are doing the same shit Android is setting out to increase development within the development community not regulate it and attempt to profit of it like Apple has.

As far as the best smartphone goes, right now it's probably the iPhone but in a year or so it will be whatever phones can run Android, without any doubt.
    Ya, because anyone who thinks the best smart phone on the market (by far) is awesome (and it is) obviously is a moron. You stated yourself its the best phone on the market and that is what he asked.

Android may have more potential but so does the apple software development program. I can find my location and the location of my friends anytime i want, view the constalations of the area I am in, determine the military coordinates to my position and the position I want to go, identify what song is playing on the radio and download it in 20 seconds, view videos in hi def and listen to 10,000 songs, compose a fucking piano metric (fucking awesome tool btw, full piano with good sound and recording on the iphone), browse youtube like it was nothing, control my home computer FROM ACROSS THE PLANET, and listen to live streaming music anywhere i want.

Oh ya and its a pretty good phone too.

The only downside to the iphone is it cant be tethered legally (yet).

The awesome apps/possibilities of the iphone are even more enhanced with the unlocked version. Play PSP games, other systems, and do some serious things.

The iphone gets so much dick sucking because it deserves it. Dont spout cybergeek elistism on a forum of people that most likely know just as much or more about it than you do, as a justification of why it sucks (when you state it is the best out there).

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I wish Sprint could use iPhone

Since they don't I'm stuck with Instinct (shitty web browsing) or HTC Touch Diamond (windows mobile, not as flexible as it could be).

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Ya, because anyone who thinks the best smart phone on the market (by far) is awesome (and it is) obviously is a moron. You stated yourself its the best phone on the market and that is what he asked.

Android may have more potential but so does the apple software development program. I can find my location and the location of my friends anytime i want, view the constalations of the area I am in, determine the military coordinates to my position and the position I want to go, identify what song is playing on the radio and download it in 20 seconds, view videos in hi def and listen to 10,000 songs, compose a fucking piano metric (fucking awesome tool btw, full piano with good sound and recording on the iphone), browse youtube like it was nothing, control my home computer FROM ACROSS THE PLANET, and listen to live streaming music anywhere i want.

Oh ya and its a pretty good phone too.

The only downside to the iphone is it cant be tethered legally (yet).

The awesome apps/possibilities of the iphone are even more enhanced with the unlocked version. Play PSP games, other systems, and do some serious things.

The iphone gets so much dick sucking because it deserves it. Dont spout cybergeek elistism on a forum of people that most likely know just as much or more about it than you do, as a justification of why it sucks (when you state it is the best out there).
    In fairness I never said that thinking the iPhone is a good phone is stupid, I said it's funny when people ride it's dick without knowing why it's a good phone and why other phones will, without a doubt, pass it up as time goes on. I can see why you took my post personally and that's fine; I guess it should be said there are about 3 topics now with the same kind of stuff where people are all saying the same stuff.

Anyway, yes Apple has a great development program setup with the App Store and all but when you compare it to what google has setup for Android it's really not as free and definitely at a significant disadvantage considering the limitations they place on the developer and the hardware/software they're required to use in order to even consider using it, not to mention they have to get permission to even read the documentation and then more permission to download the software for it.

Like I said, it's really not a fair comparison, while the iPhone aims to please people who are easily pleased, google is aiming to change what should be pleasing and give a more robust choice and platform for application development.