+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow...in Texas?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Snow...in Texas?

Built a few snowmen while it was pouring down snow. Also a shot of campus before the snow really started falling.

How the fuck does Texas get snow yet SC gets shafted? No justice!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not that big of a deal

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

ZERO SNOW AT UTD D: Yet LH got tons of snow. WTF?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

i wonder when is FL gonna get snow

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ha ha my sister sent me a text today saying she got snow at school. She also goes to Texas A&M.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Global Warming.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki View Post
    How the fuck does Texas get snow yet SC gets shafted? No justice!
    Because I came to SC for a reason!

And lol I remember growing up making snowmen. My neighbors and I would have like 5 of us rolling these HUGE ass balls until we got the whole front yard gathered up. Was a lot of fun XD But my fingers were always so cold. ;_;

My ex girlfriend has called me 3 times today telling me how insane it is and how she feels like she is back in colorado. hah

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    i wonder when is FL gonna get snow
    List of snow events in Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's happened in your lifetime and you've been missin' 'em, man.

Closest things I ever saw while living in Florida were hailstorms, and sometimes frosting.

Yesterday I experienced the summer humidity in the afternoon. by mid day, i experienced spring showers. About after 5, i experienced the fall winds. by i around 9, i experienced the winter's cold.

I lived through a whole year within 12hours. Woo.

And now its fucking snowing.

Houston weather is weird as fuck.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Global Warming.
    this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I wish it would snow in LA or San diego would make me giddy then having an actual downpour all day... Too bad both are dreams hehe

HOLY SHIT WHERES AL GORE WHEN U NEED HIM

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

We need his internets of tubed data.

PS: I love how people can blame global warming either way. See! Theres no such thing as global warming, it's not warm enough to stop it from snowing! See! There is such a thing as global warming, it's warm enough to melt the ice to cause it to snow in wierd places!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Snow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Types of snow

Falling snow

Blizzard
    A long-lasting snow storm with intense snowfall and usually high winds. Particularly severe storms can create whiteout conditions where visibility is reduced to less than 1 m.

Columns
    A class of snow flakes that is shaped like a six sided column. One of the 4 classes of snow flakes.

Dendrites
    A class of snow flakes that has 6 points, making it somewhat star shaped. The classic snow flake shape. One of the 4 classes of snow flakes.

Flurry
    A period of light snow with usually little accumulation with occasional moderate snowfall.

Freezing rain
    Supercooled rain that freezes on impact with a sufficiently cold surface. This can cover trees in a uniform layer of very clear, shiny ice – a beautiful phenomenon, though excessive accumulation can break tree limbs and utility lines, causing utility failures and possible property damage.

Graupel
    Precipitation formed when freezing fog condenses on a snowflake, forming a ball of rime ice. Also known as snow pellets.

Ground blizzard
    Occurs when a strong wind drives already fallen snow to create drifts and whiteouts.

Hail
    Many-layered ice balls, ranging from "pea" sized (0.25 in, 6 mm) to "golf ball" sized (1.75 in, 43 mm), to, in rare cases, "softball" sized or greater (­>4.25 in, 108 mm). Hail is associated with severe thunderstorms instead of winter weather.

Hailstorm
    A storm of hail. If the hail is sufficiently large, it can cause damage to cars or even people.

Lake effect snow
    Produced when cold winds move across long expanses of warmer lake water, picking up water vapor which freezes and is deposited on the lake's shores.

Needles
    A class of snow flakes that are acicular in shape (their length is much longer than their diameter, like a needle). One of the 4 classes of snow flakes.

Rain and snow mixed
    Precipitation consisting of both snow and rain; also called "wintry mix" or "wintry shower".

Rimed snow
    Snow flakes that are partially or completely coated in tiny frozen water droplets called rime. Rime forms on a snow flake when it passes through a super-cooled cloud. One of the 4 classes of snow flakes.

Sleet
    In Canada and Britain, rain mixed with snow; Some Americans also refer to this as sleet, while others refer to sleet as ice pellets formed when snowflakes pass through a layer of warm air, partially or completely thaw, then refreeze upon passing through sufficiently cold air during further descent

Snow pellets
    See graupel.

Snow squall
    A brief, very intense snowstorm.

Snow storm
    A long storm of relatively heavy snow.

Soft hail
    See graupel.

Thundersnow
    A thunderstorm which produces snow as the primary form of precipitation.

Snow on the ground

Artificial snow
    Snow can be also manufactured using snow cannons, which actually create tiny granules more like soft hail (this is sometimes called "grits" by those in the southern U.S. for its likeness to the texture of the food). In recent years, snow cannons have been produced that create more natural-looking snow, but these machines are prohibitively expensive.

Blowing snow
    Snow on ground that is being moved around by wind. See ground blizzard.

Chopped powder
    Powder snow that has been cut up by previous skiers.

Corn
    Coarse, granular wet snow. Most commonly used by skiers describing good spring snow. Corn is the result of diurnal cycle of melting and refreezing.

