Thread: Experiences with Newegg?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Experiences with Newegg?

Has anyone had any dealings with Newegg.com? In my other topic i was told i needed a new computer, so, newegg being the most popular i went there. Is it very trustworthy? Are the deals decent? I'm looking at a prebuilt computer there and just wanted to be sure i'm not going to get screwed over by the site.

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 504 Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB DDR2 320GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

This is what i'm looking at. Good deal? Mainly this comp would be used for games, mostly FFXI/WoW and Diablo 3 when it hits. If this one sucks, any recommendations on alternatives? Thanks!

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Newegg has some of the best deals around, and is very easy to work with. I always shop there first and then double check and make sure I can't get a better deal elsewhere.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Newegg is one of the largest, most popular places to order computer parts from in North America. I've had nothing but good experiences over the past 7 years or so that I've been ordering from them. Their prices are usually at least competitive, they're consistent, and trustworthy. About the only reason I don't order from them is if they don't happen to stock the particular thing I'm looking for.

I guess that's enough free advertising for them >.>;

All you're doing is buying an iBuyPower branded computer through them, which you can just as well do from the iBuyPower site itself. iBUYPOWER: High Performance Custom Gaming Computers and Notebooks

Personally, the specs of the machine are not something I'd go for. Of course, part of the cost is buying a legitimate copy of Windows, which to me is something you should do...and it does add to the cost some when building. Otherwise, I would look at a Core 2 Duo and probably a Radeon HD 4830 or 4850 for budget gaming (or a 9800GT or whatever, but ATI is more consistent with FFXI).

The computer you picked out is perfectly fine for those games. Although I do agree on changing out the 9500. As for newegg itself, I've done all my computer buying through them. Unless I need something that day, then I go in town and buy something. But still, newegg is the only place I really trust when I buy computer stuff. I've never had any major issues with them.

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

As far as I know Newegg is the largest, the most trustworthy, and the best purveyor of technological goods.

I don't know anyone who's built their own PC that didn't use Newegg.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love the service there, it's like so difficult for them to fuck up. I've never seen a company so flawless in its execution of service. I don't think they are humans that work at that company. It's just not possible.

All exaggeration aside, I think when God wanted to make the universe, newegg was consulted first and parts bought there.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

I've only had 1 bad experience from newegg. Dead motherboard on arrival sent it back for a refund and got a dif brand.

I fucking wish Newegg had a UK division.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Wow. I cant believe the overwhelming positive responses. I was nervous with going with an online dealer ever since I heard the whole thing with bluehippo.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Newegg is a god among.. suppliers.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well I heard in the States Newegg is like #1. However, the one over here in Canada sucks (pricing wise). NCIX is the Canadian version of Newegg and... it's pretty competitive in both pricing and service.

PS: Your PC looks pretty solid. Should last you quite awhile =)

love newegg

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been using newegg for 6 years now, and I haven't had a single issue, hickup, or problem with them in the slightest. Even their RMA process was painless for defective hardware.

I love newegg, but I hate the fact you aren't buying your own parts. my opinion though, whatever you want to do is your buisness.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I always go to newegg first when I need computer parts. And I have never had a negative experience with them. They ship very fast and are very generous with returns and they almost always have very good prices.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    I've only had 1 bad experience from newegg. Dead motherboard on arrival sent it back for a refund and got a dif brand.
    Eh, I had a doa HDD from Newegg once, but it was handled promtly. Was the only thing for me, but still, defective products happen sometimes, distributor is just the middleman, it's how they handle the swap IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Eh, I had a doa HDD from Newegg once, but it was handled promtly. Was the only thing for me, but still, defective products happen sometimes, distributor is just the middleman, it's how they handle the swap IMO.
    That's the way I operate, I'll judge the distributor purely on delivery times, prices and customer service.

newegg is very good i just a new PC 90% of the parts where from newegg most where free 3 day shipping but came next day because iam so close to the shipping location

After going around pricing everything out bestbuy, circitcity, mwave.com, proformancePC.com, and a few others found newegg had the best deals on everthing.Only reason I say 90% is cause they dont stock the heatsink and extra case fans i went with

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Newegg is ftw, you can look at other places to try and find a better deal but its rare to actually get one. Go ahead and order from them, you won't regret it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Thanks for all the responses. I definitely feel better about ordering through them now.