Cornice
    An overhanging formation of windblown snow. Important in skiing and alpine climbing because the overhang can be unstable and hard to see from the leeward side.

Crud
    This covers varieties of snow that all but advanced skiers find impassable. Subtypes are (a) windblown powder with irregularly shaped crust patches and ridges, (b) heavy tracked spring snow re-frozen to leave a deeply rutted surface strewn with loose blocks, (c) a deep layer of heavy snow saturated by rain (although this may go by another term). Crud is negotiated with a even weighting along the length of the skis, and smooth radius turns started, if necessary, with a pop or jump. When an advanced skier falls over on crud, it is probably because it is 'heavy crud', q.v.

Crust
    A layer of snow on the surface of the snowpack that is stronger than the snow below, which may be powder snow. Depending on their thickness and resulting strength, crusts can be termed "supportable," meaning that they will support the weight of a human, "breakable," meaning that they will not, or "zipper," meaning that a skier can break and ski through the crust. Crusts often result from partial melting of the snow surface by direct sunlight or warm air followed by re-freezing.

Depth Hoar
    Faceted snow crystals, usually poorly or completely unbonded (unsintered) to adjacent crystals, creating a weak zone in the snowpack. Depth hoar forms from metamorphism of the snowpack in response to a large temperature gradient between the warmer ground beneath the snowpack and the surface. The relatively high porosity (percentage of air space), relatively warm temperature (usually near freezing point), and unbonded weak snow in this layer can allow various organisms to live in it.

Finger Drift
    A narrow snow drift(1-3 feet in width) crossing a roadway. Several finger drifts in succession resemble the fingers of a hand.

Heavy crud
    See 'Crud'.

Ice
    Densely packed material formed from snow that doesn't contain air bubbles. Depending on the snow accumulation rate, the air temperature, and the weight of the snow in the upper layers, it can take snow a few hours or a few decades to form into ice.

Firn
    Snow which has been lying for at least a year but which has not yet consolidated into glacier ice. It is granular.

Packed Powder
    The most common snow cover on ski slopes, consisting of powder snow that has lain on the ground long enough to become compressed, but is still loose.

Packing snow
    Snow that is at or near the melting point, so that it can easily be packed into snowballs and hurled at other people or objects. This is perfect for snow fights and other winter fun, such as making a snowman, or a snow fort.

Penitentes
    Tall blades of snow found at high altitudes.

Pillow Drift
    A snow drift crossing a roadway and usually 10-15 feet in width and 1-3 three feet in depth.

Powder
    Freshly fallen, uncompacted snow. The density and moisture content of powder snow can vary widely; snowfall in coastal regions and areas with higher humidity is usually heavier than a similar depth of snowfall in an arid or continental region. Light, dry (low moisture content, typically 4 - 7% water content) powder snow is prized by skiers and snowboarders. It is often found in the Rocky Mountains of North America and in Niseko, Japan.

Slush
    Snow which partially melts upon reaching the ground, to the point that it accumulates in puddles of partially-frozen water.

Snirt
    Snow covered with dirt, which occurs most often in Spring, in Prairie States like North Dakota, where strong winds pick up black topsoil from uncovered farm fields and blow it into nearby towns where the melt rate is slower. The phenomenon is almost magical; one goes to sleep with white snow outside and awakens to black snow. Also, snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots near areas that have been plowed.

Snowdrift
    Large piles of snow which occur near walls and curbs, as the wind tends to push the snow up toward the vertical surfaces.

Surface Hoar
    Faceted, corn-flake shaped snow crystals that are a type of frost that forms on the surface of the snow pack on cold, clear, calm nights. Subsequent snowfall can bury layers of surface hoar, incorporating them into the snowpack where they can form a weak layer. Sometimes referred to as hoar frost.

Watermelon snow
    A reddish/pink-colored snow that smells like watermelons, and is caused by a red-colored green algae called Chlamydomonas nivalis.

Wind slab
    A layer of relatively stiff, hard snow formed by deposition of wind blown snow on the leeward side of a ridge or other sheltered area. Wind slabs can form over weaker, softer freshly fallen powder snow, creating an avalanche hazard on steep slopes.

http://bestweekever.blogs.com/photos..._you_know1.jpg

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    We need his internets of tubed data.

PS: I love how people can blame global warming either way. See! Theres no such thing as global warming, it's not warm enough to stop it from snowing! See! There is such a thing as global warming, it's warm enough to melt the ice to cause it to snow in wierd places!
    Jesus fucking Christ.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

lolA&M

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Yeah, it snowed over here in San Antonio @_@ I work 3-midnight shift at TWC, when I was done...very interesting drive home. Woke up this morning , ice like a mother out here. I like the weather right now atm because usually it's hotter than BFE here usually.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kellen Amarian
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I remember when it snowed as far down south as Corpus a few years back on Christmas Eve. Was a great Christmas holiday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast